Lionesses are on the prowl

KTMF

No games for me this weekend, International game in Germany on Tuesday ... seems to feature most of both Manchester teams in the squad... anyone watching, I’m off work so thankfully I can, 3pm kick off

I only really watch tournament football at international level

I don’t really follow the women’s game when I have watched it I quite like it slightly different style of football to the men’s game. Just don’t have the time to follow it really.

I see a lot of the top American players are over here at the moment just a shame the fans can’t see them in person.

Yeah we have a couple of them at united. I catch most games on mutv. The Americans coming in is similar to whem the argentinians came over in the early 80s I think it was.
Btw welcome KTMF.

It's about how much time you spend watching football. The time I am happy to put aside for watching football doesnt allow time to take in the women's game.
It is good to see the quality of the womans game improve massively though and the big increase in female interest in the game over the last couple of decades.

20-0

It's a bit of a joke that, not good for the women's game

Of the United lasses Ella Toone who started scored one, and Alessia Russo who came on in the 60th minute scored three(Her 11 minute hat-trick was the fastest in England women’s history)

Other United players were Mary Earps who started in goal, and midfielder Katie Zelem who came on as a sub in the 71st minute

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Going to be this way for a while with bigger nations upping the funding the smaller nations haven't followed suit so the gap is just going to keep getting bigger and bigger.

20-0

It's a bit of a joke that, not good for the women's game
Do you remember when the papers were full on bashing the USA WNT because they beat some minnows 10-0? There was a lot of hand wringing and declarations on how it wasn’t sportsmanlike, but I’m not seeing any of that same condemnation now it’s an English team who has done it (actually twice as bad).

Do you remember when the papers were full on bashing the USA WNT because they beat some minnows 10-0? There was a lot of hand wringing and declarations on how it wasn’t sportsmanlike, but I’m not seeing any of that same condemnation now it’s an English team who has done it (actually twice as bad).

They beat Thailand 17-0 at a world cup bit different from smashing someone in qualifying.

There's also the cultural difference in American sports where it's not considered very sporting to "run up" the score probably because things like goal difference don't really matter in those sports in football it can matter and players need to pad out their stats.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back