Loan Watch 2021/22: Anthony Martial at Sevilla

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good luck to him - hope he can regain some form and confidence.

His race is probably run here but a good spell here can mean we get a good fee for him when we move him on in the summer.
His race is probably run here but a good spell here can mean we get a good fee for him when we move him on in the summer.

Sevilla are also bang in the title race - will make a nice change for him I’m sure!

The players obvioulsy like him judging by their reaction to him after Rashfords goal

It is time for him to move on, I don't dislike him, I have no real feeling either way about him.

I guess the word to describe Martial is frustrating. So much talent in there but he seems to have that on and off switch, when he’s on he is brilliant but more times than not he’s off the boil.

Hopefully this loan move can get him back in the groove.

Good luck to him. I think he's going to be one of those players who can shine for a average to good team but not at a top team. A team who make him the focal point I think can get the most out of him.

I think it's a great move for him chance to work under a good coach as well and Sevilla are playing for something as well and he gets to live in a fantastic city.

I hope it goes well for him the last 18 months have been a disaster for him injury followed by a prolonged spell of bad form meant he's become a background figure at Utd he needs the move.

He needs to perform if he wants any club to pay his current wages next season as Utd really should be hoping this is a shop window for him to go on loan.

This does feel like the sort of level he could thrive at there's a very talented player in there reminds me a little of Lacazette at Arsenal he's clearly not an elite level striker who belongs at the very top clubs but he could be a top striker for those teams who are Europa League competitors like Sevilla.

We shouldn't make the same mistake we did with Lingard though if he goes to Sevilla and scores a load of goals we have to sell him

First goal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Has missed the last few matches apparently they’ve already told us they won’t be signing him on a permanent deal.

Given that Cavani and Ronaldo will likely be off in the summer can see him being our backup striker next season.

Has missed the last few matches apparently they’ve already told us they won’t be signing him on a permanent deal.

Given that Cavani and Ronaldo will likely be off in the summer can see him being our backup striker next season.

They can't afford him even if they wanted to, and United would have already know that when they agreed the deal, but he might be offered in part-exchange for Jules Koundé or one or two others that have at times been of interest to United. We've been strongly linked to Youssef En-Nesyri(24) in the past but he hasn't played much this season, don't know if that's down to injury or he's just out of favour. And Diego Carlos(CB), mind he's 29 a week today and probably too hot-headed for the Premier League as Newcastle United will probably find out in as expected he moves there.

They can't afford him even if they wanted to, and United would have already know that when they agreed the deal, but he might be offered in part-exchange for Jules Koundé or one or two others that have at times been of interest to United. We've been strongly linked to Youssef En-Nesyri(24) in the past but he hasn't played much this season, don't know if that's down to injury or he's just out of favour. And Diego Carlos(CB), mind he's 29 a week today and probably too hot-headed for the Premier League as Newcastle United will probably find out in as expected he moves there.

I always felt even if he did well they'd try to negotiate a low fee to get him because of the wages at the end of this season there's still 2 years left on his current deal and he won't want to be taking a big pay cut to leave. If he's on £10m a year always felt that Sevilla might be able to offer him a 4 year deal on say £7.5m which is a pay cut per year but overall he still gets his money there's no way another club is taking that contract on.

If they got in the CL next season which is looking likely they'll be able to spend but he doesn't fit the model even if they signed him for £25m it'll be very hard for them to get a return on that further down the road with him.

I just think the lads finished he's lost a bit of that speed and accelleration that made him so dangerous and without that he's not good enough in the box to just be a penalty box player and score goals.

How Utd put him on those wages after what he'd delivered at the club is beyond a joke just shows how easy life has been for agents to pick the pockets of our club. He's on the sort of money that Salah/Mane/Sterling/Mahrez have been earning at Liverpool/City over the last few years.

I always felt even if he did well they'd try to negotiate a low fee to get him because of the wages at the end of this season there's still 2 years left on his current deal and he won't want to be taking a big pay cut to leave. If he's on £10m a year always felt that Sevilla might be able to offer him a 4 year deal on say £7.5m which is a pay cut per year but overall he still gets his money there's no way another club is taking that contract on.

If they got in the CL next season which is looking likely they'll be able to spend but he doesn't fit the model even if they signed him for £25m it'll be very hard for them to get a return on that further down the road with him.

I just think the lads finished he's lost a bit of that speed and accelleration that made him so dangerous and without that he's not good enough in the box to just be a penalty box player and score goals.

