Liverpool Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

They really are annoyingly good at transfers at the moment.

Basically doubled their money in 2 seasons on a guy who was used as a squad player but chipped in with some goals along the way.

They seem very good at spotting good players with low release clauses.

Been a change at the top this summer Michael Edwards who's been running the club for the last decade has stepped down so that might cause a bit of instability but he's being replaced by someone who worked closely with him so they have managed some succession planning.

You wonder if they will do much more business this summer. They've landed Nunez and signed 2 youngsters in Carvalho (winger), Ramsey (right back) and Milner has signed for another season. Mane will be a big loss and it sounds like a few fringe players may go but it's hard to see what they can do to really improve that team other than just freshen it up a bit like they've done.

Great news for them.

Be interesting to see what the numbers look like when they eventually come out you’d expect he will be up with Ronaldo/KDB are top earners in the league and it’s hard to argue that he doesn’t deserve it.

Obviously realised nobody on the Continent was gonna offer anywhere near what Liverpool had so stayed put.

Let's hope he lives to regret it.

Just sold Neco Williams a full back who had no chance of making it at Liverpool to Forest for a deal worth up to £17m.

They really are annoyingly good at selling their squad players.

People probably want them because unlike united players, they're not earning 50 grand a week before making it to the first team :D

Yeah there's a whole host of reasons essentially they are better players than the crap we're trying to flog and like the lads at City they've contributed to a decent team so they're in demand. The lads we want to ditch are over paid and can't get into a bang average Utd side.

A good comparison to Neco Williams would be Brandon Williams at Utd a young full back isn't going to make it but has some talent but I bet Brandon is on double what Neco is on in terms of salary and as a result Utd are likely to struggle to move him on even though we only want a reported £10m fee.

Why are there 2 "aren't Liverpool friggin great" threads?

Why are there 2 "aren't Liverpool friggin great" threads?

Probably because I didn’t realise one already existed.

@Sideshow Bob @IDFD any chance you can merge the two threads?

No worries.

I can see Liverpool taking a step back this year. Losing Mane is massive for them. Dias was good but not as good as people are making out and him and Salah appeared to have some issues.

I think City walk it by about 10+ points this year.

Pre-season result:

Leipzig 0
Liverpool 5

Some dude called Nunez scored 4

Seems to be a lot of talk that Firmino is off to Juventus.

Big change at Liverpool with 2 of that front 3 that lead them to the european and domestic glory out the door.

Feels like the right time to sell he's now into his 30's and I think his contract is up next summer with Nunez in then he's going to be the main man for them going forward.

I saw that, odd one, especially as Nunez is having a poor game then a good game. Big risk.

Think it's just a case of balancing the books a bit and putting some faith in the new guys.

If you spend 80m on a centre forward you've got to play him so Firmino probably thinks with a world cup round the corner is it time for a change.

Strange that he'd go to Juventus who already have Vlahovic though maybe just feels it's time for a change and a new challenge unless they plan to play 2 up top which they have done in the past quite a lot. Think Juve are going to send Morata back to Atletico as he's only been their on loan and they don't want to take up the option to buy him.

They've still got 4 quality players for the 3 forward positions plus that youngster they got from Fulham.

The depth in that squad taking a bit of a hit this summer with Mane, Minamino, Origi and Firmino leaving and only 2 coming in so far maybe there's one last move up their sleeve.

New deal for Jota signed to 2027.

Looking like Firmino will stay now.

I'm saying, Nunez will be a flop.
Not sure to be honest, his style of play is very much suited to Liverpool. I think he will be a success for them sadly.

Haaland could be the one that struggles to be honest of the new signings, he is not your typical City player and they will have to adapt around him.

Not sure to be honest, his style of play is very much suited to Liverpool. I think he will be a success for them sadly.

Haaland could be the one that struggles to be honest of the new signings, he is not your typical City player and they will have to adapt around him.

He better not, it took me ages to fit him into my FPL team, LOL

Liverpool drop points opening day against newly promoted Fulham.

Not a good start for them.

VVD being made to look silly for the penalty.

Lucky to get a point...Fulham were better team....pereira was OK as well

This is sad.
Fulham only had 2 sleep time moment and Pool scored both time.
They should have lost this game.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure what he was thinking. But at least we don't have to see him Vs Martinez next week.

He'll surely get an extra game for not going off the field straight away, or should do.

3 game ban isn’t it for violent conduct?

I just saw a clip, didn't look that bad to me. Just a natural instinct, they were so close there wasn't really much contact.

Sending off for sure. Did the other player get booked?

Suarez got 8 for biting Ivanovic....you could argue biting is worse but the level of violence is comparable

If I was on the panel he’d never play again and Klopp would get a ban for his excuses after matches he blamed the pitch vs Fulham and then a witch vs Palace.

3 games I think is the standard ban for what he did but the league can appeal to increase it.

I just saw a clip, didn't look that bad to me. Just a natural instinct, they were so close there wasn't really much contact.

Sending off for sure. Did the other player get booked?
I heard he tried to back head but him seconds before...didn't see it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back