King Ralf The Interim Manager

great, but how worse would we be off? it's either top 4 or not.

However you look at, appointing Ralf was a mistake. Even if Ole finished 10th, it's no real difference.

I think Ole would have got us 4th, you don't, we'll never know. But we do know Ralf didn't.

You reckon? We were sinking like an absolute stone under Ole! And Ralf just hasn’t been able to stem the tide of the poor form.

I have no doubt we'd have finished top 4 under Ole. Eventually he'd have give up on the new style of play and gone back to what worked.

I have no doubt we'd have finished top 4 under Ole. Eventually he'd have give up on the new style of play and gone back to what worked.
I was a firm fan and supporter of Ole but to think Ole would of got us top four ‘no doubt’ is slightly delusional.

He didn’t have a plan b style, he relied on counter attacking and individual quality to win games. He didn’t have us playing as a team by the end (if ever to be honest), the confidence of every one of our players was shot to pieces. We had just been smashed and humiliated by a dreadful Watford team. This was during a run of one win in seven games. Taking into consideration everything I have just said, him getting top four ‘no doubt’ is a stretch.

Ole restored the soul of the club and did some good things but as a coach he was average.

Whats our current Plan A, let alone Plan B

If we'd brought a decent manager fair enough, but we brought in a worse one.

great, but how worse would we be off? it's either top 4 or not.

However you look at, appointing Ralf was a mistake. Even if Ole finished 10th, it's no real difference.

I think Ole would have got us 4th, you don't, we'll never know. But we do know Ralf didn't.

Sacking Ole was the right move but the interim plan as it was "sold" to us probably hasn't worked but they had to do something.

I do think where it backfired was they didn't expect Carrick, McKenna and the goalkeeping coach to follow Ole out the door so Rangnick had to go and hire some coaches who probably are worse than the ones Ole had.

We obviously don't know how the season pans out if we kept Ole to the end of the season my guess is we probably end up where we are now finish 6th or 7th and out of the cups before they get interesting.

There was a bit of a pick up after Rangnick came in but it didn't last long and losing Greenwood just after you send Martial on loan has left him short. Had Greenwood's behaviour been exposed earlier then Utd probably do something different in January. If we'd appointed a permanent manager maybe we get some January signings like Spurs did to reinforce us and get the top 4.

Ralf is a joke. I have seen enought of him to know he will not change anything. He keep playing bad players again and again, expecting a different ending. Can someone explain why Maguire and AWB are allowed to play ? Why he can't stop Bruno going for Hollywood pass 9 Times out of 10. Who is RW ? Why he still as not played 433 flat like Pool or City. Pathetic. The only thing good about him, is if he can help us get the Leipzig players. I want Gvardiol and Laimer in, they are exceptionnal and young age.

Ralf is a joke. I have seen enought of him to know he will not change anything. He keep playing bad players again and again, expecting a different ending. Can someone explain why Maguire and AWB are allowed to play ? Why he can't stop Bruno going for Hollywood pass 9 Times out of 10. Who is RW ? Why he still as not played 433 flat like Pool or City. Pathetic. The only thing good about him, is if he can help us get the Leipzig players. I want Gvardiol and Laimer in, they are exceptionnal and young age.

Maguire plays because Bailly has leaked to the press so he’s been frozen out and will go in the summer and Varane is always injured.

The one decent RW option we had is currently suspended indefinitely and potentially going to have his contract cancelled if he ends up being charged.

It has felt a lot more like 4-3-3 in games with Fred pushing higher leaving either McT or Matic as the single holding player.

Maguire plays because Bailly has leaked to the press so he’s been frozen out and will go in the summer and Varane is always injured.

The one decent RW option we had is currently suspended indefinitely and potentially going to have his contract cancelled if he ends up being charged.