How Utd put him on those wages after what he'd delivered at the club is beyond a joke just shows how easy life has been for agents to pick the pockets of our club. He's on the sort of money that Salah/Mane/Sterling/Mahrez have been earning at Liverpool/City over the last few years.

Strange then that France who are overendowed with quality strikers gave him more starts this season when he was available for selection than they did at any time since he's been at the club, and Sevilla one of the most successful clubs in Spain wanted him, albeit on loan.

You could argue there are some at the club on wages they don't deserve but Martial isn't one of them, he got his new contract on the back of his best ever season at United where he scored 23 goals in 48 appearances, so 1 in 2 and mostly playing wide on the left - what was the club to do - offer him £100,000 a week and hope he excepted - and can you imagine the uproar if he turned it down and he went off and was equally successful elsewhere - once United offered Wayne what he wanted because he was fluttering his eyelashes at City and Chelsea, right through to the obscene wages Sanchez was given that's the sort of wages a striker is going to expect at United or they won't come - what the lads you mentioned at Liverpool/City are on doesn't come into it - and until we can bring a couple of kids through the system to lead the line who are not gonna screw every penny out of the club the problem is going to continue, obviously the club had hopes Mason was going to be one of them, but that ain't happening now.

And you can't blame the club if Martial is now unmotivated sat on his new contract, or his confidence is low. It's a mess but until you offer the new contract you don't know which way the player is going to go, sit on the new contract, or be motivated to want to get another better one 18 months/2 years down the line - but that goes for all players at all clubs, that's the chance you take, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Strange then that France who are overendowed with quality strikers gave him more starts this season when he was available for selection than they did at any time since he's been at the club, and Sevilla one of the most successful clubs in Spain wanted him, albeit on loan.

You could argue there are some at the club on wages they don't deserve but Martial isn't one of them, he got his new contract on the back of his best ever season at United where he scored 23 goals in 48 appearances, so 1 in 2 and mostly playing wide on the left - what was the club to do - offer him £100,000 a week and hope he excepted - and can you imagine the uproar if he turned it down and he went off and was equally successful elsewhere - once United offered Wayne what he wanted because he was fluttering his eyelashes at City and Chelsea, right through to the obscene wages Sanchez was given that's the sort of wages a striker is going to expect at United or they won't come - what the lads you mentioned at Liverpool/City are on doesn't come into it - and until we can bring a couple of kids through the system to lead the line who are not gonna screw every penny out of the club the problem is going to continue, obviously the club had hopes Mason was going to be one of them, but that ain't happening now.

And you can't blame the club if Martial is now unmotivated sat on his new contract, or his confidence is low. It's a mess but until you offer the new contract you don't know which way the player is going to go, sit on the new contract, or be motivated to want to get another better one 18 months/2 years down the line - but that goes for all players at all clubs, that's the chance you take, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Who are all these French strikers? They flogged Giroud to the end, got Benzema out of the wilderness and after that it’s Lacazette or Martial. Did Martial go to the euros? 30 caps 2 goal. Mbappe is the one they go with and they’ve been trying to find a partner for him it was Giroud now it’s Benzema.

So we give a guy a huge pay rise because he had 2 good seasons out of 4. Like you I hoped he’d turned that corner and was going to become a decent 20-25 goal a season striker but he was awful last season. The club should not have been giving him a massive pay rise off 1 good season he timed a good run of form well got his new deal then binned it off.

I can guarantee you had Utd held firm on him he’d have dropped those demands when he realised no serious clubs either wanted him or were willing to pay him anything like he was asking.

Sevilla took a punt bet they’re paying very little for him needed an extra striker for their squad for the second half of the season and pretty quickly they’ve decided no thanks not for us.

His development hasn’t been helped by the constant change of management and styles can’t be easy for a young player but in the last 2 seasons I think he’s looked a bit slower think he’s lost the explosive burst of speed. Sadly he just can’t sustain performances at a high level over a long period you get little bursts quality from him then he totally disappears.

Who are all these French strikers? They flogged Giroud to the end, got Benzema out of the wilderness and after that it’s Lacazette or Martial. Did Martial go to the euros? 30 caps 2 goal. Mbappe is the one they go with and they’ve been trying to find a partner for him it was Giroud now it’s Benzema.

So we give a guy a huge pay rise because he had 2 good seasons out of 4. Like you I hoped he’d turned that corner and was going to become a decent 20-25 goal a season striker but he was awful last season. The club should not have been giving him a massive pay rise off 1 good season he timed a good run of form well got his new deal then binned it off.

