Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool 2016/17

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have to say I'm surprised by this. I know he's a very very good manager... But let's be honest he didn't exactly turn them around last season? I know it's hard to judge him because it wasn't his team with his players but still. I expect them to improve this year but based on what I saw I don't think they'll improve to the top 4.

Premier League: Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool - 14th August 2016

Impressive spell in the second half by Liverpool. The fluidity and movement in attack has been good. Defensively though?

It's been a great game for the neutral but I think you have to question the championship credentials of both teams on the back of this game.

I was actually going to say that Liverpool today showed why I think they'll be in a real battle for the title... I think they have the goals in them to really challenge. If they get a good start then they will be there or thereabouts.

I was actually going to say that Liverpool today showed why I think they'll be in a real battle for the title... I think they have the goals in them to really challenge. If they get a good start then they will be there or thereabouts.

I feel the exact opposite. Liverpool do not have what it takes to close out games on current performance. They cannot control the tempo of the game. They go only one speed that is the top gear. Will be found out later in the season.

I feel the exact opposite. Liverpool do not have what it takes to close out games on current performance. They cannot control the tempo of the game. They go only one speed that is the top gear. Will be found out later in the season.

I hope you are right mate! I just think they have continuity from last year so should find their form quicker than say Chelsea, City and ourselves. I said yesterday if they can start well I think that will give them belief and they'll be in the fight all year. Make no mistakes that today was a really good result! To be 4-1 up at the Emirates on the opening day? They certainly looked like they have a lot of pace to really hurt teams.

But then they could not keep it st 4-1 could they. It felt like arsenal were the better team in the last 20 odd minutes. That is what is going to cost them imo.

But then they could not keep it st 4-1 could they. It felt like arsenal were the better team in the last 20 odd minutes. That is what is going to cost them imo.

Well we shall see... They managed to see out the game despite coming under a lot of pressure late on so time will tell. As I say, it is Liverpool so I really hope you are right.

Haha love it! Love to see Liverpool lose and maybe Burnley have shown here a way to take on and beat Liverpool?! This could spell trouble for them...

To:

After one game, Rich?

I think what I've said in another post though was if they got off to a good start?! And it's not so much that they lost but the manner in which they lost. To me it shows that they haven't learnt their lessons last year and maybe Burnley have shown how to set up against them? Liverpool like to hit teams with pace and to do that the opposition needs to have the ball... Much like Arsenal did the week before.

Liverpool have too many poor players who always make the starting line up to be considered title candidates. And what Klopp did stunk of an LVG decision in regards to Milner at left back. Sure Liverpool fans recoiled, much like what we did when Young was being played at left back. If they had no faith in Moreno, they shouldn't have sold Smith to Bournemouth, who hasn't made a bad start for them. Milner anywhere is limited, but at left back, he's a nightmare.

Liverpool have too many poor players who always make the starting line up to be considered title candidates. And what Klopp did stunk of an LVG decision in regards to Milner at left back. Sure Liverpool fans recoiled, much like what we did when Young was being played at left back. If they had no faith in Moreno, they shouldn't have sold Smith to Bournemouth, who hasn't made a bad start for them. Milner anywhere is limited, but at left back, he's a nightmare.

It's just that he's not a natural left back and in a high pressing attacking system you do need a natural full back. From time to time you can get away with it but not every game and they'll get found out. Mind you against Burnley there's no way they should lose even with Milner at left back.

Premier League: Spurs 1-1 Liverpool - 27th August 2016

One win, one draw and one loss in the three games played this season.

New arrivals: Sadio Mane, Loris Karius, Joel Matip, Ragnar Klavan, Georginio Wijnaldum, Alex Manninger

Think if you are a Liverpool fan you are a bit disappointed with that summer...

Two of those signings are keepers, one of which will never be more than a back up and not even a good one at that.

Two are defenders and to be honest I don't think are that good. I'd never heard of either and the bits I've seen so far they don't look good enough for the top level. Maybe they will grow in to the role but I don't see it.

Mane and Wjinaldum are good signings but even with Mane I'm not convinced by him game in and game out! He's the kind of player who if you're team is playing well then he'll look a world beater... But he's not going to drag the team to victory.

A bit disappointed? A lot disappointed I would imagine. Mane is a very good signing, would have been nice to see him here but the rest? Bang average. Granted they have a basis for a good team with Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge etc but sheesh when you are playing Milner at left back, you may think your squad needs more signings. Think it'll be an average season for them, they'll take some big scalps but fall short against smaller opposition. 6th if I was going to make a bet.

Result: Liverpool 4-1 Leicester City - 10th September 2016

Wins 2
Draws 1
Defeats 1

Great result and performance from what I have read... The kind of performance that leaves you scratching your head now they lost to Burnley and couldn't put Spurs away (who on the day were very very average).

Wouldn't say that a win over Leicester is that great tbh. They have been pretty average. Back to where they belong I would say.

It's a very good win over a good team... Let's not try and play that down because it's Liverpool. If we put 4 past Leicester we'd be waxing lyrical about it.

Well that very good team has a win a draw and two losses, one of which came against a team slated to be relegated. So yeah they are an average team.

Oh did I mention that they are languishing in 15th place.

Result: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool - 16th September 2016

Played 5
Wins 3
Draws 1
Defeats 1

At the start of the season Liverpool were one of six or seven teams competing for a top four finish. Nothing we've seen thus far has changed that. Still very early days though.

At the start of the season Liverpool were one of six or seven teams competing for a top four finish. Nothing we've seen thus far has changed that. Still very early days though.

That may well be the case... But in the last few weeks I've not seen anything from us that suggests we are anything more than a team fighting for top 4. Having watched all of our Premier League games so far the LVG effect seems to be greater than I first feared.

United might be competing for a top four spot, but it's way too early to draw any conclusions.

United might be competing for a top four spot, but it's way too early to draw any conclusions.

I agree it is... And that's why I'm saying that Liverpool could be in the hunt. If we are and many think we could be then for me so are they.

Premier League: Liverpool 5-1 Hull City - 24th September 2016

Played 6
Wins 4
Draws 1
Defeats 1

Seriously... Anyone who thinks this team can't finish above us really needs to stop and think again. I'm not saying that they definitely will but I think they've got a really good chance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Swansea City 1-2 Liverpool - 1st October 2016

Played 7
Wins 5
Draws 1
Defeats 1

This team are going to finish top 3 I'm sure of that! They can hammer teams, they can win tight games and their style means they will do well against the other top teams.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back