Kylian Mbappe’s future?

If that's true lets hope it means Madrid buy Haaland instead.

Mbappe would be an idiot to stay at that club

I heard his family had been out to Qatar to see the owners but they are also then going to meet with Madrid.

That lad needs to get as far away from that idiot Neymar as possible.

PSG needs some serious work done to fix it's problems.

there is every chance they are willing to sell Neymar to keeo Mbappe

Shows how deluded they are then if that's the plan as they've just given Neymar a whopping new deal no club can afford to buy him.

Unless they think Newcastle are going to go mad and try to buy Neymar not that Neymar would move there by the way I just see no way for him to move.

Reports are Pogba is joining them so there's even less structure in that team next season they are a mess of a club.

I get why they are desperate to keep Mbappe but Mbappe needs to see past the money and get out of there.

Madrid might buy Nemar, they are stupid enough.

I don't think he'll turn Madrid down myself. Because if he does, they might not come knocking again

Madrid aren't as stupid as they were years ago since they got burned for Hazard they've massively changed their transfer policy.

They're going after younger players now still room for the odd star but it's not been ego signings for a while there.

I think even they can see Neymar is past his best now and in decline it's the same reason I don't think they'll offer a contract to Pogba despite them probably needing to refresh the midfield they do have currently.

Could be right on Mbappe but if he's still lighting it up week after week they'll be back for him. The question for Madrid is at what cost if they pay him stupid wages like the 50m a year being reported that will create big problems with everyone else they need to hold their nerve and offer him something they can actually afford.

Madrid aren't as stupid as they were years ago since they got burned for Hazard they've massively changed their transfer policy.

They're going after younger players now still room for the odd star but it's not been ego signings for a while there.

I think even they can see Neymar is past his best now and in decline it's the same reason I don't think they'll offer a contract to Pogba despite them probably needing to refresh the midfield they do have currently.

Could be right on Mbappe but if he's still lighting it up week after week they'll be back for him. The question for Madrid is at what cost if they pay him stupid wages like the 50m a year being reported that will create big problems with everyone else they need to hold their nerve and offer him something they can actually afford.
He will get the biggest contract ever at Madrid. Also his sign on fee will be huge too. That will block Real for Haaland but i think that he would have still ended at City anyway. Real can't still use Benzema for 2 or 3 years as he aged well like Ronaldo.

A lot of reports he's signed a new contract with PSG. £85m signing on fee. £43m a year. 2 year deal 1 year option.

That's been knocking about for a while. But I've read other reports too.
Ligue 1 want them to reduce their wage bill. They have something like the first 18 highest paid players in the league. Then there were photos of his house with packing boxes

It's a lot of money to turn down though. Even if your dream is Madrid

That's been knocking about for a while. But I've read other reports too.
Ligue 1 want them to reduce their wage bill. They have something like the first 18 highest paid players in the league. Then there were photos of his house with packing boxes

It's a lot of money to turn down though. Even if your dream is Madrid
In France, it's all over the media, that he will stay. New contract is for 2 year with an option for one more. He will get 50m€ a year and a sign on fee of 100m€ ! This is disgusting, it's money over glory for him. As a neutral, it's very hard to understand how he thinks. He should realize that Real will help him get many CL title. They got the final without him, so why give in to money ? This is stupid.

In l'équipe today his mum says he prefers to leave

I must say, the longer the silence the more it points to staying I would think.

Who knows, go for big money, or play for the you've dreamed of.

Maybe he's hanging on to see if United offer

I know I said career is important but my god that isn't just life changing money for you that is giving your family the sort of wealth that should last forever.

I guess what we don't know is what Madrid are offering him their offer could be just as crazy.

One stat I saw is PSG's wage bill accounts for 40% of the wage bill for the entire top flight in France so add all the clubs wage bills together and 40% of that is paid to PSG players. 18 of the top 20 earners are at PSG.

It is not good for the league especially when you see how far the tentacles of power go as I believe Qatar provide the leagues TV deal, the PSG president sits on the UEFA exec committee and is chair of the european club association. So as a club PSG now have huge power and influence that will no doubt make them richer and more powerful as they will not be looking to bring everyone up with them.

