Liverpool Discussion 2021/22

Respect for what they've won but not always how they won it, but still hate the club and the vast majority of their fans i've had the misfortune to meet on Merseyside over the years, so nowt to discuss. Nada.

Hard to really knock how they've done it in the recent era got in a great manager spotted some great talent and built a superb team that even more annoyingly plays brilliant football.

The alarm bells for me is they're kind of doing what we did in the 90's spending good money but being smart with who the buy.

The manager and assistant are both positive for Covid now along with a number of other players and staff.

With Keita, Mane and Salah all off at AFCoN they are really stretched the bones.

They're currently trying to get their league cap game on Thursday postponed due to the rising number of cases in the squad.

wasn't Klopp the one moaning (pre AFCoN) that games shouldn't be cancelled :D

Think he's kind of been proven right every club is going to get one of these outbreaks at some point with injuries/AFCoN as well it was probably the right thing to do to just plough on through.

If we all stopped then you could have situations where healthy squads are training but not playing then the moment we go back to playing everyone starts getting Covid. There's an almost inevitable feeling with the case numbers as high as they are that you just have to wait your turn.

Klopp to be fair has been a very good voice on Covid one of the few managers who's been happy to go public and tell people they should be vaccinated.

Training ground has now been closed for 48 hours so that means not only will their league cup game be off but probably their FA Cup game on Sunday.

Think it's silly that the EFL have insisted that the semi finals remain 2 legs given all the problems with fixtures should have changed them to a single game at a neutral venue.

When he had his best players, games should go on regardless of covid cases, now he's lost a load to AFCoN, lets cancel games until they get back.

When he had his best players, games should go on regardless of covid cases, now he's lost a load to AFCoN, lets cancel games until they get back.

Again not wanting to stick up for him to much but that wasn't his point. His point was when we have Covid problems we have to stop but we shouldn't be stopping everyone if teams have enough players to play for this exact reason.

The comments he made were around the time where the league were considering a "circuit breaker" type thing where all games where suspended for 2 weeks. His point was if we stop now while most teams are capable of playing then we are creating a bigger problem if we get covid cases when we resume because we've lost time.

The games lost in December wouldn't have been played in January anyway so the AFCoN issue wouldn't really matter as they always knew which games the players would miss.

This is what he said on the 17th December which was just before the clubs apparently had a vote on what to do.

He then had a further moan about player welfare the following week because Liverpool had to play 2 games in 3 days with a squad that was being hit by positive covid results. Now this one was him making excuses but he moans about the Christmas fixtures every year it's getting a bit boring all these managers know they are coming it's a challenge for everyone use your squad and deal with the challenge.

I remember him gobbing off before that, when the United game got postponed. Saying clubs should name players

Signed Luis Diaz from Porto another wide player gives them more options up top.

35m plus add ons.

God I hate Jota.

He was a pain in our backside at Wolves they then sign him up and he's turned into an absolute goal machine he reminds me of a bit more of a modern version of Michael Owen. Great in the air for a small striker and deadly around the box.

If they do the quadruple I think Vlad should just push the button we don't need to live in that world.

shows how little I care, I thought it was city liverpool in the cup. No wonder my Liverpool mates thought I was drunk in the whatsapp group yesterday haha

They're going to win it again aren't they.

They are on a role again and looking unstoppable their performance at Arsenal was just so routine they kind of help them for 60 minutes then just put their foot down in the last 30 minutes and took them apart.

Painful period for Utd fans as them and City are for me the two best teams in Eurpe by some distance.

More bad news for United fans.

Klopp signs an extension through to 2026.

This season really is the season that keeps on giving isn't it.

Is it too much to hope their wheels come off, well it is Liverpool.

I'll get me coat.

Least one positive yesterday was these lot dropping points.

City can win the title, not really fussed about them. But Liverpool doing the quad would be pretty unbearable.

Least one positive yesterday was these lot dropping points.

City can win the title, not really fussed about them. But Liverpool doing the quad would be pretty unbearable.
I also prefer City to win the PL to avoid the quadruple for Liverpool, but i also noticed that the Spurs under Conte get result against City and Pool. They will be no joke next year if they keep Kane. The 4 CL spots will be even more difficult to get.

So we think Gerrard is going to put out the Villa under 9’s team against Liverpool tonight?

I dunno he's under a little bit of pressure with Villa fans who will expect a lot more from that team next season as lots of money has been spent so they'll be expecting him to take the game seriously. Won their last two but before that they'd been on a pretty rotten run of results.

