Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
v
200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Wednesday, 26th October 2016
League Cup Fourth Round
Old Trafford
20:00 BST

Got to be a strong team I guess, I think again the cup competitions are where we will succeed this year. I would probably go along with:

De Gea - TFM - Smalling - Blind - Shaw - Carrick, Herrera, Mata - Rashford - Ibra - Martial.

Think Pogba may need a little breather, if Rooney is fit I would play him but other than that a pretty strong team needed. Think City will name a strong team also.

So no Smalling, Bailly, Jones, TFM apparently. Oh if City put anything like a decent attacking line up we are gonna get owned. A centre back partnership of Rojo and Blind fills me with all kind of dread.

Mkhitryan is in the squad but Martial isn't. Hope we see Mikky at some point! But as it stands right now, the next round looks a long way away!

Oh dear we could be in for another Sunday. I can imagine City will take the opportunity to crush us when we're down.

Team v City: De Gea, Valencia, Rojo, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Rashford, Ibrahimovic.

Subs: Romero, Darmian, Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Lingard, Memphis, Young.

Defense awful and again no youngsters!

Sorry but Jose is opening himself up here. I get he wants a result but City aren't at full strength so beat them and it's pretty much expected and you should have... Lose and you're in a world of trouble.

But I mean seriously? Rojo!!!

No Mkhitryan, it gets said that he needs match sharpness, how he is going to get that when he isn't even on the bench? Deary me.

Not just Rojo but Rojo at right centre back!!

No Mkhitryan, it gets said that he needs match sharpness, how he is going to get that when he isn't even on the bench? Deary me.

Not just Rojo but Rojo at right centre back!!

Absolutely agree with you mate! Horrible decisions that aren't going to help Jose to settle the team. Surely you go with TFM or Tuanzebe? A young player who could give you a really strong performance and give you an option with Bailly out?

And Jose wonders why people have a go at his record with young players? He's opened this up for himself when you pick someone like Rojo!

Exactly this game was tailor made to see what Tuanzebe is all about, also surely TFM is injured because he's been in the cup squads. Pep hasn't had a problem with giving starts to Maffeo and Garcia and Klopp had no problems giving Ejaria and Alexander-Arnold starts last night. I know it's a big game but it's nights like this you could make a young player get accustomed to the big league.

Rojo is an awful awful centre back, a slightly less worse left back but still awful.

Exactly this game was tailor made to see what Tuanzebe is all about, also surely TFM is injured because he's been in the cup squads. Pep hasn't had a problem with giving starts to Maffeo and Garcia and Klopp had no problems giving Ejaria and Alexander-Arnold starts last night. I know it's a big game but it's nights like this you could make a young player get accustomed to the big league.

Rojo is an awful awful centre back, a slightly less worse left back but still awful.

It's like I've said... Jose here is just opening himself up to a lot of problems. Win and it's a case of "well you should have, City are not at full strength", draw or worse and knives will be out and more questions will be asked. Given the absence of Bailly you just have to give a youngster a chance.

Yeah he really was!

So we play a 3 in midfield with a number 10 in front and yet Pogba isn't part of the 3 in midfield? That makes no sense! Actually no sorry I'm not sure it is 3 in midfield... I'm not altogether sure what the formation is but it isn't working and Pogba isn't a 10!!!

We seem to be second best to everything at the moment and our passing is woeful!

I've said before and I don't really get it but why technically do we look so awful?! This goes back to last year and the year before and I don't get it.

Ibra is a technically gifted player but so far his touch and vision have been awful. And it is the same with Pogba! These are guys who are wonderfully gifted but everything bounces off them or gets away from them. What is that all about?

Really good goal... Not sure why they'd think there was a foul in the build up? Only foul I saw was on Herrera that would have been a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back