Losing Mbappe would be bad for the French leagues TV contracts as he's a start people want to watch but equally is it right that 1 player in your league earns as much as some clubs probably pay the entire squad?

ahem

One stat I saw is PSG's wage bill accounts for 40% of the wage bill for the entire top flight in France so add all the clubs wage bills together and 40% of that is paid to PSG players. 18 of the top 20 earners are at PSG.
:p

the money being offered by PSG is ridiculous. It certainly would turn your head.

But I imagine he'll become a very wealthy man at Madrid too, where you will win trophies. La Liga is bit more of a prize than Ligue 1.
Can PSG shift Neymar? Who would want Neymar? I mean they have to reduce that wage bill to pay someone nearly 1m a week. I can't see anyone being interested in Neymar so they are stuck with him.

Le Parisian saying he's going to sign at PSG, L'Equipe his mum saying he wants to go.

I think he'll go, I hope he goes, or it's a dark day for football. Worlds best player chooses money over ambition.

They just gave Neymar a new deal so he's not going anywhere as no one will but him at this point you'd struggle to give him away for free as the contract he's on is huge and there's serious questions over his fitness going forward. He misses a lot of games for PSG and his performances this year from what I've read when he is fit are well below what they were in previous seasons.

You say ambition but he could say since he's been at PSG they've been in a CL semi final and final and he is staying because he wants to try and deliver that first CL title to his home town team before he moves on. He could easily argue he's showing loyalty to the club that spent fortunes to bring him in all those years ago and this way it means if he stays 1 more year they can get a transfer fee for him.

Will be interesting to see what he does he may feel he's better waiting another year until Benzema is out of the way to pass the mantle on to Mbappe.

Maybe this way it allows Madrid to get Haaland in this summer and Mbappe comes next summer if those two feel the best thing for them to do is to team up in the way Neymar/Messi or Ronaldo/Benzema did rather than go head to head. The key thing for those partnerships was 1 person in that partnership knew they were the number 2 not sure if Mbappe/Haaland have that in them.

I don't think being loyal is saying you want to leave to go to Madrid, then deciding to stay because you've been offered 1m a week. If you think that is being loyal I question your ethics :p
It doesn't matter how big PSG think they are, no-one anywhere in football thinks winning Ligue 1 is an achievement. I even think if they won the CL they still wouldn't be classed as a big club. They just have big money.

Of course no one is going to want Neymar, stupid money with a inconsistant ability. That's what I said in my post. But it is true they need to reduce their wage bill, especially if he accepts that offer, it's also true Neymar leaving would further entice Mbappe to stay. There is just nowhere for Neymar to go. Another wasted career chasing the money.

if someone forced me to bet, I say he goes to Madrid. (which, with my betting history, means he stays)

Can spin it however you want though not saying I'd believe just saying he could certainly tell the story that way if he wanted to.

In 2022 having big money makes you a big club and you see a lot of kids walking around in PSG kits now in the same way you might see kids walking around in Milan shirts twenty years ago. Times change and big clubs can give the "back in my day" stuff all they want but players really only care about the here and now and PSG right now are a big club.

I'm guessing they'll look to reduce the wage bill by trying to get rid of big earners that don't really play. Not sure how easy it will be to move on players like Herrera/Wijnaldum/Ramos/Navas/Icardi/Draxler. Bet these lads are on mega wages that other clubs just won't pay. I also think they'd happily move Messi on if they could but they're likely stuck with him for another year as he'll be on crazy bucks as well.

I guess they're probably hoping get Zidane in for a year and hope he can be that "Galactico whisperer" type manager he was at Real Madrid and get all these lads to work together for each other.

Crazy to think that a team that PSG walked all over for 135 minutes of a 180 minute tie are now in the CL final. For 75% of that Real Madrid game they gave that Madrid side an absolute pounding but then in what has become their trademark they threw it all away.

Does kids buying tops make you a big club.

I would say the best player in the world wanting to leave, and you having to basically pay outrageous money to keep him says otherwise.

