Kylian Mbappe’s future?

Apparently he told the club he wants them to sell Neymar and bring in Ousmane Dembele from Barca.

Leonardo (sporting director) and Poch both expected to leave this summer.

Madrid must be fuming missed both Haaland and Mbappe this summer

It's well known he said if Neymar went he'd stay. Problem is, who's buying Neymar.
The rumour is he gets a say on players and manager. The whole deal seems daft.
I'm disappointed he didn't chase his dream and ambition and join Madrid. Football really is sad these days

Wow, incredible money he's going to earn. Crazy. 1.6m a week, plus 200m signing on or something crazy
Still think he should have gone to Madrid. It's not like they weren't offering silly money too

It's well known he said if Neymar went he'd stay. Problem is, who's buying Neymar.
The rumour is he gets a say on players and manager. The whole deal seems daft.
I'm disappointed he didn't chase his dream and ambition and join Madrid. Football really is sad these days
I guess he’s still only 23 so plenty of time to get to Madrid. Rinse PSG for all the money he can, then make the move. It is a surprising move but footballers careers can be cut short in the blink of an eye, so sometimes you’ve got to take the money.

Madrid have been shamed in the market here. Already complaining to UEFA about the money involved.
Not sure what they do appease their fans, other than buy someone from Barca. And they haven't really got anyone.

Mbappe probably has burnt his bridges with Madrid, who can afford that money

Whatever happened to FFP

Madrid have been shamed in the market here. Already complaining to UEFA about the money involved.
Not sure what they do appease their fans, other than buy someone from Barca. And they haven't really got anyone.

Mbappe probably has burnt his bridges with Madrid, who can afford that money

Whatever happened to FFP

FFP was put on hold due to Covid and the rules change soon plus we've seen how weak the rules are.

I do think a lot of the stuff that's been released in the press will be nonsense coming from the Spanish end things like him picking the players/managers and all that I'm just not buying that. The owners at PSG will not let anyone have that sort of control over them they are royalty they don't accept being told what to do.

Madrid/La Liga are right to highlight this but it does sound like sour grapes as I'm sure La Liga were hoping Mbappe would help them sell bigger TV contracts as Spain is lacking star power right now. This money being pumped into the game without consequence does have a trickle down impact on all clubs as players will now start asking for more and more encouraging clubs to go into debt.

As for what do Madrid do next you wonder if Salah's agents phone has rung a few times this week.

I dunno they've been pretty sensible lately since that Hazard deal went so badly I think they're a bit cautious about laying down loads of cash for players older players now.

Salah does look to fit perfectly with Benzema in the centre and Vinicious on the left you can see Salah slotting perfectly on that right side of a front 3 and unlike Hazard he's a player who keeps himself in incredible shape.

Hazard had on off seasons at Chelsea, Salah has been pretty solid the last few seasons.

But as Keane said, you put Ronaldo in that Liverpool team he scores similar amount of goals to Salah, you put Salah in this united team, he's not getting the same amount of goals as Ronaldo.

Yeah Hazard was a crazy one they paid £130m for a guy in the last year of his contract but for me Hazard was the best player in the prem when he was here but he was pretty open about not always being the best professional during the summer he'd put weight on then get it off when the season started.

Just hasn't worked for him at Madrid injuries have started to hit possibly as a result of not always looking after his body and he's just never got going and they're basically stuck with him as no one will buy him now.

I think Keane had a point to score 20 goals in a team as bad as this Utd one is pretty impressive but I still think Salah scores a lot of goals in an average side as he creates so much for himself and his finishing is lethal. Salah has gone off the boil in the second half of the season though.

Even with only a year left Liverpool would want a huge fee for him.

Mahrez/Sterling are linked with moves away from City at the moment but not sure Real would go for them.

First interview, not ruling out a future Madrid move.
Jeez, surely you can skirt that question a bit better 1 day into your new deal

First interview, not ruling out a future Madrid move.
Jeez, surely you can skirt that question a bit better 1 day into your new deal
Nah he does what he wants. He says what he wants and acts how he wants. And PSG just allow him to do it. It's quite laughable really. I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near United no matter how good a player he is.

What more do you expect him to say footballers never close doors.

Everyone knows it's his dream move but he's sticking around for another 1, 2 or 3 years.

Even if he does 2 more seasons with PSG then goes he's still only 25 so if he stays healthy he'll still be in his prime.

I was very surprised he stayed but maybe he feels he wants to be the guy to put Paris on top before making a move away.

