Luke Shaw | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

SuperRash

Match discussion thread for the best left back in the land.

Another solid performance yesterday - which is just a given these days. He has come on such leap and bounds.

jsp

2019/20 Luke Shaw is back.

He’s been stinking it up game after game.

Justin Cider

Apart from the cross for the winner, which was quality, can't deny that, he was piss poor again yesterday, think the undeserved acclaim is getting to him. Needs to buck his ideas up.

jsp

Not sure if he's playing injured but looks a bit short of his usual top speed and has lost that laser focus he seemed to develop last season.

Last night was not his worst game but we aren't seeing anywhere near his best stuff so far this season.

Justin Cider

The lad has got Mourinho's old comments rattling around in his head again, either that or he's been found out again, whichever it is he's gone to pieces, maybe time to take him out of the side and give Alex Telles a run of games whilst he gets his head sorted. It may take some time.

Macariman

The lad has got Mourinho's old comments rattling around in his head again, either that or he's been found out again, whichever it is he's gone to pieces, maybe time to take him out of the side and give Alex Telles a run of games whilst he gets his head sorted. It may take some time.
Or maybe it's just well past your bedtime again
Been taking your meds?

jsp

Think he needs a break to be honest but we aren’t going to put Telles in.

Same with Maguire not sure if it’s a Euros hangover or something but neither have ever performed this badly for so long in a Utd shirt.

Let’s hope a full weeks rest might do them some good.

Cosmic Slop

Shaw looks like he's trying to play through an injury. The way he moves, he's really stiff, looks like some form of back injury/muscle pull. He looks like he's lost a lot of flexibility, just looks rigid, and he's lost a yard of pace. Still, I'd play him over Telles.

Justin Cider

Keep torturing myself and watching the Liverpool goals again and you could say Shaw was at fault, or partially at fault for all of them.

And I don't think he's carrying an injury, he doesn't seem the type who would play if he had one, not saying he's a Louis Saha mind, but he just needs to buck his ideas up and sharpish, or he'll be losing his starting place for United and England that's he's worked so hard to get.

Having Rashford back should help because he seems to struggle, and it seems to be a strange thing to say about a guy that's nearly played a decade at the top level, when he receives the ball and looks up and it's not obvious what he should do next.

jsp

Played at the euros with damaged ribs.

I think the old Shaw was certainly one who in the past wouldn't want to risk any sort of injury but seems to have grown out of that now.

Not sure what it is with him he just looks burned out to me needs a break but just don't really see one coming for him as he's not going to put Telles in for the next 3 games is he and give Shaw a chance to get his body/head back where it needs to be.

RVN

Whole defence with De Gea are poor, and do not communicate with each other which is fundamental to a well functioning defence.

Justin Cider

Agree with that, but sometimes you hope on an individual level common sense kicks in, Mr Bean blindfolded would have done a better job than Shaw for the 2nd goal which effectively killed the game as a contest. Put your bloody boot through it if you're not sure.

boothstownred

Agree with that, but sometimes you hope on an individual level common sense kicks in, Mr Bean blindfolded would have done a better job than Shaw for the 2nd goal which effectively killed the game as a contest. Put your bloody boot through it if you're not sure.
It was then compounded by De Gea cushion it delicately into the goal with his chest. I have no doubt in my mind that despite Oles coaching inabilities he has also been badly let down by some of his players too.

Justin Cider

It was then compounded by De Gea cushion it delicately into the goal with his chest. I have no doubt in my mind that despite Oles coaching inabilities he has also been badly let down by some of his players too.

It was a great finish by De Gea, RvN or Gerd Muller would have been proud of that.

jsp

Can’t play in front of crowds.

Had this theory about players who suddenly looked a million dollars during lockdown all the lads who look great in training suddenly looking the part on match day.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now