Man City Discussion 2022/23

He's like a combination of Shearer and Ruud, which makes him unstoppable.

Pep said last night Haaland doesn't have a release clause in his contract.

God I hope he's wrong and that Haaland leaves anyway the man is just ruining football for everyone else.

19 goals in his first 12 games is ridiculous.

his dad has already said he wants to do 3 or 4 years in each league. Which I think is disrespectful to city just a few months into his contract. He'll be off to Spain at some point. Propably Pep retires the same time

his dad has already said he wants to do 3 or 4 years in each league. Which I think is disrespectful to city just a few months into his contract. He'll be off to Spain at some point. Propably Pep retires the same time

I think those comments came from a documentary filmed before Haaland's move to City.

I don't think it's disrespectful, City are getting him for probably his best years for a minimum of 3 years and at the of 3 years they will bank a massive transfer fee.

You shouldn't expect loyalty from players, it's a professional career at some point players might want a change, all I really expect from them is a bit of honour and don't leave to join a direct rival if you've been well looked after. He's already left Molde, Salzburg and Dortmund so you go into that signing knowing he'll probably leave you too. Players these days don't see their career being at 1 club some of the top players want to move around and experience different things and why not?

If he plays 150 games for city and score 150 goals then leaves for £100m more than they paid for him I'd imagine they'll be pretty happy.

He might decide he actually loves it in Manchester sign a new contract and stay for 5-10 years like Lewendowski did in Germany before he eventually deciding he wanted to move to Spain. I'm sure all the free first class holidays to Dubai will be pretty hard to give up.

I don't think free first class holidays to Dubai means much to someone earning £300k a week.

I think he'll stay there a very long time. Whilst him and Pep are there they'll be winning so why leave. Anywhere he's decided to go will be a downwards step.

I don't think free first class holidays to Dubai means much to someone earning £300k a week.

I think he'll stay there a very long time. Whilst him and Pep are there they'll be winning so why leave. Anywhere he's decided to go will be a downwards step.

It was more a point about these City players are likely getting plenty of "off the books perks" that help the club comply with FFP.

Wouldn't be surprised if a number of them are getting income from UEA registered companies alongside their football contracts. Brand ambassadors for Etihad for example.

The only reason I think this must be happening is they aren't paying bank busting salaries and there's no way they're holding on to their top guys and attracting Haaland without paying them close to what the big boys are earning.

I dunno I think the lure of Spain will eventually be to much for him he'll want to go over there eventually hopefully like Ronaldo he does it at 23 rather than do a Lewendowski and wait until he's 35.

City I think will now be entering into the "everyone hates us" period now. Similar to what everyone had with Liverpool in the 70's/80's and Utd through the 90's/00's. The kind of challengers to the establishment tag is gone and they will be seen as the bad guys.

if it was said before the move fair enough.

But to answer your point, it is disrespectful to talk about your next move 2 months into your new contract. Irrespective of how he performs. Just let the fans enjoy it.

And He will definitely move to Spain, no matter how successful City are.

Yeah he's got some documentary thing out called the choice, that is where the quote about him wanting to prove himself in various leagues came from.

What is interesting is they apparently ranked the teams interested in him and City came out on top with Madrid second but when he made the decision to go to City it was on the assumption that Madrid were getting Mbappe. You wonder if they'd know Mbappe was going to end up staying at PSG if they'd have gone to Madrid.

As annoying as it is to say I think he's made the best move that City team is perfect for him and barring injuries he's going to obliterate plenty of the PL scoring records.

One I saw the other day was Michael Owen had the record for the quickest player to 3 hat tricks in the PL era took him around 50 games to do it. Haaland did it in 8 games.

Prior to Haaland City won 4 out of 5 titles if he stays for 5 years you have to say it's hard to see them failing to repeat that again.

I've triple captained him for this weekend, so he'll probably draw a blank.

I almost did it last weekend I just knew he was going to destroy us.

Daily Mail reporting that Haaland is on nearly £900k a week with bonuses taken in to account.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

can't see the tweet, I guess it's about his extra 2 years, great news for them, and I guess the prem

Not sure it's great news for the Prem. City are becoming very dominant and it's hard to see anyone knocking them off the top unless they implode themselves like Utd did post Fergie. The Premier League prides itself on it's competitive nature having 1 team bang in 90 odd points a season and regularly hammering teams by 5 or more it's not a great selling point.

I thought Klopp might have enough about him to mentally break Pep but even he doesn't seem to have it in him he doesn't have the money behind him at Liverpool to sustain the fight against City year on year.

