Kylian Mbappe’s future?

Was listening to a podcast that said he's due 77m in bonuses if he stays to the end of next season.

The Saudi offer only matters if he's willing to go there if he tells PSG there is no way he's going to Saudi it really doesn't matter what they offer PSG.

PSG will back down they aren't going to sit him in the stands all year because if they do no top player is ever going to sign with them again. I can see them agreeing a new deal where he gets even more money to activate the 1 year extension option in his deal but there's a release clause put in for next summer to make the move to Madrid happen.

PSG are in such a massive hole with FFP that this might be the only way they can make it work.

Was listening to a podcast that said he's due 77m in bonuses if he stays to the end of next season.

The Saudi offer only matters if he's willing to go there if he tells PSG there is no way he's going to Saudi it really doesn't matter what they offer PSG.

PSG will back down they aren't going to sit him in the stands all year because if they do no top player is ever going to sign with them again. I can see them agreeing a new deal where he gets even more money to activate the 1 year extension option in his deal but there's a release clause put in for next summer to make the move to Madrid happen.

PSG are in such a massive hole with FFP that this might be the only way they can make it work.

Pfft, you can find the time to listen/read about something non-United related, but you can't spare the time to research who the United u7 left-back is, priorities young man, naughty-step or 200-lines, your choice ....

Pfft, you can find the time to listen/read about something non-United related, but you can't spare the time to research who the United u7 left-back is, priorities young man, naughty-step or 200-lines, your choice ....

Maybe if you started a Utd youth podcast I could listen to that while cutting the grass.

Rumours of this deal are ridiculous.

1 year 13m a week contract.

All of the figures around Mbappe are fantasy land stuff. From the €160m bid a skint Madrid apparently put in for him last summer, only for PSG to turn it down. £259m bid for one year and 13m/week in wages from a very much not skint Al-Hilal. I mean, who is turning that down to sit on the bench for a year heading into the Euros? The whole thing is madness.

Maybe if you started a Utd youth podcast I could listen to that while cutting the grass.

Yeah okay, give me a couple of days to set it up ....

"Google how the hell do you set-up a podcast, and can you easily exploit gullible people and make loadsa money"

How many acres have you got Mr P?

Yeah okay, give me a couple of days to set it up ....

"Google how the hell do you set-up a podcast, and can you easily exploit gullible people and make loadsa money"

How many acres have you got Mr P?

Need to start out doing it for free to build your audience then get money from ads then try to get people to pay for ad free versions. Already got your name the Just Insider podcast.

The turbulent weather lately meant the flymo needed to be emptied 4 times yesterday just to do 1 cut. More grass in a 6 yard box than in my back garden.

Was sceptical about the Mbappe thing earlier but if he’s being offered 600m a year he’d be mad not to take it.

Apparently he's turned down talks with the Saudi's isn't interested in going there.

I didn’t think the move would happen really. Sounds like he has his eyes on Madrid so would rather go out on loan for a year or sit on the bench to make it happen.

Maybe he has some morals as well and doesn’t want to be associated with Saudi.

I think it's just a big game of bluff.

He knows PSG aren't going to sit him on the bench all season and PSG know they aren't going to sit him on the bench all season. They're just desperate to get Madrid to the table with an offer.

Even if Madrid did make them an offer of say 100m then Mbappe is still probably going to want PSG to pay up the bonuses he's entitled to because he's being forced out a year early.

I know I am very critical of United players sticking around just to collect a few extra million in wages, but Mbappe is really going to leave almost three-quarters of a BILLION quid on the table for one bloody season? I know principle and morality matter, but that's generational money that sets his family up for centuries. For one year. Take the money, do whatever good you need to do with it to ease your conscience and then fulfill your football ambitions with Madrid for the rest of your career. Insanity.

He does buckets for poor kids in Paris, much like Rashford. He could do a lot of good with that money.

They had a French football journo on R5, just after the bid was accepted, who said he'd never go there though.

If I was Mbappe I'd be worried about ever receiving the money if you move to Saudi you are governed by their laws if they suddenly decide they don't want to pay you the full amount what happens then?

I'm assuming they're paying him all that cash to be a figurehead and attract more talent to the Saudi league. Withholding payment pretty much puts a full stop to anyone else going there, which entirely defeats the purpose.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sounds like he could just hang around for a season before getting his move to Madrid. PSG can’t do much about it, so they may use him or decide to let him stew on the bench.

I think they'll eventually buckle and play him if he sticks around and he knows that.

Looks like he's off to Madrid

Thank gawd for that, not sure I cope if he went to a prem team.

