Loan Watch 2021/22: Anthony Martial at Sevilla

I agree, he lost a lot of pace after his injury. He has a way too high salary to be shifted easily. I think we should keep him and expect a full recovery of his pace next year. He will not be in the world cup so he can train more. I expect hard work to recover from Rashford too. They both are lost.

Could easily see him being back as the backup to Ronaldo next season but I don’t think we will see him get his pace back once a player loses that burst it doesn’t come back he will need to adapt his game to play without it.

Just don’t think he wants to be at the club anymore so I expect him to be loaned out again next season no point keeping players who aren’t happy at the club. I don’t see him wanting to be that second choice either so I expect him to push for a loan move which isn’t great for Utd as clubs that might take him won’t want to pay his full salary and a loan fee.

If Martial wants to go then he’s going to have to walk away from some money and leave it on the table.

Could easily see him being back as the backup to Ronaldo next season but I don’t think we will see him get his pace back once a player loses that burst it doesn’t come back he will need to adapt his game to play without it.

Just don’t think he wants to be at the club anymore so I expect him to be loaned out again next season no point keeping players who aren’t happy at the club. I don’t see him wanting to be that second choice either so I expect him to push for a loan move which isn’t great for Utd as clubs that might take him won’t want to pay his full salary and a loan fee.

If Martial wants to go then he’s going to have to walk away from some money and leave it on the table.
Again agree. If he ask for a Loan, we will have no replacement for Ronaldo with the situation with Greenwood and Cavani leaving. But in the same time, we can't sell him to get a replacement without him performing well for half a season atleast. Sadly i can't see him accepting a decent offer from second tier club and walking away from his high salary. At the moment i bet on Dortmund and Leipzig being remotely interesed with Haland and Nkunku leaving in the summer.

Again agree. If he ask for a Loan, we will have no replacement for Ronaldo with the situation with Greenwood and Cavani leaving. But in the same time, we can't sell him to get a replacement without him performing well for half a season atleast. Sadly i can't see him accepting a decent offer from second tier club and walking away from his high salary. At the moment i bet on Dortmund and Leipzig being remotely interesed with Haland and Nkunku leaving in the summer.

I don’t see what is in it for them? they tend to buy much younger, develop then sell and they won’t want to carry his salary even if he took a 50% cut that’s way more than players at those clubs tend to earn.

His best bet could be a move back to France maybe Lyon take the gamble on him like they did with Memphis hope that buy putting faith in him they can get some good service from him as they seem keen to move Dembele on.

Maybe Italy think they still have favourable tax regs for foreign workers meaning Italian clubs can pay good wages but not sure which clubs have any money over there right now. Inter‘s backers pulled out their funding so hard to see that route being open for him.

He is a very difficult player to move on so my guess is if Ten Hag doesn’t want him around it’ll be another loan move with Utd picking up some of the wages.

Which clubs are offering players £13m a year or £250k a week? I doubt the top earners at clubs like Dortmund, Leipzig, Sevilla, Villareal, Milan Etc earn anything like that and these clubs aren’t going to stump up £40-50m to buy him on top of that.

Of course it’s an opinion but it’s based on his performances over 7 seasons at Utd you just can’t rely on the guy and I feel like in the last two seasons physically he’s started to decline injuries are hitting more regularly and I think he’s lost a bit of that acceleration that made him dangerous. I think there was enough evidence before he got that deal to say he’s only ever going to be a good player not a great one don’t offer him world class wages.

They wouldn't have to, if he was desperate enough to leave he would've excepted wages similar to what he was on at United at the time.

He might have lost some pace, never really noticed but he never relied on that anyway, it was his quick feet that gave him any advantage, and there wouldn't be any drop-off of that till he's in his 50's

I don’t see what is in it for them? they tend to buy much younger, develop then sell and they won’t want to carry his salary even if he took a 50% cut that’s way more than players at those clubs tend to earn.

His best bet could be a move back to France maybe Lyon take the gamble on him like they did with Memphis hope that buy putting faith in him they can get some good service from him as they seem keen to move Dembele on.

Maybe Italy think they still have favourable tax regs for foreign workers meaning Italian clubs can pay good wages but not sure which clubs have any money over there right now. Inter‘s backers pulled out their funding so hard to see that route being open for him.

He is a very difficult player to move on so my guess is if Ten Hag doesn’t want him around it’ll be another loan move with Utd picking up some of the wages.
Good call, but if i remember correctly Menphis agree for a lower salary at Lyon than with us, but not to the extend needed from Martial. I believe Martial will need to accept to lose half of his salary to attract some club. That will be huge for him, but it's the only way out for him, except another loan, that doesn't suit us at all.

Good call, but if i remember correctly Menphis agree for a lower salary at Lyon than with us, but not to the extend needed from Martial. I believe Martial will need to accept to lose half of his salary to attract some club. That will be huge for him, but it's the only way out for him, except another loan, that doesn't suit us at all.

think he took a small reduction but Utd didn’t have him on mega wages maybe talking dropping from £100k to £80k which over the length of the deal at Lyon he makes back anyway but for Martial the guy is going to need drop from £250k a week to around £100k to make a market.

A loan eats another year into the deal Utd don’t need a huge fee anyway as his transfer is paid off from an accounting point of view anything they get now is basically profit.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back