I can guarantee you had Utd held firm on him he’d have dropped those demands when he realised no serious clubs either wanted him or were willing to pay him anything like he was asking.

Sevilla took a punt bet they’re paying very little for him needed an extra striker for their squad for the second half of the season and pretty quickly they’ve decided no thanks not for us.

His development hasn’t been helped by the constant change of management and styles can’t be easy for a young player but in the last 2 seasons I think he’s looked a bit slower think he’s lost the explosive burst of speed. Sadly he just can’t sustain performances at a high level over a long period you get little bursts quality from him then he totally disappears.

Martial has never really had much luck when it comes to major tournaments as he keeps managing to get himself injured in the weeks/months building up to them, not sure he's even been to one.

It's kinda how it works though, for any player at any club, if over a long period of time you play to the levels the club hope you could reach when you were signed on potential alone you will get a bumper pay rise, if United didn't offer him the wage rise and he continued that form the following season Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG would have come sniffing and been prepared to pay what he/his agent wanted and he'd have been off, even if we'd matched it, and if that had happened the fans would have been calling the club out for lack of ambition. And no doubt the Glazers dividends would have been mentioned a few thousand times. Zzzzzzzzz

They are hardly likely to say they are desperate to sign him and will pay whatever we want are they.

He's never been that quick, not noticeably anyway, it's his quick feet in and around the box that help him create chances for himself or his teammates.

Maybe the right Manager and the right system he might fly again, next season even, who knows but i'd be disappointed if we sold him on the cheap even if he were to flop elsewhere.

I was never really a Mourinho fan but I think he had this lads number pretty early on can't have been easy for him under LVG he was working with a coach that loved young players and he repaid his faith with some big goals. New guy comes and his first job is to take your squad number off you and give it to the guy he's signed to replace you. Not just any guy either one of the most intimidating guys in world football who happens to be brilliant and adored by the fans almost straight away. He lost his way for a bit then Ole comes and really gets him firing again but then poof out of nowhere it all collapses again because Cavani arrives. You have to accept competition to be a top player Martial should have been able to see off a 35 year old Cavani and keep him on the bench but instead he just shrunk into his shell again.

I always felt that over 10 yards he was very quick the ability to go from 0 to 100 was what gave him the edge with the quick feet and close control in a long race he wasn't fast but short distances he had acceleration to attack space.

Was always one of those players who you could tell after 5 minutes how his day was going to go. If his first attempt at something came off he'd suddenly be full of beans if it didn't come off he'd dissapear and not really want to get involved.

Sadly I think he's just going to be one of those players who promised so much but delivered so little Utd took a huge gamble on him and it hasn't come off he'll drift around mid table clubs maybe good clubs in weaker leagues but that'll be his level. I mean centre forward for Lyon seems to be his level and that's still a decent level probably keep him in the france setup if he bangs in goals but it doesn't pay £10m a year.

Similar to Ousmane Dembele another supreme talent got all the tools but mentally just hasn't got what it takes to make it at the very top.

I was never really a Mourinho fan but I think he had this lads number pretty early on can't have been easy for him under LVG he was working with a coach that loved young players and he repaid his faith with some big goals. New guy comes and his first job is to take your squad number off you and give it to the guy he's signed to replace you. Not just any guy either one of the most intimidating guys in world football who happens to be brilliant and adored by the fans almost straight away. He lost his way for a bit then Ole comes and really gets him firing again but then poof out of nowhere it all collapses again because Cavani arrives. You have to accept competition to be a top player Martial should have been able to see off a 35 year old Cavani and keep him on the bench but instead he just shrunk into his shell again.

I always felt that over 10 yards he was very quick the ability to go from 0 to 100 was what gave him the edge with the quick feet and close control in a long race he wasn't fast but short distances he had acceleration to attack space.

Was always one of those players who you could tell after 5 minutes how his day was going to go. If his first attempt at something came off he'd suddenly be full of beans if it didn't come off he'd dissapear and not really want to get involved.

Sadly I think he's just going to be one of those players who promised so much but delivered so little Utd took a huge gamble on him and it hasn't come off he'll drift around mid table clubs maybe good clubs in weaker leagues but that'll be his level. I mean centre forward for Lyon seems to be his level and that's still a decent level probably keep him in the france setup if he bangs in goals but it doesn't pay £10m a year.

Similar to Ousmane Dembele another supreme talent got all the tools but mentally just hasn't got what it takes to make it at the very top.

