Loan Watch 2021/22: Ethan Laird at Swansea City

He's got to be in contention to be the RB next year surely? United can't sign players at every position of need they have to use some of their younger players.

Tricky one I don’t think AWB or Dalot are good enough but can we sell both this summer buy a right back that fits the new bosses style and keep Laird as the backup?

If we are in Europa or conference league I certainly keep Laird around and use him in those group games to see what he can do.

Tricky one I don’t think AWB or Dalot are good enough but can we sell both this summer buy a right back that fits the new bosses style and keep Laird as the backup?

If we are in Europa or conference league I certainly keep Laird around and use him in those group games to see what he can do.
I mean they could potentially add a fairly cheap RB I guess? One who can hold the spot for a year or two until Laird shows if he can be the long term?

I mean they could potentially add a fairly cheap RB I guess? One who can hold the spot for a year or two until Laird shows if he can be the long term?

Tough one as what happens if Laird isn’t good enough you will have a guy on a 3-4 year deal not going anywhere and a kid who isn’t ready.

I think a really bold move is move AWB out keep Dalot and give Laird games see how it goes next season if it hasn’t worked them address it.

Tough one as what happens if Laird isn’t good enough you will have a guy on a 3-4 year deal not going anywhere and a kid who isn’t ready.

I think a really bold move is move AWB out keep Dalot and give Laird games see how it goes next season if it hasn’t worked them address it.
Dalot isn't good enough either though. But look it depends what Ten Hag wants from his full backs.

Wouldn't be the worst idea to sell him for £7/8m in the Summer(there will be plenty of takers at that price) with a buy-back clause at say £15m activatable for 2 years like Real Madrid have done with Regulon.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back