I was very surprised he stayed but maybe he feels he wants to be the guy to put Paris on top before making a move away.
Sorry bud but it's got nothing to do with that. He's stayed for the money and because PSG have given him so much power. Top players do not spend a chunk of their young careers at PSG. They win the league at a canter and don't really need to try. Then in Europe they get found out because they don't face real competition every week.

Sorry bud but it's got nothing to do with that. He's stayed for the money and because PSG have given him so much power. Top players do not spend a chunk of their young careers at PSG. They win the league at a canter and don't really need to try. Then in Europe they get found out because they don't face real competition every week.

Real Madrid would have been chucking the kitchen sink at him as well so there has to be something else at play here. Also, being the big star at Madrid will make you so much more off the pitch from sponsors than it does at PSG as the audience for Madrid is probably 10 times what PSG get across the world.

PSG won't have given him the power everyone is talking about they might have some verbal agreement to involve him in some decisions but it's not like he'll have the veto power over managers and signings. Also, Messi basically picked the team at Barca for a decade the very top players get this sort of privilege. If Pep left tomorrow do you think their board would hire a new boss without speaking to some of the senior players?

They get found out because in Europe top teams can just open up on you if you let your guard down for a split second. PSG have got to many star names in that side they need to address that but that is tricky as Messi isn't going anywhere for 12 months and Neymar probably isn't either.

World Cup mid season probably not a good idea to totally unsettle things for any of these players.

In the last few years they've gone semi final, final, second round (vs a team that got to the final) it's hardly a disaster that competition is so much about luck. You need the big moments to go your way and it's fair to say this season vs Madrid the big moments didn't go their way.

What more do you expect him to say footballers never close doors.

Everyone knows it's his dream move but he's sticking around for another 1, 2 or 3 years.

Even if he does 2 more seasons with PSG then goes he's still only 25 so if he stays healthy he'll still be in his prime.

It's the day after he signed.

He should have said.

I've just signed a new deal, I'm not thinking about my next one yet.

Next question

His answer was disrespectful, to the fans, and the oweners who have just given him 500m, not 24 hours after his deal

It's the day after he signed.

He should have said.

I've just signed a new deal, I'm not thinking about my next one yet.

Next question

His answer was disrespectful, to the fans, and the oweners who have just given him 500m, not 24 hours after his deal

To be honest his PR team should have told the journalist conducting the interview that it was no questions about Madrid but I'd rather the players be honest about the situation.

He's signed for 3 years and I'm sure he'll give PSG everything he's got while he's there and when it's time to go somewhere else he will go.

Football fans need to stop being so sensitive I saw his answer it was fine and the journalist asking the questions pushed him again and he gave the standard "never say never" response that all footballer give but in the interview he was very positive about PSG.

Posted on Sancho's social media. So it defo means he's coming in the summer with Bellingham and the Sheikh :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's probably the last thing Levy wanted to hear, he may yet have to sell Kane to United. And if he doesn't want to 'sell' he can just 'swap' him for Maguire and Sancho.

Looks like he's up for sale this summer, I doubt real can afford him after Bellingham and the need to replace Benzema. I'll think he'll go on a free next summer no matter what PSG want to do

Madrid can afford him they've not been spending mega money over the last few years keeping it in the back pocket for Mbappe.

Not sure he's a replacement for Benzema he wants to play wide rather than be the number 9 which creates a problem with Vini.

he's definitley not a replacement for Benzema, completley different roles, hence my point about money

Maybe they wouldnt be able to afford Bellingham, Mabappe and Kane, so Kane might be on the cards for united again.

No they wouldn't be going for Kane and Mbappe together. Had quite a few big departures off the wage bill this summer with Hazard, Ascencio and Benzema all departing.

Thing is you look at what Barca probably need right now and their left side is a bit weak but they've got no money.

Even if the last year of his deal how much is this guy worth?

More than Bellingham without a doubt, love to see him at united, but why leave PSG for united, even if we did have the money.

Would be bad news for Garnacho too

I think with Mbappe if he's on the market you need to try and be in the conversation.

Can't see us getting him his transfer fee and wages are going to be off the scale given the work that needs doing on our squad it would be blowing the whole budget on 1 player which won't work.

In terms of where he could go it's City or Madrid but he needs to get out of PSG and play in a tougher league in a club that is run seriously.

Be some signing for any new owner.

If he goes to city......geeez, nightmare

It would be the ultimate statement signing. If he’s available and keen then we need to go all in.

why would you leave PSG for united though, if he's leaving there he wants CL, and we aren't getting that for a good few years, there's not even the gurantee we'll qualify next season.

The only positive is he did like that post a few months back about about the Qatar bid.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back