League Cup Semi Final 2022/23: Nottingham Forest vs Man Utd ~ Wed 25th Jan 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
No excuses on this one put out a strong team and give ourselves the best chance possible of getting to Wembley. The club hasn't won a trophy in 5 seasons, this one is ours for the taking. They ballsed up the europa league in recent seasons they can't afford to do it again.

Not sure if it's still the rule but in the league cup away goals only count after extra time in the semi final.

Forest are picking up a bit in the league and are without Henderson who's not only ineligible due to the terms of his loan he's also now injured. They've had the extra days rest and Sunday was a hard game for Utd.

No idea on the fitness of Martial and Dalot, Casemiro has served his ban so he'll be back. Is Bruno suspended for this one or was that the last round? We obviously don't know when Sancho will return to first team action as he is back in full training.

I think he needs to rest AWB and Eriksen they looked shattered at Arsenal, might mean having to play Malacia on the right.

De Gea

Malacia Varane Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Fred

Anthony Bruno Rashford

Weghorst.

Think we go all in for this one then play a B team vs Reading in the FA Cup. When you're this far in the league cup I think you have to prioritise it over the FA Cup.

The amount of games we are playing is insane. 7 games in 22 days before Sunday. 7 games in 22 days from tomorrow

Yep I think it really showed at the weekend in the last 30 minutes we were dead on our feet.

Our last 3 games have all gone down to the wire as well we haven't been able to take players off at 2 or 3 nil up, the key players have had to play right to the end.

Success comes at a price the league cup really tests your squad strength in that first half of the season, it's why I think City dominate it at the moment as they can play a B team and reach semi's and finals.

I can't see the two leg semi finals lasting to much longer but problem will be finding a neutral venue that can be used 2 nights in a row midweek.

Yep I think it really showed at the weekend in the last 30 minutes we were dead on our feet.

Our last 3 games have all gone down to the wire as well we haven't been able to take players off at 2 or 3 nil up, the key players have had to play right to the end.

Success comes at a price the league cup really tests your squad strength in that first half of the season, it's why I think City dominate it at the moment as they can play a B team and reach semi's and finals.

I can't see the two leg semi finals lasting to much longer but problem will be finding a neutral venue that can be used 2 nights in a row midweek.
“Haven’t been able to take players off at 2 or 3 nil up!! When was that then? 19 canteen.

“Haven’t been able to take players off at 2 or 3 nil up!! When was that then? 19 canteen.

19 canteen?

The point was in the last 3 games we've not had any of these games won with 10-20 minutes to go so we've not been able to sub players off to give them a break. Every game went right to the last minute.

19 canteen?

The point was in the last 3 games we've not had any of these games won with 10-20 minutes to go so we've not been able to sub players off to give them a break. Every game went right to the last minute.
It’s my annoyance at our inability to score goals coming to the fore!

Last two results at the City Ground, 0-4 and 1-8, think it might be a bit tighter tonight.

Very little traffic, has the game been called off, or are you all far too excited to post??

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Martinez Malacia
Casemiro Eriksen
Antony Bruno Rashford
Weghorst​

Heaton
Williams
Varane
Fred
McTominay
Mainoo
Pellistri
Elanga
Garnacho​

Makeshift central-defensive partnership for Forest, hat-trick for Ruud van Weghorst!?

For those wondering about the United absentees, Maguire is suspended tonight, and Luke Shaw was last spotted this afternoon in Dublin asking for directions after getting an email alert this morning saying Iceland in Glasgow were doing a buy one get three free deal on kebabs.

I was just about to say, in fact, I fancy he will score an unhyphenated hat trick

Shaw out due to illness.

Strong line up.

1-0 up away and getting done 3vs2 on the counter.

This team has got very lucky with that offside.

For those wondering about the United absentees, Maguire is suspended tonight, and Luke Shaw was last spotted this afternoon in Dublin asking for directions after getting an email alert this morning saying Iceland in Glasgow were doing a buy one get three free deal on kebabs.
Can you stop twisting things. Marinakis has been inviting Shaw round for Souvlaki parties and he's had to borrow a pair of his trousers

Can you stop twisting things. Marinakis has been inviting Shaw round for Souvlaki parties and he's had to borrow a pair of his trousers

I reckon a dinner at the Marinakis house is a hell of an event.

Weghorst off the mark, lovely finish on the follow up.

Yes and his movement was good prior to the goal, but we need to see this stuff when it matters. Decisive moments etc...

Yes and his movement was good prior to the goal, but we need to see this stuff when it matters. Decisive moments etc...
Does a semi final not matter?

Great game of football, very open and we could easily score another couple in the second half. We look a little open ourselves as well and Lindelof hasn’t covered himself in glory a couple of times.

Getting the 2nd goal just before half time in a cup semi final I’d say is pretty decisive.

Think we’ve been quite poor and still created 3 really good chances.

Utd should be looking to close this out, we had enough warnings first half. Stop pissing about and get this tie won.

Does a semi final not matter?

Great game of football, very open and we could easily score another couple in the second half. We look a little open ourselves as well and Lindelof hasn’t covered himself in glory a couple of times.
Yes, it does indeed matter but you know what I mean. Bust the net against the Arsenal, grab a late winner against top opposition or something, a real IMPACT goal when the pressure is on. It's not a decisive goal at this moment in time is it? I didn't jump of the chesterfield when it went in, was just pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back