It has felt a lot more like 4-3-3 in games with Fred pushing higher leaving either McT or Matic as the single holding player.
Bailly leaked that he is better than Maguire and he is right. We never played a mid 3 with a 6 and two 8. Bruno his Always chasing the ball high up and doesn't track back. Fred actually look decent as a 8. Anyway Ralf football should not look like that. Leipzig is full of fast and strong runners. At United he play players he would never play for them. Drop Maguire and AWB. Drop Bruno if he refuse to keep the shape and can't stop his headless chicken pressing. We all press together not alone and too high. The back 4 must assume a high Line, stop staying low because of a lack of pace. Just play football the right way.

I'm not sure I completely agree. I mean look Ralf has done his best work as a Sporting Director etc but I don't think he's a joke. He's working with players who don't fit what he wants to do. I mean who's his alternatives to AWB and Maguire? Dalot who's hit and miss and Lindelof who is the same. And as for Fernandes... He's a mercurial talent, not sure you can do much about that. He attempts those Hollywood passes because that's who he is.

I'm not sure I completely agree. I mean look Ralf has done his best work as a Sporting Director etc but I don't think he's a joke. He's working with players who don't fit what he wants to do. I mean who's his alternatives to AWB and Maguire? Dalot who's hit and miss and Lindelof who is the same. And as for Fernandes... He's a mercurial talent, not sure you can do much about that. He attempts those Hollywood passes because that's who he is.
I rather Dalot and Bailly over AWB and McGuire, all day long.
If Fernandes can't be coached, he must leave. It's a shame because he has a good engine and his willing to run, but he is always too close from the stricker, running like a headless chicken too high, disrupting the shape of the midfield, leaving a big hole in it. Also his hollywood pass almost every time he has a ball. Can he just keep it simple for time to time and help the possession a lil bit instead of gifting it the opposition every single time, leaving us open for a counter.

I rather Dalot and Bailly over AWB and McGuire, all day long.
If Fernandes can't be coached, he must leave. It's a shame because he has a good engine and his willing to run, but he is always too close from the stricker, running like a headless chicken too high, disrupting the shape of the midfield, leaving a big hole in it. Also his hollywood pass almost every time he has a ball. Can he just keep it simple for time to time and help the possession a lil bit instead of gifting it the opposition every single time, leaving us open for a counter.
Every player is always better when they are out of the team. Dalot is bang average and Bailly is a maverick who is always prone to doing some really bizarre things.

Ralf deserves some criticism of course but he’s no miracle worker. And a miracle worker is what you need at this club at the moment. It’s needs a total reform from top to bottom. Ralf is an easy scapegoat for the problems that have been been manifesting and eating away at the club for years.

Every player is always better when they are out of the team. Dalot is bang average and Bailly is a maverick who is always prone to doing some really bizarre things.

Ralf deserves some criticism of course but he’s no miracle worker. And a miracle worker is what you need at this club at the moment. It’s needs a total reform from top to bottom. Ralf is an easy scapegoat for the problems that have been been manifesting and eating away at the club for years.
Dalot is bang average but still has abilities to cross or shoot the ball. AWB can't do anything else than defend.
Bailly is raw but i rather a raw yet mobile player full of place than a tall fridge out of place and outpaced every single time.
The first reason why we can't assume a working high Line is McGuire.
You right, Ralf is not a Magic worker but some of his choice are just wrong.

Bailly leaked that he is better than Maguire and he is right. We never played a mid 3 with a 6 and two 8. Bruno his Always chasing the ball high up and doesn't track back. Fred actually look decent as a 8. Anyway Ralf football should not look like that. Leipzig is full of fast and strong runners. At United he play players he would never play for them. Drop Maguire and AWB. Drop Bruno if he refuse to keep the shape and can't stop his headless chicken pressing. We all press together not alone and too high. The back 4 must assume a high Line, stop staying low because of a lack of pace. Just play football the right way.

He isn’t Bailly is a massive liability who can’t play 3 matches without hobbling off. There’s a reason Mourinho, Ole and Ralf didn’t trust him enough to pick him regularly he should have been moved on by now but as always he was given a new contract for non football reasons.

Maguire may not last under the new boss but my guess is he will try him out.

