Loan Watch 2021/22: Amad Diallo at Rangers

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good luck to him.

Hopefully he gets in their team quickly and plays regularly.

I think he's such a classy player. Unfortunately I don't think he'll ever get a fair chance at united but I think he's going to be some player in the future.

I think he's such a classy player. Unfortunately I don't think he'll ever get a fair chance at united but I think he's going to be some player in the future.

what makes you think that?

We’ve invested a fortune in this kid if he’s the real deal he will get a chance when he’s ready.

There always seems to be too much of a hurry to throw players into the first team. Amad looks to have fantastic potential but I think he is a minimum of 12 months away from getting decent playing time. I do not see the club as doing anything wrong here

in the few games he’s had at Utd he hasn’t looked physically ready yet I think 6 months in Scotland will do him good toughen him up a big physically and mentally and then see where things are in the summer.

He’s only been at the club 12 months and a good chunk of that he was injured.

Young players always get a chance here if they are good enough.

Donny was 23 when he joined the club and Lingard is now in his 7th season as a first team squad member and has played over 200 times for the club.

There’s plenty of things to criticise Utd for but giving young players a chance really isn’t one of them.

Instant control and a football brain what's not to like. The problem is very few of that Rangers team will be on his wavelength, and probably would have been better going to a more technical League. His shins will be tested in Scotland which is no bad thing I suppose.

Just think the intensity is what will matter the expectation to win every single match is something that I think will do him some good.

The standard isn't the best but good little learning experience I think.

Gone a bit downhill for him after the debut goal.

He was subbed at half time in the Old Firm game and has been an unused sub in recent matches and this is when the club has been stuttering in the league and drawing matches.

Came off the bench in the cup this weekend for 25 minutes.

Rangers are in a title battle up in Scotland and he's really struggled to get his spot back in the team after starting his first few games.

Good that he’s getting some playing time at last.

We deserperatly need a RW. He will be first choice next season if we don't have the money to buy one, this summer.

Looks miles off being ready for the premier league from what I have seen but could get some chances in the league cup and European games next season.

Definitely not ready to be a starter. I would suggest he needs another year away on loan to be honest.
You needs to look at the competition for the spot. And at the moment he will compete with Elanga. I'm sure, if he look good on preseason and we don't buy a new RW, he will be in the team.

I would be amazed if he was anywhere near the first team next season. I think the best we can hope for is a solid loan spell somewhere competitive

You needs to look at the competition for the spot. And at the moment he will compete with Elanga. I'm sure, if he look good on preseason and we don't buy a new RW, he will be in the team.
Competition is fine and well needed, however if that competition isn’t ready, like I don’t believe Diallo is, then I don’t think it’s good for the player or the team.

I think someone to play on the right is a key objective this summer. Guys like Sancho and Rashford prefer to play on the left and Elanga can look a little lost on the right, although he is still learning his game. I’ve heard Antony’s name mentioned quite a lot - can’t say I watch any Dutch football so couldn’t comment but he’s someone talked about as a real talent.

Competition is fine and well needed, however if that competition isn’t ready, like I don’t believe Diallo is, then I don’t think it’s good for the player or the team.

I think someone to play on the right is a key objective this summer. Guys like Sancho and Rashford prefer to play on the left and Elanga can look a little lost on the right, although he is still learning his game. I’ve heard Antony’s name mentioned quite a lot - can’t say I watch any Dutch football so couldn’t comment but he’s someone talked about as a real talent.
Yes, Antony is the best young RW we can get. Dembele is out of rush despite being free. But i worry about Liverpool, if they doesn't sort the contract of Salah soon, they may be in for Antony.

From what I've seen of his time at Rangers, he will be out on loan again next season. But that will be good for the lad, get some more vital experience, maybe in a different league to the SPL and hopefully start to see him flourish.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back