Loan Watch 2021/22: Brandon Williams at Norwich City

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw that he started but didn’t catch the highlights.

He will make mistakes he’s a young player and his manager has supported him after the game so hopefully he keeps getting chances.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reckon we should swap addresses for Xmas cards?
I cannot comprehend how someone can possibly think that Williams is anywhere near the ability required to play for MUFC?
Similar to D. James. There's no room in a top class squad for well below average players

Had a decent start to his career but always looked a little suspect and that long break for the lockdown killed his momentum but yeah this lad probably won’t be coming back the loan was very much putting him in the shop window to sell.

Lost his starting spot in the worst defence in the league.

Says a lot really I reckon this lad will fall way down the leagues once his Utd contract ends looks nowhere near a top level player and he’ll spend the next few years just being loaned out to whoever will take him.

Yeah I'm not sure he's got it. Looked good at first for United at LB but last couple of years he's just declined. Nowhere near good enough for United and may not even be a PL quality player.

Someone on Twitter compared him to Cameron Borthwick-Jackson who came in for a few games under LVG and looked promising but then almost disappeared feels like Williams is heading down the same road.

Think he needs to leave on a permanent move ASAP but his wages are reported to be around £50k a week so no one will match that.

Have heard he’s improved a bit recently seems to be first choice under dean smith but not really sure what he’s learning from this experience

He's getting invaluable Premier League minutes into his legs and lungs.

Can’t say I’ve seen Norwich play apart from when they have played us, however just reading some articles now saying he’s been earning rave reviews the last few weeks. Seems to be first choice under Dean Smith, whereas under Farke he wasn’t nailing down that left back spot.

He's stitched me up in FPL last 2 weeks I had him as a really cheap player and he's banged in two clean sheets plus bagged the bonus points this week all while sitting on my bench.

I caught some of the Watford game on Friday night and he played well looks like he might have got a bit taller and stronger but it's still strange seeing him play on the left on his weaker side. I do wonder if his career might benefit from trying to switch to a right back to allow him to go outside when attacking as really the attacking side of his game was his noticeable strength as an academy player. He only really went to the left as he came through the same year group as Laird who was a much better player so he couldn't get a game as a right back.

Not sure he'll do enough to get a proper chance at Utd I think Utd are probably looking to sell him on in the summer if they can but he's on good money and still has 2.5 years left on his current contract.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back