I expect him to be a professional if he wants that Liverpool job then actually beating them is a better audition than rolling over and having your tummy tickled.

That said I don't see Liverpool dropping points in this one I expect them to win pretty comfortably tonight and put the pressure back on City.

I can't believe this kind of rubbish even gets expressed in the press.

He's a professional sportman ffs.

I also prefer City to win the PL to avoid the quadruple for Liverpool, but i also noticed that the Spurs under Conte get result against City and Pool. They will be no joke next year if they keep Kane. The 4 CL spots will be even more difficult to get.

Yeah Spurs managed to do the double over City. Draw twice with Liverpool and lose twice to us.

Gotta be one of the few teams we've done the double over this season.

Yeah Spurs managed to do the double over City. Draw twice with Liverpool and lose twice to us.

Gotta be one of the few teams we've done the double over this season.

Just went down the league table Spurs, West Ham, Leeds, Brentford and Norwich currently been beaten home and away if we beat Palace on the last day they are added to the list.

You just have to look at the bottom half to realise the ridiculous number of points we've dropped against the bottom half of the league.

From 60 possible points against the current bottom half Utd have taken 32 points. We didn't beat 5 of the bottom half at home or away.

The Wolves fans in the closing stages at Anfield yesterday singing "you nearly won the League, you nearly won the League, and now you're gonna believe us, and now you're gonna believe us, and now you're gonna believe us, you nearly won the League" :)

How has Klopp won manager of the year!

He's won two cups, one of which is pointless, both on penalties. And he's had a park walk to the Cl final

These awards are very subjective and lets be honest 3 cup finals and finishing second by 1 point is a hell of a season.

I don't think there was a standout underdog.

Eddie Howe was only in half of the season and lets be honest backed by a nation state takes a bit of shine off their recovery.

Vieira was probably best of the rest considering just how much changed their over the summer to finish 12th with pretty much a brand new team I think was pretty impressive.

Pep won he league scoring 99 goals without a striker, and conceding only 26.

He surely is a contender? 4th time in 5 years. Have you seen Peps magerial career stats is ridiculous, its like, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 1st etc. Those arn't the stats, but you get the point.

Like I say, he's won two cups on pens. One of those cups teams put their B teams out. The other one I don't hold much to any more but I know people do so I'll give him that. But he didn't win the games. They both went to pens.

The teams Liverpool faced in the CL, you couldn't have an easier route. And to be honest that happens so much to them in the CL I begin to wonder if a Liverpool fan sorts out the draws.

I would put Pep, Howe, Vierra. I guess Moyes blew it at the end, and Conte didn't do enough.

This just stinks of Klopp love because he says they right things and gurns on the side lines. Pep should have won it. And I don't think enough credit goes to manager like Frank. To keep Brentford in the prem with that squad, playing great football.

If he doesn't win the CL I would even go as far to say this season is failure for them considering where they were in the league, and the CL draw they had.

For me the best manager over achieves gets more from his players than another manager would.

I think Pep delivers what we expect from a club with a limitless budget that is also well run. He is great but this level of performance is now expected and if anything he's maybe under performed as domestic cups they failed to reach either final. Fergie didn't win manager of the year every time he won the league title.

Which final did Chelsea put the B team out in? Yes they won two finals on penalties but they did play the team in 3rd in the league and reigning European champions in both cup finals.

As for the run in the champions league they had a tricky group and won 6 out of 6 and they didn't pick their opponents through to the final.

Man I wish we had a season of failure like Liverpool's two domestic cups, took the league to final day and made into a european final.

I think this season you have to give it to Pep or Klopp and I'll be honest it's a coin toss and given the votes will have been taken before the league reached its climax I can see why most went towards Klopp.

For me the best manager over achieves gets more from his players than another manager would.
On that basis surely he Brentford manager should have won the award? And you know what? I think that would have been fair and right.

On that basis surely he Brentford manager should have won the award? And you know what? I think that would have been fair and right.

I dunno that Brentford side is a good side I don't think there's much between the teams in the bottom half of the prem and top half of the championship anymore. It's all subjective I don't think people saw them as nailed on to go down at the start of the season them staying up doesn't surprise me to be honest.

I like Brentford and I think their style suits a promoted side but I think they'll be like Leeds next season teams have worked them out and they'll struggle to stay up. They did well but I wouldn't say they were spectacular.

He was nominated I think and I'd have had no issues with him winning it other than I think he's a bit of a c*ck and was a right idiot after we beat them at their ground earlier in the season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back