Managing City is just the perfect job for him he gets whatever he wants from the owners and the pressure and focus isn't anywhere near as intense as it was in Barcelona.

It's up to the other teams to catch up. Having the best managers and players improves the league

That is true but when you have a club who are essentially able to access a bottomless pit of money how do you catch up?

City have built an incredibly well tuned winning machine they've built the football equivalent of the "death star" it's up to the other clubs to find the weakness in it. The best thing the other managers could do is club together and just go after Pep try and chase him out of town. He's clearly highly strung if you can crank the pressure up on him enough that he gets in his own head I think he'd walk away. It would take Fergie or Mourinho in their prime to do that I really thought Klopp had that streak in him but even he looks a bit beaten at the moment.

Liverpool and Arsenal are the current challengers they're showing the important of sticking by a manager and backing him in the market. Arsenal's recent transfer record has been excellent and if you can go through a few summers where you get all the big decisions right you can make big jumps in this league.

It feels more and more a bad summer window can take you 2 or 3 years to recover from at the top if you sign the wrong players you are pretty much stuck with them. For everyone to catch up they need City to make some massive mistakes in the transfer market.

Looking to extend capacity at the Etihad to 60,000. I didn't think they sold out current capacity

It doesn't sell out every week but it's not far off.

They struggle to sell the mid week games even group games in europe as there isn't the members list that pick up tickets that go on general sale when the season ticket holders don't take them up.

Utd are having the same problems as well giving away a lot of tickets for europa and league cup games to schools.

You can't compare the clubs on ticket sales, City were still advertising tickets online half an hour before their 6-3 Derby win in October.

You can't compare the clubs on ticket sales, City were still advertising tickets online half an hour before their 6-3 Derby win in October.

Utd currently trying to flog returned tickets for the derby to members.

The tickets should be £28 but the club are selling them for over £500 by chucking in food and drink as part of a hospitality package.

You obviously can’t compare them to us but the gap is closing and it’s high time our owners put a stop to it by selling up to people with some ambition.

They’re making up new records for him to break every week at the moment.

We don’t need a load of pointless records to highlight how good he is.

Unless he suffers a massive injury and misses 10-12 games he’s going to destroy the current records for goals in a season.

They’re making up new records for him to break every week at the moment.

We don’t need a load of pointless records to highlight how good he is.

Unless he suffers a massive injury and misses 10-12 games he’s going to destroy the current records for goals in a season.

Wouldn't say the single season record is pointless. Which is the stat Sideshow posted.

This is surely going down as the greatest debut season the Prem has seen. Hitting 20 in the Prem is seen as a good season. He's gone it in 14 games. (13 starts)

He's averaging a goal every 57 minutes ffs. They're making up records because they're the sort of records we don't hear about he's breaking.

Let's see how he does in his second season before we all get giddy.

Think Ruud's first season was just as impressive however many Haaland ends up with this season.

And it won't mean much if Haaland sets a record that isn't beaten for the next century if City only finish 2nd or 3rd in the League.

Wouldn't say the single season record is pointless. Which is the stat Sideshow posted.

This is surely going down as the greatest debut season the Prem has seen. Hitting 20 in the Prem is seen as a good season. He's gone it in 14 games. (13 starts)

He's averaging a goal every 57 minutes ffs. They're making up records because they're the sort of records we don't hear about he's breaking.

Wasn’t a pop at Bob was more just a frustration at the meaningless records that get trotted up weekly for various players.

There is only 1 record for him that matters and that’s the goals in a season record and like I said unless he gets injured he’s going to obliterate it.

The one I saw was quicker player to 20 goals like that’s a real record and one that anyone even knew the current holder of before Haaland. They aren’t records they’re just random combinations of numbers.

Next up Haaland breaks the fastest player to 21 goals record.

Let's see how he does in his second season before we all get giddy.

Think Ruud's first season was just as impressive however many Haaland ends up with this season.

And it won't mean much if Haaland sets a record that isn't beaten for the next century if City only finish 2nd or 3rd in the League.

Quality post again JC, it's becoming the norm these days ....keep it up and you'll be a Moderator before you know it ;)

More dropped home points against Everton.

Haaland is obviously scoring a bucket load but this City team definitely look a level below previous seasons.

Arsenal could be 7pts ahead if they beat Brighton this evening.

Bit like Saturday they’ve just imploded and let in two quick goals.

City look miles off their best

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back