Man City Discussion 2022/23

To be a rotational player?

If he wants to sneak into the Spanish World Cup squad he stays where he is, or goes somewhere he's a guaranteed starter.

Plenty of game time at City I reckon as Cancelo can play on both sides so they'll rest Walker in a lot of games to keep him fresh.

Think in the real world 10 good games for City especially if you play champions league is worth 40 good games for Brighton next season. Playing as a proper left back rather than a wing back might help him with Luis Enrique too as he doesn't play wing backs in the national team.

Certainly got a chance either way of making that squad.

Plenty of game time at City I reckon as Cancelo can play on both sides so they'll rest Walker in a lot of games to keep him fresh.

Think in the real world 10 good games for City especially if you play champions league is worth 40 good games for Brighton next season. Playing as a proper left back rather than a wing back might help him with Luis Enrique too as he doesn't play wing backs in the national team.

Certainly got a chance either way of making that squad.

There's a lot of politics in Spanish football, and the fact he represented Catalonia/Catalunya might go against him.

They lost to Liverpool because of Grealish.
Guardiola must have the ball to put Foden instead to win something.
If he keep this overrated guy, Liverpool will get the title easily.

They lost to Liverpool because of Grealish.
Guardiola must have the ball to put Foden instead to win something.
If he keep this overrated guy, Liverpool will get the title easily.

Nonsense as usual.

Liverpool don't walk the title. Not even close to it and Gaurdiola knows a hell of a lot more about football than you. Maybe you just can't grasp what you don't understand in his game.

Nonsense as usual.

Liverpool don't walk the title. Not even close to it and Gaurdiola knows a hell of a lot more about football than you. Maybe you just can't grasp what you don't understand in his game.
Atleast i understand that Sterling and Foden are a lot better than your Guy.

Grealish, Foden, doesn't really matter both great players, but even so, I think Pep knows his job pretty well

1st
1st
2nd
1st
1st
3rd
1st
1st
1st
2nd
1st
1st
1st

Well Foden missed all the pre season games because he's not vaccinated so couldn't go on the pre season tour so is it really a surprise he didn't start the game?

Also, it's a friendly City lost it last year and it didn't stop them dominating the league from start to finish.

Sounds like the Cucurella deal is off.

Brighton want £50m which is what they got for Ben White last summer but City aren't willing to go higher than the £35m they sold Zinchenko for.

In other shocking news I feel they should face a points deduction for allowing their left back to take the number 7 shirt this season it's nonsense like this that needs to be stamped out of modern football.

Sounds like the Cucurella deal is off.

Brighton want £50m which is what they got for Ben White last summer but City aren't willing to go higher than the £35m they sold Zinchenko for.

In other shocking news I feel they should face a points deduction for allowing their left back to take the number 7 shirt this season it's nonsense like this that needs to be stamped out of modern football.

He'll probably sign on deadline day for something random like £41.8m.

He'll probably sign on deadline day for something random like £41.8m.

I dunno can't see Brighton chopping 20% off the asking price if City want him they'll have to come up close to Brighton's valuation he's got 4 years on his contract and he's a starting player for Brighton who don't need to sell.

If you look at what City paid for Walker/Mendy back in 2017 or what Chelsea paid for Chilwell or what we paid for AWB then the valuation isn't that crazy. If you want to buy other players from premier league clubs it's going to cost you.

It may be that City look around and can't find a cheaper solution and come back but if they do they'll end up paying close to what Brighton want.

Selling clubs set the prices not the buying club.

I dunno can't see Brighton chopping 20% off the asking price if City want him they'll have to come up close to Brighton's valuation he's got 4 years on his contract and he's a starting player for Brighton who don't need to sell.

If you look at what City paid for Walker/Mendy back in 2017 or what Chelsea paid for Chilwell or what we paid for AWB then the valuation isn't that crazy. If you want to buy other players from premier league clubs it's going to cost you.

It may be that City look around and can't find a cheaper solution and come back but if they do they'll end up paying close to what Brighton want.

Selling clubs set the prices not the buying club.

I'll see you back here on deadline day, God willing.

Whatever the fee I think City will throw McAtee on loan for the season in as a sweetener.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From what I read about him when we were linked last season is he makes a lot of costly errors.

I wonder if Ake is off seems strange that they'd go with 5 CB's.

Couldn't be bothered to look this up, but the amount they've spent on defenders must dwarf the GDP of some countries. Every summer, Pep gets a new CB and or FB, and we still play Phil Jones.

Haaland is on 9 in 5 with 45 mins still to play. Back to back hatricks.

Scary thing is Haaland gets a 6 week rest mid season.

Imagine how much of a nightmare he's going to be later in the season.

At current pace he'll see off Shearer's record in 5 seasons :eek:

Scary thing is Haaland gets a 6 week rest mid season.

Imagine how much of a nightmare he's going to be later in the season.

At current pace he'll see off Shearer's record in 5 seasons :eek:

I mean it's impossible to keep up this rate but it would actually be midway through his 4th season haha

He won't break Shearer's record as he'll be off to Real Madrid in 3 years ;)

Crazy isn't it apparently the buyout clauses kick in from 2024.

So best case we've got two years of him banging in 50 a season.

Surely teams are just going to start booting him not sure if it'll work

If he carries on like this, Madrid will activate that clause.

You can't boot him, he is massive.

It's fantastic to see a player like that, but kills the prem as a competition.

Taking in to account him being subbed off. Haaland is currently averaging better than a goal every 45 minutes.

roy-keane.gif

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He could get a hat-trick every week to be honest. De Bruyne will always create a few opportunities a match for him and he will most likely take them. He’s an absolute scoring machine.

Can only hope he spends a few years at City and then decides to head to Madrid.

I just don't see how you really stop him he's going to smash so many records as long as he stays fit.

I don't see him doing more than 3 years at City, he'll be off to Spain. The rumours are he's got a release clause in his City contract that kicks in after 2 seasons just like Dortmund.

City will get 3 times what they paid for him but if he carries on like this his next club would still be getting a bargain.

Can't really think of a striker like him he's like a modern version of Van Nistelrooy not really in games for long periods but the moment there's a sniff of a goal he's scored.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back