Leon Goretzka rumours

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Now this would be a serious signing Utd have shown interest in him.

He’s stalling on a new deal with Bayern wants top wages but Bayern can’t afford it so could find himself in a similar situation to Thiago or Alaba who both ended up leaving in search of greater riches. His contract expires next summer not sure if Bayern have a 1 year extension option but at 26 he’s obviously looking for the big bucks.

For now I think it’s just rumours to try and get Bayern to pay up but if they wouldn’t pay up for Alaba will they pay up for Goretzka?

The reports in Germany seem to be he wants to stay but if Bayern don’t stump up the cash he is willing to move.

Seems to be a growing problem at Bayern quite a few players seem to be moving on and the PL clubs are now taking a lot of the top German developing talent.

Kinglsey Coman, Niklas Sule, and Joshua Kimmich are in the same boat. Reports say Goretzka definitely wants to stay at Bayern, but Coman and Kimmich are down for a change.

Could see Coman wanting a move to get more playing time as he’s not always a starter there but the others I reckon all want to stay but Bayern just need to find a way of paying them.

This is a signing we could all get behind. Would transform us in the middle of the park.

Dotting the i's and crossing the t's on his new Bayern deal apparently until 2026.

Rated him highly through the various age groups but not overly impressed the last few times i've seen him for Bayern, or Germany.

Though maybe he was carrying an injury or his had contract renewal on his mind.

Now this would be a serious signing Utd have shown interest in him.

He’s stalling on a new deal with Bayern wants top wages but Bayern can’t afford it so could find himself in a similar situation to Thiago or Alaba who both ended up leaving in search of greater riches. His contract expires next summer not sure if Bayern have a 1 year extension option but at 26 he’s obviously looking for the big bucks.

For now I think it’s just rumours to try and get Bayern to pay up but if they wouldn’t pay up for Alaba will they pay up for Goretzka?

The reports in Germany seem to be he wants to stay but if Bayern don’t stump up the cash he is willing to move.

Seems to be a growing problem at Bayern quite a few players seem to be moving on and the PL clubs are now taking a lot of the top German developing talent.
Can't see him leaving. A fantastic signing, definitely, but think he's staying where he is.
Still very keen on Phillips from Leeds. Seems to get better every time I see him. Think he'll be 1 of the 1st names on Southgate's teamsheet for a few years. Give him the opportunity to play Euro with a club side, no stopping that lad!

Can't see him leaving. A fantastic signing, definitely, but think he's staying where he is.
Still very keen on Phillips from Leeds. Seems to get better every time I see him. Think he'll be 1 of the 1st names on Southgate's teamsheet for a few years. Give him the opportunity to play Euro with a club side, no stopping that lad!

Was always an outside chance he's signed a new deal since that post so won't be going anywhere new contract runs to 2026.

I like Phillips plenty of industry but do wonder if technically he's got enough to reach the very top of the game but he'd be a big improvement on what we have. He's like a Rugby League player you'd certainly walk off the pitch knowing you've been in a game against him.

Think for us to get him a bit like Smith they'd need to be relegated not sure he's willing to make that trip across the pennines.

I like Philips but I also have a little doubt whether he is good enough. I did read he's chasing a new deal anyway.

It does but I don't think we'll be the only club throwing money his way if he becomes available. The way they play he looks a perfect player for Liverpool that high energy impact player they seem to like in the midfield.

He's got a contract to 2024 so there's no pressure on Leeds to sell just yet but could be different if he gets to the end of next season without signing a new deal.

It does but I don't think we'll be the only club throwing money his way if he becomes available. The way they play he looks a perfect player for Liverpool that high energy impact player they seem to like in the midfield.

He's got a contract to 2024 so there's no pressure on Leeds to sell just yet but could be different if he gets to the end of next season without signing a new deal.
Do u reckon the scousers r the only team who want a high impact midfielder? Jeez we've needed 1 for several years now. Fred takes all the backlash, I almost think that's warranted but let's not forget Mc. He's nowhere near the standard required to bring us up to the place we want to be. I'm suggesting Phillips ( and there r a lot of options, great DMs playing in the EPL and abroad)
I don't think either Leeds or Phillips could refuse the offer we could put on the table. Not saying it's emergency stages yet, I think we all reached that conclusion a while back. We cannot and will not win any majors with that as our holding midfielders

Do u reckon the scousers r the only team who want a high impact midfielder? Jeez we've needed 1 for several years now. Fred takes all the backlash, I almost think that's warranted but let's not forget Mc. He's nowhere near the standard required to bring us up to the place we want to be. I'm suggesting Phillips ( and there r a lot of options, great DMs playing in the EPL and abroad)
I don't think either Leeds or Phillips could refuse the offer we could put on the table. Not saying it's emergency stages yet, I think we all reached that conclusion a while back. We cannot and will not win any majors with that as our holding midfielders

No but you watch him play and you'd have to say the scousers are the team he'd fit into the best not sure he'd really fit the way City or Chelsea currently play. He'd be an absolute dream for us by the way.

I think for Leeds to be interested Utd would have to be offering what 70-80m for him and the player would need to be pushing for that move. There would definitly be a Utd tax applied to that deal due to the rivalry.

Grealish just went for 100m that's set a dangerous bench mark for clubs looking to buy from prem clubs as Grealish was not a 100m player.

Utd need to be searching worldwide for this solution as I've said on other threads this isn't a 1 player solution Utd need to be picking up 2 or 3 new quality centre mids quickly if they want to compete as that midfield is dreadful.

Yes, I agree with that but out of that 2 or 3, spending big bucks to acquire his services and then another 2 abroad for lesser fees would help solve a Major problem for us. Bring in younger far more talented players and keep Matic there. That guy's wisdom on a football field is magnificent.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back