Agree with most of that apart from maybe Dembele who got too much too soon and at the wrong club, in his head he was who is Messi and he was always gonna fall on his a*se there.

Still think it will be a shame if we bin Martial off before seeing if the new Gaffer can get the best out of him, and consistently.

But it might be too big an ask.

Agree with most of that apart from maybe Dembele who got too much too soon and at the wrong club, in his head he was who is Messi and he was always gonna fall on his a*se there.

Still think it will be a shame if we bin Martial off before seeing if the new Gaffer can get the best out of him, and consistently.

But it might be too big an ask.
Think Dembele made a good move going to Dortmund after leaving France but I think the move to Barca was to quick he still had a lot to learn and it hasn’t work out he needs a restart somewhere but just think mentally he hasn’t got what it takes.

With the existing strikers likely to leave this summer there is another chance for him but I’m done with him got no desire to see him in a Utd shirt again.

Just one example of what the current manager inherited a player who he needed desperate to leave the club as soon as possible.

He shouldn't come back and should be sold in the summer but Martial needs to be willing to take a hit on the wages to.

Can still see a scenario where he's back with us next season with Cavani and Ronaldo likely to be out the door and Greenwood gone Utd aren't going to go out and buy 3 strikers in one window are they?

Started two games last week and contributed very little.

Not really making much of a mark as Sevilla went out of the Europa League to West Ham and are also looking like they'll lose second place in La Liga.

Struggling to make a mark at Sevilla also been in the tabloids again split up with his wife.

Career seems to be going down the pan hard to see how Utd get him out the door this summer can only imagine they might be able to get him out on loan somewhere.

Good preseason behind him playing for a Manager that believes in him and there's no reason why he couldn't be the CF that we need next season, he's definitely got the ability.

Good preseason behind him playing for a Manager that believes in him and there's no reason why he couldn't be the CF that we need next season, he's definitely got the ability.

How are you still falling for this guy.

Ole believed in him rewarded him what a bumper deal and Martial let him down big time he’s had more chances than he deserves. Utd have got to move on

How are you still falling for this guy.

Ole believed in him rewarded him what a bumper deal and Martial let him down big time he’s had more chances than he deserves. Utd have got to move on

Three-quarters of the squad let Ole down big time, let's be honest.

And come next August we'll be without Cavani, Ronaldo is more likely to leave than stay if we don't get Champions League, Greenwood is out the door unless he and his girlfriend concoct some story that it was just some perverse sexual fantasy gone wrong, or 100% for their viewing only, and convince the courts of that as well, and Rashford won't be cut as much slack as he was by Ole and Ralf if he continues to perform as he has for the remainder of this season by the new Manager who won't think twice about binning him off if his form doesn't pick up big style in pre-season.

Plus there is nobody in the Reserves/Academy good enough or ready yet to step up.

So that's Rashford and Martial for the 22/23 season, and who else? Don't hold your breath waiting for the club to bring 2 new strikers in when there are more obvious areas of the squad that need upgrading, central midfield/fullback and goalkeeper for starters, and those positions will be a darn sight cheaper to strengthen than any strikers that we could sign that would be a significant upgrade on Rashford and MARTIAL.

Martial is terrible and needs shifting. He just doesn't produce

Three-quarters of the squad let Ole down big time, let's be honest.

And come next August we'll be without Cavani, Ronaldo is more likely to leave than stay if we don't get Champions League, Greenwood is out the door unless he and his girlfriend concoct some story that it was just some perverse sexual fantasy gone wrong, or 100% for their viewing only, and convince the courts of that as well, and Rashford won't be cut as much slack as he was by Ole and Ralf if he continues to perform as he has for the remainder of this season by the new Manager who won't think twice about binning him off if his form doesn't pick up big style in pre-season.

Plus there is nobody in the Reserves/Academy good enough or ready yet to step up.

So that's Rashford and Martial for the 22/23 season, and who else? Don't hold your breath waiting for the club to bring 2 new strikers in when there are more obvious areas of the squad that need upgrading, central midfield/fullback and goalkeeper for starters, and those positions will be a darn sight cheaper to strengthen than any strikers that we could sign that would be a significant upgrade on Rashford and MARTIAL.

He didn't just let him down this season he let him down last season the lad vanished into thin air after a good season.

All the other stuff is true out attack is looking very light but I'm sick of seeing this guy mope around in a Utd shirt on his day he can be brilliant but those days are few and far between.

