Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

England number 1 gets loaned out to mid table team for 2nd season in a row.

It's probably the best he could hope for his career has been slipping at the same rate as Rooney's since euro 2012.

Was he found out or did he just lose his focus?

I don't really think either happened. He is still City's best goalkeeper Pep just has an issue with him for no good reason.

Think it's a good move for him though and should allow him to keep the number 1 shirt for England but there are a lot of keepers breathing down his neck. Forster Butland Heaton and Pickford all have decent claims.

I don't really think either happened. He is still City's best goalkeeper Pep just has an issue with him for no good reason.

Think it's a good move for him though and should allow him to keep the number 1 shirt for England but there are a lot of keepers breathing down his neck. Forster Butland Heaton and Pickford all have decent claims.

I dunno he's vulnerable to long shots and his kicking is poor I think him being English kept him in the team both Mancini & Pellegrini dropped him at points then bought him back. He was terrible at Euro 2016 and he probably only kept his spot because Butland retired.

If Pickford has a good season he might get the shirt of Hart but it requires him making a mistake for England.

I don't think Pep would pick a fight for no reason he clearly just doesn't think Hart is very good and doesn't want him. His only chance of playing for City again is to outlast Pep and hope the next guy rates him.

Pep simply likes a goalkeeper who is good with his feet and Hart wasn't that but Bravo was abysmal and wasn't even that good with his feet. New managers come in with clear ideas of what they like and Pep didn't like Hart.

I think he's a pretty good keeper, he's obviously got a mistake in him but every keeper has that. He's not in the top top bracket of keepers but I think West Ham have got a shrewd loan signing. I would rate Hart higher than Bravo, I haven't seen Ederson but such a young man will bring mistakes, like De Gea did when he first joined us. I happen to agree with IDFD that Hart is City's best keeper but Pep just doesn't fancy him.

I haven't seen the new guy either but he's the worlds most expensive keeper so he must be pretty decent. Haha

Same not seen anything of him but he was the Benfica number 1 last season and they're pretty good so I'm going to assume he's reasonably handy.

Pep has won the Spanish league with no other than Barcelona and the German league with no other than Bayern. This guy is not some clown who doesn't know what he's doing. He's clearly not impressed with Hart, the same as most of us who have watched England over the last few years. How many times has he lat England down? I'm guessing Pep dint want to take that risk tho Claudio Bravo wasn't the best replacement by a long way.

I think Bravo just had a shocker from the moment he arrived he's not as bad as he appeared at City but he was the fall guy for a complete mess at the back last season from City they just couldn't adapt to what Pep was asking them to do and he didn't help himself by making a few individual mistakes mainly on crosses.

Joe Hart was the 2nd worst keeper in the league in Italy last season in terms of individual errors anyone who used to watch the European Football Show on BT Sport will remember the weekly feature Hart-Beat which most weeks was him letting in quite a few goals in a poor Torino side but quite often there would be one that he was completely at fault for.

The Bravo situation got so bad they ditched him and put in Cabellero who probably was the best keeper at City and he's a pretty average sort of keeper in the Sergio Romero, David Opsina, Asmir Begovic level of solid backup at a top side but not really someone you want as your number 1.

Think its been a long time coming this move. He strikes me as someone who got so lucky that his played for a nation and a club that safeguarded his position despite the mistakes that he has made. Ok Pellegrini did drop him before recalling him for a period of time but it wasn't enough and willy caballero was hardly a brick wall himself.

After getting battered 4-1 by Germany in the 2010 World cup and not even going to Euro 2008 the country was at a low football wise. Carson, Kirkland, Green, Robinson and James were all terrible between them. So in Hart we trusted his youth and built around him. I think to an extent the same things happened at City. No manager has had the "balls" to come in and challenge him as his a well paid, a national number 1 and a fans favorite. Pep has obviously watched him and decided he didn't trust him and shipped him out. Dont think you can blame him. He wasn't great at Torino last season either so his hardly proved Pep wrong. Pep just brought in the wrong replacement in Bravo.

Lets see what Hart does now. Is he driven and determined enough to make West Ham better and reprove himself again? Can he rise to Butland's and Forster's case for number 1? I personally dont think so. Think his more of a Jack Wilshere type and hasn't got the right attitude. If West Ham doesnt work out this season, his career is done.

He emerged at City at the right time they'd just come into money and he was up against an ageing Shay Given so he was able to establish himself in a side that grew as he was developing but somewhere along the line he reached a ceiling and didn't carry on improving and in his defence he wasn't helped by jittery defenses in front of him at both City & England. Had City spent big at that point and bought a keeper which was an option he probably would've bounced around the middle tier of clubs on loan before being sold on to one of them and establishing himself from there.

Hart for me symbolises a bigger issue with the national team which is we can produce 1 or 2 talents every generation but we aren't producing 10 English keepers who are playing regularly at the top level. I'm probably wrong but I guess most German sides have a German keeper then they've also got a few dotted around Europe as well so they've got a huge pool to chose from England don't really have that. Hart was the number 1 because he was the only English keeper playing Champions League level football. Hart hasn't been in good form for a while now but there's no pressure on his position in the national team it was pretty much what Rooney had until Kane & Alli emerged which pretty much forced him out. He's probably got enough good will to keep his spot until after 2018 but if he under performs again he should be out and someone else given a chance it's tough being England keeper as you don't really get to show off your quality in qualifying as most of the games are very one sided.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back