I think it's the best place for him.

I do wonder if Qatar will be looking for a way out of PSG once he's gone I think they got what they wanted with the world cup in 2022 and with Saudi moving into football they can't really compete with that. My guess is they'll scale back the spending and look to make PSG more sustainable by focusing on bringing through all the top young French talent rather than build the team of superstars to win a European Cup.

Did see something that part of the decision to leave means Mbappe gives up a huge bonus he would have been due if he stays so PSG do get some thing in return but it's time for him to go and show what he can do on a bigger stage.

Still not sure how Madrid are going to fit Mbappe, Vini and Bellingham together into a forward line but they've got the best man for the job to work out that problem in Ancelotti as he's a very adaptable coach.

Reported in France over the weekend that it's done deal he's off to Madrid this summer.

Sad thing is, our club probably didn't even enter his thinking. Sign of the times.

As good as he is I don't think he's worth the hassle.

If he thinks he's going to turn Madrid into Mbappe FC like he has at PSG he's got another thing coming, he's going to have to start being part of the team.

If he can adapt to that he'll be an even better player.

Rumours in Spain he's agreed a contract with Madrid. Pay cut, but still will earn more than Bellingham.

Shocker! This was always going to be the outcome when he left PSG.

This will definitely propel that Madrid squad which isn’t as strong as years gone by.

Shocker! This was always going to be the outcome when he left PSG.

This will definitely propel that Madrid squad which isn’t as strong as years gone by.

I dunno they've got a really good front 3 this season who all seem to work well together and share the responsibility for goals.

They need Mbappe, Vinicius Jr and Bellingham to get on quickly tension between those two could be a big problem. Bellingham probably sees himself as an equal to Mbappe in terms of ability even if he is earlier in his career. He doesn't strike me as someone who's going to accept someone coming in and trying to be big time around the squad.

I dunno they've got a really good front 3 this season who all seem to work well together and share the responsibility for goals.

They need Mbappe, Vinicius Jr and Bellingham to get on quickly tension between those two could be a big problem. Bellingham probably sees himself as an equal to Mbappe in terms of ability even if he is earlier in his career. He doesn't strike me as someone who's going to accept someone coming in and trying to be big time around the squad.
Yeah they’ve undoubtedly got some real talent going forward with Vinicius, Bellingham, Rodrygo and now Mbappe but I think they still come a little short in some areas. The midfield is aging with Kroos and Modric, although they do have Camavinga and Valverde in the wings. The defence also could be better reinforced. Also their striking options are limited now Benzema has gone. Joselu is the back up and granted he’s doing well for them but they would want that little more quality off the bench.

No doubting they have quality players but probably need to strengthen a few areas.

Guess that’s the worry with Mbappe that he thinks he it and that ruffles a few feathers in the dressing room.

Yeah they’ve undoubtedly got some real talent going forward with Vinicius, Bellingham, Rodrygo and now Mbappe but I think they still come a little short in some areas. The midfield is aging with Kroos and Modric, although they do have Camavinga and Valverde in the wings. The defence also could be better reinforced. Also their striking options are limited now Benzema has gone. Joselu is the back up and granted he’s doing well for them but they would want that little more quality off the bench.

No doubting they have quality players but probably need to strengthen a few areas.

Guess that’s the worry with Mbappe that he thinks he it and that ruffles a few feathers in the dressing room.

Feels like it'll be Rodrygo who misses out if they stick with this 4-3-1-2 system with Bellingham behind Mbappe and Vini next season. But both those strikers want to drift in from the left side so the worry has to be making sure they don't get in each others way.

Ancelotti is sticking around and one thing he's great at is adapting he isn't totally wed to 1 idea of playing he'll adjust it to suit what he has so not doubt he'll work up a way of playing that fits every one in.

Think with Mbappe he'll need to show he can play as part of a team not just try to be the main man as at Madrid that just doesn't work.

Madrid should have La Liga titles wrapped up for the next few years at least at Barcelona are in a complete mess and it's going to take them a while to get out of it.

The money some players are getting is obscene it’s the part of football that makes me sick.

Think with Mbappe he'll need to show he can play as part of a team not just try to be the main man as at Madrid that just doesn't work
See Ronaldo

It's not the first time you have said that, Mbappe is definitely a team player. Just because he wants loads of cash doesn't make him a selfish player, just a selfish person.

I mean all forwards have to be a little selfish, how many times have we seen Garnacho, Bruno, Rashford etc be selfish and make the wrong decisions, and that's just at united.

Difference is, Mbappe generally makes the right decisions

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back