Striker has got to be priority over the keeper situation De Gea has some issues but he's fine for next season the attacking situation will need to be addressed.

Martial can come back and be the second or third choice but I don't think you want that in the dressing room he needs to go even if it does leave us short of options. Reality is he probably won't go because he's on stupid wages that no one else will pay.

Striker has got to be priority over the keeper situation De Gea has some issues
De Gea has got to be favourite for captain at the moment. Only one that seems to give a crap.

Martial has been 90% garbage for united, he's typcal of the type of player we have targetted, given big money, thinks he's made it and has no need to work. Plays crap then throws his dolly out the pram when he doesn't get picked.

This team is full of players who get upset when they get dropped, there is no team spirit or will to improve to get back in the side and Martial is the epitome of that.

De Gea has got to be favourite for captain at the moment. Only one that seems to give a crap.

Martial has been 90% garbage for united, he's typcal of the type of player we have targetted, given big money, thinks he's made it and has no need to work. Plays crap then throws his dolly out the pram when he doesn't get picked.

This team is full of players who get upset when they get dropped, there is no team spirit or will to improve to get back in the side and Martial is the epitome of that.

I think there are certain tactical issues that come with De Gea which might see a new manager want to make a change as great a shot stopper as he is there's more to the role now where he is lacking. I'd have no issue with him being made captain given his longevity and service to the club there's few obvious candidates.

Martial must be a nightmare for a manager because you just don't know what you'll get he'll either give you a man of the match or sub him after 45 minutes he never seems to give you a run of 7 or 8/10 games it's highs and lows with him.

To me he looks like another one with all the talent but mentally hasn't got the edge you need to make it to the very top a more ruthless player would have forced his way out of the club under Mourinho where he was clearly a second choice. He got a tough ride under Mourinho first with Zlatan taking his centre forward spot then with Sanchez taking his left wing spot despite him actually being in decent form at the time. At that point I think a top player is telling their agent to get them out of town not sticking it out for 12 months like he did

He didn't just let him down this season he let him down last season the lad vanished into thin air after a good season.

All the other stuff is true out attack is looking very light but I'm sick of seeing this guy mope around in a Utd shirt on his day he can be brilliant but those days are few and far between.

Striker has got to be priority over the keeper situation De Gea has some issues but he's fine for next season the attacking situation will need to be addressed.

Martial can come back and be the second or third choice but I don't think you want that in the dressing room he needs to go even if it does leave us short of options. Reality is he probably won't go because he's on stupid wages that no one else will pay.

Maybe he just needs the right coach and system. He bought into what LvG wanted eventually, maybe he'll do the same with Ten Hag.

And nearly everybody in the squad is on silly money, and after his most successful season he deserved a significant increase, but it was still a long way short of what Rooney and RvP received years ago, and half of what Ibra and Sanchez were getting and he was tasked with replacing them. If we'd not offered what we did, when we did and he went elsewhere and tore it up the fans would have been in uproar calling out Woodward and the Glazers. The club just can't win with some fans.

I think there are certain tactical issues that come with De Gea which might see a new manager want to make a change as great a shot stopper as he is there's more to the role now where he is lacking. I'd have no issue with him being made captain given his longevity and service to the club there's few obvious candidates.

Martial must be a nightmare for a manager because you just don't know what you'll get he'll either give you a man of the match or sub him after 45 minutes he never seems to give you a run of 7 or 8/10 games it's highs and lows with him.

To me he looks like another one with all the talent but mentally hasn't got the edge you need to make it to the very top a more ruthless player would have forced his way out of the club under Mourinho where he was clearly a second choice. He got a tough ride under Mourinho first with Zlatan taking his centre forward spot then with Sanchez taking his left wing spot despite him actually being in decent form at the time. At that point I think a top player is telling their agent to get them out of town not sticking it out for 12 months like he did

Why would he do that if he loved the club, more so knowing the Mourinho the Imploder would be out the club in the not too distant future.

A guy that can't even organise his defence as Captain, interesting.

Maybe he just needs the right coach and system. He bought into what LvG wanted eventually, maybe he'll do the same with Ten Hag.

And nearly everybody in the squad is on silly money, and after his most successful season he deserved a significant increase, but it was still a long way short of what Rooney and RvP received years ago, and half of what Ibra and Sanchez were getting and he was tasked with replacing them. If we'd not offered what we did, when we did and he went elsewhere and tore it up the fans would have been in uproar calling out Woodward and the Glazers. The club just can't win with some fans.

