Man City Discussion 2022/23

Is there a more pointless existence to anything on this earth than Tottenham Bleedin Hotspur? They take up space, consume valuable resources and are always mentioned as a big club with a chance of winning things because it's politically correct, yet they never win anything, capitulate at the first time of asking and are a colossally useless pathetic pile of irrelevancy.

Is there a more pointless existence to anything on this earth than Tottenham Bleedin Hotspur? They take up space, consume valuable resources and are always mentioned as a big club with a chance of winning things because it's politically correct, yet they never win anything, capitulate at the first time of asking and are a colossally useless pathetic pile of irrelevancy.
Spurs gonna Spurs.

They clearly took being booed off at half time by their fans personally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Didn't see that one coming.

Hasn't looked the same player this season.

Rumours seem to be he's fallen out with Pep and isn't happy with his playing time.

Deal includes an option to buy for 70m euros which would be a great deal for City, can't see Bayern paying that.

Guessing they plan to use him as a right back rather than a left back.

City tend to act quickly once players decide they want to go.

If teams come and meet their price they let them go.

Fourth loss in the league. City are obviously still a good team but something isn’t quite right, something isn’t clicking. A defence of Walker, Ake, Akanji, Lewis is underwhelming for a title challenging team.

Tinkerman.

Why Guardiola feels the need to make so many changes is baffling.

De Bruyne on the bench? Sub him for one of your most effective threats in Mahrez? Baffling.

I'm not sure they'll go on to win a third title in a row, but if they do, they're making unnecessary hard work of it.

They are miles off their best especially since the World Cup break.

From the outside looking in it looks like a squad that is totally burnt out.

Teams seem to be able to shut them out a lot easier than they could in previous seasons.

They really aren't playing to Haaland's strengths. Carragher even suggested he might be at the wrong club. I don't think Pep will adjust the playing style to accommodate Erling so the player will have to adapt to the team.

Starting the game with KdB on the bench was very strange indeed.

It’s strange because they’ve got the golden boot winner (Haaland 25, Kane 17) and have scored more than anybody else (City 53, Arsenal 45) and yet don’t look like scoring lately.

It’s not like they’re shipping tons either as they’re the third stingiest defence (Newcastle 12 conceded, Arsenal 17, City/Chelsea 21).

I think there’s something to this high profile striker thing we saw with Ronaldo. One main man getting loads of goals seems to be to the detriment of the team when he doesn’t score.

After we beat them, I remember the Sky team showed a number of examples of Haaland being on the shoulder of our CBs and if the right ball had been played, he'd be one on one.

City aren't playing to his strengths. Tell De Bruyne, Rodri, Mahrez, et al, to look for that pass from deep and job's done.

Can Guardiola swallow playing such direct, simple football?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nothing will happen, a fine at most.

For one, the FA won't have the money to up against City lawyers, and what can they do, they can't take the titles away from them.

It’s strange because they’ve got the golden boot winner (Haaland 25, Kane 17) and have scored more than anybody else (City 53, Arsenal 45) and yet don’t look like scoring lately.

It’s not like they’re shipping tons either as they’re the third stingiest defence (Newcastle 12 conceded, Arsenal 17, City/Chelsea 21).

I think there’s something to this high profile striker thing we saw with Ronaldo. One main man getting loads of goals seems to be to the detriment of the team when he doesn’t score.
I always said this about our RVN era. He was great but I didn't really like how we were playing as a team at the time. It was all so much about him whereas prior to that we had been used to seeing several players chipping in with decent goal tallies.

Be interesting to see what happens.

From memory they got away with it in the UEFA case because the UEFA rules had time bars meaning if you weren't caught within the time limit you couldn't be charged. The premier league rules don't have that.

I think it'll be a big fine, possibly a points deduction and maybe a transfer embargo or a combination of all 3. They're aren't going to go back in time and strip them of titles as it doesn't look good for the league as a whole.

I think all 19 of the other clubs will want to see City heavily punished for what they did.

Same, prem not got the money to battle Qatar. It will be a fine. Maybe a points deduction in a season it looks like they won't win the league.

Saudi have the money and they might want to stick one on the UAE who own City.

I'm sure the American owners will want to see City's wings clipped.

My guess is they'll try to negotiate a settlement rather than drag it out in courts as this one will eventually end up with CAS.

If they are found guilty of all of the 100 charges (reportedly) then they must be punished very heavily. The fact these breaches have been done over a sustained and consistent timeline, then for me the only suitable punishment is a very heavy points deduction or relegation. They won’t be able to fall back on the time bar like the UEFA case.

There has to be a strong deterrent to any clubs wanting to fiddle the system. If they get a lousy fine then what’s the point of following the rules? The fine would be just a drop in the ocean to them.

I think this will be done and dusted quickly with the independent commission - obviously not in a week but the PL aren’t going to want to drag this on.

In summary the charges are

They have inflated sponsorship deals from sponsors who are linked to their owners. Etihad who are the clubs main sponsor are owned by the same people that own City therefore the premier league feel that Etihad are paying more than a reasonable figure to be the clubs sponsor.
They were paying Mancini through the club and also through another company which meant they under reported their operating costs.
They were also paying players using the above method.

Essentially they were able to artificially boost the revenue while at the same time not declaring their true costs which kept them within the rules.

All the evidence that supports the charges comes after a data hack which uncovered emails between City execs at the time.

There's only one thing happening when they get found "guilty as charged". They will get pumped out the Premier League and into League Two. it will take them 3 seasons to get back up by which time their owners will be sufficiently pissed off and bored and will do just that. Piss off and leave them to it.

Thought I would mosy on over to Bluemoon to see what those deluded souls thought of todays news. As expected, they are oblivious to their own clubs despicable behaviour. Comments like our hot shot lawyers will bring down the Premier League were a particular highlight.

They are not wriggling out of this, not a chance, which is a shame as i've just starting to enjoy their pre-match light show....

I think I read that whatever the PL decide is final, and there is no appeal to the CAS unlike the UEFA charges. Also, unlike the UEFA there are no time bars which City can hide behind/brown envelope their way out of.

Like everyone else, I'm skeptical and will believe it when I see it, but I don't see how the PL can bring these charges without any meaningful consequences. If they do, it's open season for Newcastle, Chelsea, whomever buys Liverpool/United to openly flaunt the rules and do likewise, and for City to ramp up the cheating to unseen levels, and football is truly dead.

I don't think they'll get relegated, even though they probably should given the levels of cheating that's gone on, but I think a points deduction putting them outside the top 4 could happen. Fines are irrelevant.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back