Luke Shaw | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

I hope this Malacia kid has something about him because Shaw continues to annoy me with his performances! Another nothing lazy performance today.

Shaw overall just isn't very good. He's had one maybe 2 really good years, a really bad year and a lot of mediocrity at best.

I thought he was alright today but on the second goal he shouldn’t be letting the player come inside that easily to shoot you have to force him outside.

Premier League: Everton 1-2 Manchester United - 9th October 2022

He was excellent and arguably the man of the match. Work rate and intensity was far better.

I think he was man of the match.

The kick up the arse and being dropped might have worked.

He looks quicker and sharper which is when he’s at his best.

Think Malacia getting in ahead of him has given him a kick up the backside. If he keeps up this form then no doubt he will be England’s left back at the WC.

Played very well, showing really good recovery pace when tracking back. He now knows he has to keep up this level of performance to retain his place in the team.

Best game in a United shirt for 5 years, just a shame it takes a serious threat to his place in the team to get him to that level.

Think Malacia getting in ahead of him has given him a kick up the backside. If he keeps up this form then no doubt he will be England’s left back at the WC.
Being picked for the recent England game helped. Boosts his self belief and match sharpness. Nice one.

Seems to look like a world beater the summer after we sign a left back! He just needs to continually do this year in year out.

When he’s on form then he basically has everything you want in a left back.

To be fair, Forest hardly required him to do much actual CB work, but he has been generally outstanding for a while now.

Looking back to his best but he needs to cut out these long spells where he goes to absolute crap for months.

He shouldn’t need signings to give him a kick up the backside.

Another top performance at centre back. For me, he’s second choice at left centre back. The drop off at left back is my only concern. I like Malacia, but he is young and learning.

Impressive at LCB again, but nobody really tested him, when he does what he's expected to do he's fine, but when his direct opponent mixes it up a bit, as you'd expect them to, he's like a little boy lost playing there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another brilliant performance by Shaw with a goal and a great pass in the lead up to Rashford’s goal. There isn’t many better left backs when he’s on song.

He was class. Class goal and class pass for Rashford’s goal. He’s a playmaker playing at left back. He’s in fantastic form.

Another brilliant performance by Shaw with a goal and a great pass in the lead up to Rashford’s goal. There isn’t many better left backs when he’s on song.

He was class. Class goal and class pass for Rashford’s goal. He’s a playmaker playing at left back. He’s in fantastic form.

Guess you choose to ignore the last 30 minutes then when his defending was frankly shocking, he refuses time and time again to get out to the ball to stop crosses, and the rare time he gets his lard-arse out there(his friggin job) he gets beat far too easy.

Great going forward though.

Still too many "where the feck is Shaw going now" moments, but all in all had another good game.

Might have been different if Haaland had played!

Huh, I said he had another good game, now if I said he was crap ....
Well you did say something negative as well, and there was nothing negative about his performance. I know you like to perform to the forum but you need some back up to your comments.

Shawberto F+*^ing Carlos, ladies and/or gentlemen. Not sure how you can nitpick his performances of late. He’s been immense, and was again on Saturday.

Well you did say something negative as well, and there was nothing negative about his performance. I know you like to perform to the forum but you need some back up to your comments.

Oh diddums did I say something negative as well, maybe if you had a some fecking clue what you were actually watching I wouldn't feel the need to point out the friggin obvious.

Zzzzzzz

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back