I think had he left he wouldn’t be ripping it up at another club he might have done ok elsewhere like Depay has but there’s no way a top European club would have signed him off Utd and paid him anywhere near what Utd offered.

Ole gave him the keys to the team told him you are my number 9 gave him the big deal and built a team that suited him but he didn’t live up to his end of the deal he was awful last season apart from 1 game at City. You just can’t trust him he clearly doesn’t enjoy being a squad player and he’s not consistent enough to be a relied on starter so we have got to move on.

Those players got those deals due to a decade of high level performance not turning up every other season. Sanchez was obviously a huge error by the club that allowed players to benchmark themselves against him Probably what made Herrera think he was worth £300k a week.

He is average, but we can't sell him yet, because we need more urgent replacement in others area. Also he will be the only replacement for Ronaldo next year. Anyway he will be very hard to shift with his very high salary.

I think had he left he wouldn’t be ripping it up at another club he might have done ok elsewhere like Depay has but there’s no way a top European club would have signed him off Utd and paid him anywhere near what Utd offered.

Ole gave him the keys to the team told him you are my number 9 gave him the big deal and built a team that suited him but he didn’t live up to his end of the deal he was awful last season apart from 1 game at City. You just can’t trust him he clearly doesn’t enjoy being a squad player and he’s not consistent enough to be a relied on starter so we have got to move on.

Those players got those deals due to a decade of high level performance not turning up every other season. Sanchez was obviously a huge error by the club that allowed players to benchmark themselves against him Probably what made Herrera think he was worth £300k a week.

You can't say that with any certainty, if he moved to a weaker League after he'd had his best season at United he probably would have scored goals for fun, and who knows what level he would have gone to. If he'd wanted out that badly he'd have accepted wages similar to what he was on at United at the time.

Rooney was after a decade of service and only after he flirted publicly with City and Chelsea but he was obviously in decline, and RvP only moved to United because we more than doubled his wages at Arsenal. So that is the type of wage a United Striker with the responsibility of leading the line expects to earn. It's nonsense but it is what it is. If United sign a striker this Summer as surely they must he will be offered wages of circa £200,000+ a week for starters, and that would be the same if we were reigning European Champions League winners, or only finished a point above relegation. And until the bubble burst that figure will keep going up.

You can't say that with any certainty, if he moved to a weaker League after he'd had his best season at United he probably would have scored goals for fun, and who knows what level he would have gone to. If he'd wanted out that badly he'd have accepted wages similar to what he was on at United at the time.

Rooney was after a decade of service and only after he flirted publicly with City and Chelsea but he was obviously in decline, and RvP only moved to United because we more than doubled his wages at Arsenal. So that is the type of wage a United Striker with the responsibility of leading the line expects to earn. It's nonsense but it is what it is. If United sign a striker this Summer as surely they must he will be offered wages of circa £200,000+ a week for starters, and that would be the same if we were reigning European Champions League winners, or only finished a point above relegation. And until the bubble burst that figure will keep going up.

Which clubs are offering players £13m a year or £250k a week? I doubt the top earners at clubs like Dortmund, Leipzig, Sevilla, Villareal, Milan Etc earn anything like that and these clubs aren’t going to stump up £40-50m to buy him on top of that.

Of course it’s an opinion but it’s based on his performances over 7 seasons at Utd you just can’t rely on the guy and I feel like in the last two seasons physically he’s started to decline injuries are hitting more regularly and I think he’s lost a bit of that acceleration that made him dangerous. I think there was enough evidence before he got that deal to say he’s only ever going to be a good player not a great one don’t offer him world class wages.

Which clubs are offering players £13m a year or £250k a week? I doubt the top earners at clubs like Dortmund, Leipzig, Sevilla, Villareal, Milan Etc earn anything like that and these clubs aren’t going to stump up £40-50m to buy him on top of that.

Of course it’s an opinion but it’s based on his performances over 7 seasons at Utd you just can’t rely on the guy and I feel like in the last two seasons physically he’s started to decline injuries are hitting more regularly and I think he’s lost a bit of that acceleration that made him dangerous. I think there was enough evidence before he got that deal to say he’s only ever going to be a good player not a great one don’t offer him world class wages.
I agree, he lost a lot of pace after his injury. He has a way too high salary to be shifted easily. I think we should keep him and expect a full recovery of his pace next year. He will not be in the world cup so he can train more. I expect hard work to recover from Rashford too. They both are lost.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back