Rangnick can’t play his style with these players he hasn’t got the right players to do it so let’s hope he’s leaving the list for Ten Hag of who can do what and who needs to go. He wasn’t given money to spend in January either on loan or signings so he’s had to make the most of what he’s got which is sadly a mess of a squad.

There we’re certainly a few games where Matic/McT played as the 6 and Bruno did play slightly more withdrawn as an 8. When our strikers got injured he pushed Bruno higher up with Pogba in more of a 4-4-1-1 but it didn’t work.

Sorry you can’t be considered raw at 28. A young kid yes, but not an experienced player.
You Can be 19, 25 or 30, i only look at the abilities, and i stand by the fact that pace and mobility is mandatory for a modern CB this day and Bailly has it yet McGuire doesn't and still play instead. I dont plan to play Bailly as the first choice next year, but right now we should play him, especialy when Varane is out.

If he hadn’t gone off to the press and criticised his manager or team mates he might have had a chance under Rangnick but it seems pretty clear that’s cost him and so it should.

Dalot is bang average but still has abilities to cross or shoot the ball. AWB can't do anything else than defend.
Bailly is raw but i rather a raw yet mobile player full of place than a tall fridge out of place and outpaced every single time.
The first reason why we can't assume a working high Line is McGuire.
You right, Ralf is not a Magic worker but some of his choice are just wrong.
I replied to the bit about Bailly but not about Dalot. There is always this myth that Dalot is a much better crosser but for the most part his crossing is pretty shocking! And his shooting even more so! AWB can actually deliver a really good cross.

Every interview I get the sense he just wants to absolutely lay into these bunch but he needs to keep his cool as he does have a job after this.

There has been so much criticism of Ralf and in some quarters it’s deserved, however he cannot account for his players strolling around and not making tackles. I’m sure he’s not saying in training each week to the players that’s the way to go. His reputation is taking a bit of a battering but the players are absolutely throwing him under the bus game after game.

At this point I think the manager takes some but minimal blame. These players are an utter disgrace. They don't care, they don't have any pride, they just are not good enough.

He’s a very average manager but he clearly sees the problems just hasn’t got the time to fix it.

He’s told the club what they need to do he’s said in public what they have done wrong in the last decade let’s pray this is the last time we have one of these capitulation seasons after progress is made.

He takes a lot of the blame, some of his team sheets have been awful. And these players are not as bad as they are playing. Something is not right.

He takes a lot of the blame, some of his team sheets have been awful. And these players are not as bad as they are playing. Something is not right.

They are as bad as they’ve been playing all season and those weaknesses we all saw last season were not addressed this has been the easiest team in the league to play against for a long time.

Talented players but not a team everyone playing for themselves not working together.

Injuries and other circumstances have done us in the end we went to Anfield with 6 or 7 first team players unavailable.

Realistically what else could he do last night?

Telles was awful at the weekend. Do you put him in against Salah?

He even said after the game the team didn’t do what he asked them to do he said they played into the hands of Liverpool.

I think the players clearly don't like Ralf for whatever reason. Because they are not playing for him. There is zero effort.

We played Saturday, probably they had Sunday off, so they had Monday to trial a system we have rarely played with a player who has rarely played against the best team in Europe. It was a woeful decision.

At this point it's a shambles. There is no defending Ralf. People said about Ole who else would take him in the league if he left. Whose taking Ralf?

Let's hope he really is this magician people say he is behind the scenes because he's certainly not the manager people were making out.

They are as bad as they’ve been playing all season and those weaknesses we all saw last season were not addressed this has been the easiest team in the league to play against for a long time.

Talented players but not a team everyone playing for themselves not working together.

Injuries and other circumstances have done us in the end we went to Anfield with 6 or 7 first team players unavailable.

Realistically what else could he do last night?

Telles was awful at the weekend. Do you put him in against Salah?

