Loan Watch 2022/23: Dean Henderson at Nottingham Forest

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Big season for Henderson been a tough 12 months for him missed out on the euros with injury then missed pre season with Covid which saw De Gea route himself in the side as the number 1. Short domestic cup runs meant he never got a sniff of challenging for that number 1 spot.

Reports are there's no option or obligation to buy for Forest it's just a loan deal I don't think De Gea's long term future at Utd is that secure if he shows the right stuff at Forest he could get that shot at being the Utd number 1 he's wanted but he needs this move to work out as he can't carry on being a number 2.

A good run of games for Forest and there's an outside chance of going to the world cup as well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is some bad talk.
Look like he doesn't want to come back

He forgot to mention the part where he didn't take his chance to establish himself as first choice keeper after a few iffy performances when given an opportunity in the first team.

Feels like he is burning bridges, so I expect him to be sold after this loan.

He's not coming back. These comments are a little silly really because it is only a loan. He should have kept quiet but there you go. I get his frustrations and appreciate where he's coming from but that was bad advice.

Our players don’t half like to throw their toys out of the pram - here is another one that can jog on.

I can kind of see where he is coming from toif he was promised the number one but things change. He unfortunately got Covid and De Gea performed very well. That can happen in football or any sport for that matter.

You just have to deal with it. Also like RVN said, he had numerous iffy performances when he was given a chance.

Definitely burnt his bridges now but no great loss to the team when he is eventually sold.

He was a bit unlucky last season I think he would have started the season as number 1 but he got Covid so De Gea started and he didn't put a foot wrong. Early cup exits didn't help him either.

There was certainly a lot of speculation that he was the dressing room leak last season which wasn't good.

The loan is good for everyone I think he gets to play if he plays well his transfer value should increase and we can hopefully get 25-30m in for him next summer.

He's an idiot, don't go bad mouthing your club when you clearly weren't good enough.

He got ill, De Gea was undroppable.

And he's crap.

If you chose to believe what he said it kind of goes along with what other players said as well about assurances over playing time being made to keep them at the club by the previous management which they then didn't deliver on.

This caused a cancer in that dressing room that spread and resulted in that toxic mess we saw last season.

Footballers want to play matches and if the boss or whoever is telling you that you'll get chances then doesn't give them to you then you will be annoyed.

I can 100% see why he'd be annoyed but I don't see what he gains by going public with all of it he's still under contract at the club if he flops at Forest he'll be back next season expecting us to pay his wages.

Don't understand any of that, I really don't, the kid is United daft, been born so close to Windscale/Sellafield hasn't helped mind.

Could be bad news for him.

Forest have signed Kaylor Navas on loan from PSG for the rest of the season, I doubt he's coming to be the number 2 keeper and with Henderson currently out injured for a few weeks there's a chance when he's back to fitness he'll be number 2.

Could be bad news for him.

Forest have signed Kaylor Navas on loan from PSG for the rest of the season, I doubt he's coming to be the number 2 keeper and with Henderson currently out injured for a few weeks there's a chance when he's back to fitness he'll be number 2.
Oh the irony in having to play second fiddle again.

Oh the irony in having to play second fiddle again.

Kind of bad news for us as we're trying to sell him and him being out on loan playing well was our best chance of getting a decent fee for him.

If he now spends 6 months on the bench for Forest his value plummets.

Kind of bad news for us as we're trying to sell him and him being out on loan playing well was our best chance of getting a decent fee for him.

If he now spends 6 months on the bench for Forest his value plummets.
It was a reference to his parting shot, but I do take your point.

It was a reference to his parting shot, but I do take your point.

Oh yeah I mean lol at him but I just want the guy gone for good.

Tired of unhappy players lingering around the club, the best things that's happened under the new boss is we've had a proper clear out and there's still more that needs to go.

With Hennessey already there I don't think Forest would have brought Navas in if they didn't already know there was no chance Henderson would be there next season, I'll let you work out why.

You really have to feel for Henderson, don't you? Oh wait...the hell you do. At least he won't have to worry about ETH seeing him play now.

Navas is on loan isn't he? I'm guessing they got him because they can't afford to have Hennesey in goal for league games in a relegation battle because he is rubbish.

Henderson was never going to join them if they went down and he maybe was hoping being in the shop window playing well might attract others.

There's quite a few clubs that I think might be interested in Henderson. Spurs are probably the biggest but clubs like West Ham and Leicester I think will be looking to sign a keeper in the summer if they stay up.

Finding someone willing to match his £100k a week salary could be an issue.

Don't think he's finished at United yet, especially if the rumour that we looked at bringing him back when Dubravka was recalled by Newcastle.

Don't think he's finished at United yet, especially if the rumour that we looked at bringing him back when Dubravka was recalled by Newcastle.

Maybe, if De Gea rejects a new deal and leaves at the end of the season they might bring him back.

As I see it they are looking at him being a player they can cash in on.

He looks a decent mid table keeper rather than a league winning keeper.

Maybe, if De Gea rejects a new deal and leaves at the end of the season they might bring him back.

He looks a decent mid table keeper rather than a league winning keeper.

Yeah, can't disagree with that ;)

He sure as hell had better be finished at United. The fact that he's not good enough notwithstanding, you can't give that kind of interview blasting the club and be welcomed back. Especially if you're the backup keeper on massively inflated wages.

No return for him after what he said. And he's not better than Dave.

Great deal for everyone involved in my opinion.

Up until his injury he was having a good season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back