Manchester City v Manchester United 17th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Now i've calmed down a little, I think we can talk about the match in more depth. I look a bit of a fool now for doubting SAF's lineup of playing all 3 of the old guard because they were 3 of our best players. Vidic was my man of the match though, in the absence of Rio he had to step it up another notch and play his A game because while Evans is a great defender he is no Rio at the moment. But he did a brilliant job today and at times it was as if Rio was playing. Calm performance from the lad. But Vida was great I thought. I'm sure his head is a ball magnet. Rooney was probably one of our worst players, obviously not 100% and his ankle is obviously affecting him. Hopefully he's alright for Spurs. I think we can win the last 2 without him but Spurs it'll be difficult although still possible especially as winning the derby this season has brought an enormous amount of confidence. Shame it didn't come at the start of the month. Maybe we would have won the title by now. The final 3rd lacking ideas again, one of our big problems this season, lacking a goalscoring playmaker, possibly the only area we need to invest in.

May 1st - mark your diary.

Thought Neville and Scholes were quality. Giggs less so, thought he had a poor game actually. Agree Jason, Vidic was quality.

Player ratings

VDS - 7 Had little to do
Neville - 7.5 was petrified before kick ny Bellamy's pace, why I dont know, Gary Nev was superb
Evans - 7 Solid
Vidic - 8 Rock
Evra - 7 was good, felt he lacked quality in final third until the cross for winning goal of course.
Valencia - 7.5 main attacking threat in first half an defended well. Surprised to see subbed.
Gibson - 6.5 Not great but did a lot of donkey work
Scholes - 8.5 MOM, controlled play and winning goal.
Fletcher - 7 Worked tirelessly. Quality of passing was offish at times.
Giggs - 6 Tried too many fancy flicks which didnt work. Not Ryan's best performance.
Rooney - 6 Injured and struggled.

Well what can I say ?Besides almost relieving myself on the couch rather than the toilet,it was a steady performance by the reds.I do believe it is game on !Special mention;Vidic was colossal !

I think I woke up the neighbourhood last night(aus ET).After Scholes scored would you guys believe I exhausted my celebration dances and started to skip around the house...O.K.,that was just wierd !

COME ON RED DEVILS !

Saturdey could not end better then it ends yesterday :) ...

WE are the Reds--- Comon !!!

I read an article this morning by Piers Morgan regarding Manchester United's "crumbling" empire ? His assertion was this,Sir Alex should retire now and make way for Jose Morinho to take charge of the reds if we stand any hope of sustaining or reasserting our powerhouse prowess ?

I know we have to come to the realization that the "Gaf" will soon call it a day.However,his analysis of our current shortcomings this season seems to suggest we are but mere school boys in terms of european heavy weights ?

Does this guy understand the machinations of football ?Other articles published by this Piers Morgan have also hit sour notes in reference to Manchester United.What is his beef with us ?

The media are desperate for United to fail. They have written off both Fergie and United so many times yet Fergie always finds an answer for his critics.

Piers is wrong if he is suggesting we are school boys in terms of european heavy weights. We have won the Champions League/European cup on three occassions, same the number as Barca. Are Barca school boys? Nah.

Not sure if Piers Morgan has a beef with United, generally dont read his article. Anyone care to answer this?

He's an Arsenal supporter, who always writes these sort of "outspoken" columns - some of them are quite humorous to read, some of them are more indicative of his sorrows being a Gunner's fan, but all of them are not meant to be taken all that seriously.

He wrote one earlier this season ripping Gary Neville apart as well, and then calling him or us "swine". Like I said, partly humorous but not meant to be taken seriously

I can finally comment on the game. Perhaps we didnt deserve a win, but City didnt deserve anything. Everytime we play them Mancini comes out a lot more defensive and plays to defend, which contradicts every other match

I thought we got it wrong. We were allowed to attack and should have gone in 4-4-2. Especially playing Gibson in a game like this. Not one shooting oppurtunity and other than what does he offer. But Scholes controlled the middle, amazing performance and capped it off with the winner. Brilliant

But the congrats must go to Evans and more so to Vidic. Another brilliant performance from him, Evans must be really close to becomming our first choice defender, but Vidic was wow. His determination to stop the ball being sucked into the net, the block from Onohou (?) was unbelievable.

Felt Berbatov and Obertan were lively when they came on. Giggs was frustrating but he still tormented their defence. Beating the bitters in the 90th minute ...again...WHAT A SEASON

agree mate, feel we should play 4-4-2 for the remainder of season. While playing 4-5-1 in recent games we've struggled to create chances. Lets go 4-4-2 an attack teams and hopefully improve our goal difference. How important will Lampards late goal be?

Agree, Vidic was superb, back to his very best.

Agree, Gibson wasnt great but alongside Fletcher did a lot of donkey work which allowed Scholes time and space to dictate play.

Berbatov did look lively when he came on. Dont know why Fergie left Rooney on for so long as it was obvious he was struggling with injury.

Chelsea losing vs Spurs rather than drawing takes goal difference out of the equation.Only 1 point in it with 3 games to go, it would take an unlikely set of results for it to matter now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back