Loan Watch 2022/23: Amad at Sunderland

I pose a little question for you.
According to Wiki Amad made 3 appearances for us scoring 0 goals. Yet I thought I remembered him scoring for us. It was a funny kind of backward looping header.
If it wasn’t him who was it?

I pose a little question for you.
According to Wiki Amad made 3 appearances for us scoring 0 goals. Yet I thought I remembered him scoring for us. It was a funny kind of backward looping header.
If it wasn’t him who was it?
Definitely Amad against AC Milan. Think maybe Wiki only count domestic appearances in their tally.

Wiki picks up European games In the career stats section the summary bit at the top is league appearances only. In total he made 9 first team appearances with 1 goal

Scored a header Vs AC Milan.

Good to see him straight back to business yesterday.

Yep caught a bit of the game as I could see Amad was playing - he was excellent and a real threat. I won’t get carried away because it is in the Championship but he looks to be coming of age this season. I think he will definitely be back here next season.

The fact he’s doing it in the championship I think is important because it’s a very quick and very physical league. If his ability can shine through there then he’s got a great chance of stepping up.

I can see him being part of the first team squad next season.

He needs to be part of the first team next season. His loan performance needs to reap dividends and rewards. That's how it works.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He looks very confident on the ball, which probably reflects how well he is playing at the minute. Could be a very important player next season.

A mad freekick yesterday, thought you've made a mess of that son ....

Very excited to see what he can do next season if ETH integrates him into the squad. His loan spell has been brilliant and he has really grown as a player.

We are used to seeing players get bums off seats and he could be one to do that. Along with Garnacho he could be a real star for us.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back