Luke Shaw | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

I now consider Shaw to be a real credit to the club. A real good professional and I think we are now in line to get 3-4 really good seasons out of him before the decline starts

Great cross apart thought he was poor, though strangely he looked more comfortable at CB than LB but his passing was poor in both positions.

If we're giving medals out for poor passing, then shout out to Maguire.

Think he's doing alright covering at centre back.

He is better at CB with a better CB along side him, which is understandable when you are playing out of position.

Apart from a couple of positional brain farts he did well again. Will become a useful squad player if he takes a hit on his wages.

Apart from a couple of positional brain farts he did well again. Will become a useful squad player if he takes a hit on his wages.
Right off to the player performance threads, no doubt the same fall-guys will be getting hammered, and the under-performers will be getting praised to the hilt. Same as it ever was. Zzzzzzz

Worst game in a Utd shirt yesterday?

Was a horrible day at the office for him especially second half they ran rings around him.

His dithering with clearances also led to the second goal.

Worst game in a Utd shirt yesterday?

Was a horrible day at the office for him especially second half they ran rings around him.

His dithering with clearances also led to the second goal.
Has to be pretty close to being his worst. Just an awful day the office and one that we hope he can bounce back from. Saying this though he did actually look his usual self in the first half but he, along with many others, just absolutely lost their heads in the second half. It’s like they forgot how to play the basics of football.

I think he looked knackered second half and when the attacking part of the team just gave up he was having to deal with waves of Liverpool players coming through which probably made him look more foolish.

Just a terrible day where everything that could go wrong probably did for him.

He actually had a fantastic first half and was probably our best player on the pitch.

Not sure what happened to all of em at half time.

Overall I have a bit of sympathy for our defence as the players in front of them just seem to playing in mud - no real energy or tenacity. Obviously you cannot excuse the mistakes but when Liverpool get up a head of steam you need all 11 players to be on it and sadly we weren’t.

He actually had a fantastic first half and was probably our best player on the pitch.

Not sure what happened to all of em at half time.
Correct! He was having a great offensive game in the first half. At half time he was my man of the match. Shame it was overshadowed by the second half performance.

Excellent but we miss him at left back.

Dalot not being able to turn out and go wide is a huge problem when he plays on the left.

If Casemiro hadn't controlled our midfield while Rashford did all the scoring for months, Shaw would be our player of the season.

If Casemiro hadn't controlled our midfield while Rashford did all the scoring for months, Shaw would be our player of the season.
Shaw for me would be over Casemiro for player of the season in any case. But I guess Rashford has to take the honour.

Think you’ve got 3 genuine contenders for that award that award this season.

Rashford
Martinez
Shaw

For me they’re in that order. In a team starved of goals Rashford has carried us this season.

Casemiro missed to many games through suspension 8 games is a quarter of a season.

Hard to believe he is still only 27. He burst onto the scene at such a young age but I think in the last season or two he has really emerged as a top quality and consistent defender. Whether it’s at centre back or left back, he is quality. If we didn’t have Martinez I would 100% advocate him being a permanent fixture at centre back but on the flip side of that, we do miss his play from left back when he’s not there.

So basically what I’m saying is he is a class act.

Hard to believe he is still only 27. He burst onto the scene at such a young age but I think in the last season or two he has really emerged as a top quality and consistent defender. Whether it’s at centre back or left back, he is quality. If we didn’t have Martinez I would 100% advocate him being a permanent fixture at centre back but on the flip side of that, we do miss his play from left back when he’s not there.

So basically what I’m saying is he is a class act.

Nonsense, the lad can't defend to save his life, he's a liability.

Nonsense, the lad can't defend to save his life, he's a liability.
Not sure what games you are watching but can’t be ours! I understand you dislike him but this is further from the truth. I think he’s a brilliant defender at left back and now he’s showing the same at centre back.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back