He even said after the game the team didn’t do what he asked them to do he said they played into the hands of Liverpool.
Well start the game with Sancho and Telles. Also start Bailly instead of Jones. There is no reason to not use Sancho from the start, there his no world where Dalot his a better LB than Telles and there is no justification to play Jones instead of Bailly. Face it, he decided from the start to gift the game to Liverpool. Anyway, the last part of your comment is the very worring. If the players dont want to listen to his instruction there is no way back. He should drop the stuborn players no latter what. As a players you should try to execute the plan designed by the manager. Why he refuse to drop McGuire ?

At this point it's a shambles. There is no defending Ralf. People said about Ole who else would take him in the league if he left. Whose taking Ralf?

Let's hope he really is this magician people say he is behind the scenes because he's certainly not the manager people were making out.
I have called him out since a long time ago. With his inabilty to play 433. The game against Norwich was the first time he played it, yet he ditched it at half time. Every other formation he tried was useless + his love for McGuire no matter how bad he play is ridiculous. When we appointed him, i was expecting big decision and a change of formation, but i have almost seen nothing of that.

Well start the game with Sancho and Telles. Also start Bailly instead of Jones. There is no reason to not use Sancho from the start, there his no world where Dalot his a better LB than Telles and there is no justification to play Jones instead of Bailly. Face it, he decided from the start to gift the game to Liverpool. Anyway, the last part of your comment is the very worring. If the players dont want to listen to his instruction there is no way back. He should drop the stuborn players no latter what. As a players you should try to execute the plan designed by the manager. Why he refuse to drop McGuire ?

Sancho has been poor in recent weeks and Telles was awful against Norwich are you really putting him up against Salah? Did Jones do anything wrong in that match? Jones has shown a spot on attitude throughout his time here and I'd be guessing that Bailly hasn't and that is why he isn't being selected ahead of him.

You can re-arrange the deck chairs all you want the titanic is still going down. To suggest he chucked the game is crazy he was faced with a pretty impossible job he's trying to cobble together an XI from players who basically don't see themselves at this club beyond the end of the season and expect them to go out and compete with the best team in Europe right now.

It is very worrying because he said for two of those goals the team did things he'd told them not to do against Liverpool which was leave spaces in wide areas like the first goal and on the third goal play a straight pass like that into what he called a "pressing zone."

Whatever way you cut it Maguire plays because he's fit to play every week and he wants to be at the club. Varane has missed 50% of the games injured, Bailly has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to be at Utd anymore.

In midfield he's got to pick two players who are leaving the club this summer, one goes off injured after 5 minutes and he has to bring on a replacement who also plans to leave the club this summer.

He's the interim manager he was given the job because he's one of the few people probably willing to take that type of job as that was all the club were willing to offer lets hope the club listen to some of the things he's said about the way forward from here even if that plan doesn't include him.

Maguire plays because he's fit to play every week and he wants to be at the club
Got to say, for me, he doesn't play like he wants to be at the club. He looks like he wants to be anywhere but at Old Trafford.

Got to say, for me, he doesn't play like he wants to be at the club. He looks like he wants to be anywhere but at Old Trafford.

By that I meant he's not gone to the press saying he wants out which is what Bailly has done.

Had Bailly kept his mouth shut and kept his head down he probably gets a chance but he went the other route so I get why Rangnick doesn't want to play him.

Feels to me like he's a player they're trying to force out the door this summer.

I keep reading that this is a talented team. And yes absolutely there are some talented players but a lot of those players really are overrated.

Maguire is a good player but he's not super talented. AWB is not a talented player at this point in his career. The midfield well we all know that lacks talent.

United have talent mostly in attack... Trouble is most teams tend to play with 3/4 attacking players so they have the talent but can only put so much of that on the field.

You can debate until the cows come home about the personnel Ralf puts out, but to be honest, you are just replacing rubbish with rubbish at this present time.

Sounds like he doesn't think he's going to be involved beyond this season. If that's correct and United don't use him beyond this year then that says it all about the club. They can't take constructive criticism and they will make the same mistakes over and over again.

Hopefully they use him to help build the behind the scenes departments that he’s saying are lacking this seemed to be his speciality at other clubs.

leave the new boss to focus on the first team.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back