I don't think money makes you a big club, Saudi buy CSKA Sofia, and spend loads of money winning their league, but never win anything else. Are they are big club? For me, Marseille are a bigger club.

PSG is a club players go to for money, not for ambition. Pogba will go there, coz no one else will pay the money he wants, if Juve, Madrid or Barca came in for him with PSG, he doesn't go to PSG.

No but it's a sign of growth I never used to see kids in City kits where I live now I see them all the time you rarely saw a kid in a PSG top but now I see them all the time. I bet on FIFA loads of kids play as PSG. They also have an exclusive deal with Nike that relates to their Jordan range which is a huge brand link. When I go on holiday it actually worries me a bit that you don't see the dodgy Utd shirts for sale on the beach front anymore probably because kids don't buy them.

However, they are clearly the dominant force in their domestic league which is one of the top 5 European leagues... is it actually much weaker than the Bundesliga? They are now consistently getting to the quarter finals and beyond in the champions league so you have to say they are now pretty established as a big club. Obviously if Qatar pulled the plug tomorrow the whole thing crashes like a house of cards and they go bust but right now they are a big club.

You are right Marseilles are a big club as are Lyon but PSG now have put themselves up there they are very well supported locally they probably won't grow their domestic support much outside of Paris but outside of France their fanbase will be growing year on year.

Salah is also holding Liverpool to ransom at the moment, Messi did the same to Barcelona for a decade as did Ronaldo at Madrid. Contract talks are all a big game of bluff and for Mbappe he's got all the cards stacked in his favour. He has the richest club in the world desperate to keep him and every other club in the world willing to pay big money for him. He's used the same tactic Messi did run that deal right to the end and see if they panic.

I think moving to PSG at the time made sense but I do agree he's outgrown them he needs to go and challenge himself in one of the bigger leagues. Prem, Spain or Italy I think are now the top 3 leagues in Europe in that order the French league is a decent standard and a great place to develop talent but it's time for him to go and perform in front of the biggest audiences because he is that good.

Couple of lads at my tennis club wear PSG Mbappe tops. I imagine next season they will be wearing Madrid Mbappe tops.

No but it's a sign of growth I never used to see kids in City kits where I live now I see them all the time you rarely saw a kid in a PSG top but now I see them all the time. I bet on FIFA loads of kids play as PSG. They also have an exclusive deal with Nike that relates to their Jordan range which is a huge brand link. When I go on holiday it actually worries me a bit that you don't see the dodgy Utd shirts for sale on the beach front anymore probably because kids don't buy them.
My nephew has recently got into football and I asked him the other day what team he supported and he said City. The little punk.

He went down in my estimation that day.

did you say, I asked what FOOTBALL team you supported, not charity.

I never chose a club because of results. If I did I'd be a Liverpool fan

I never chose a club because of results. If I did I'd be a Liverpool fan
Most kids become fan of there local team, the most succesfull team or the club of there parent. This day they play FIFA and FM and always look for the stars players. Mbappe is the biggest young stars and City got Phoden. The kids dream about them. Sadly they looked at Rashford before is injury, but he stoped playing football since.

the old "been spotted in Madrid" knocking about :rolleyes:

EDIT

seen the photo's, he is in Madrid. I'm pleased he's putting ambition over money. But not surprised, his dream has been Madrid.

According to reports on Sunday he’s going to announce on TV whether he’s chosen to stay at PSG or leaving for Madrid - like it’s some sort of game show.

Just announce it now you doughnut.

I read today PSG have offered a say on managers and new players.
Hopefully that's BS
Anyway, can't see him anywhere but Madrid to be honest

According to reports on Sunday he’s going to announce on TV whether he’s chosen to stay at PSG or leaving for Madrid - like it’s some sort of game show.

Just announce it now you doughnut.

Another one of these NBA wannabes.

LeBron James famously announced his "decision" live on TV when he left the cavs to join the heat then Griezmann did a similar thing when he announced he was staying at Atletico Madrid rather than going to Barca (he went 12 months later) now Mbappe doing the same.

Terrible decision unless he knows certain players are leaving and they are going to build a younger hungrier side rather than stock up with expensive free signings.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back