Status
Not open for further replies.
CSKA 1-1 Manchester United - 21st October 2015

Done himself no harm tonight. Good touches, good work rate. Should have scored though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, he did ok except that goalscoring opportunity. More regular game time will help him and tell us a over the time if he has the ability to be a future United player. I'd say he's worth it to be given a fair chance in the squad. I Like his direct approach to the game.

Manchester United 0-0 Manchester City - 25th October 2015

Good cameo from him today. Unlucky not to get the winner. Glad he's getting chances now, probably start v Boro.

Impressed me with his confidence, huge occasion for him and stage of the game to come on. It's the kind of confidence that could see him having a shot here. If only Wilson displayed the same confidence when he has been given opportunities, although he obviously still has plenty of time/chances to come.

Manchester United 1-0 CSKA Moscow - 3rd November 2015

Things rarely came off for him but kept plugging away and we were rewarded in the end. Would not be surprised to see him start instead of Mata on the right against West Brom.

Good Game, promising attitude, Never stopped trying

Quality and end product was missing at times, but he was a real threat.

Was a breath of fresh air tbh. Always ready to take on the defenders and try and create. His end product as bob said was missing. But I think that will come as he gets valueable minutes and experience under his belt.

He keeps going which is great even if things don't come off and eventually something will, like with the goal. Memphis gets worse as the game goes on but Jesse keeps going.

Manchester United 2-0 WBA - 7th November 2015

Not a bad first goal.

Brilliant for us today. Got the goal, a great goal but had the work rate to match. MOTM.

Absolute peach of a goal. What composure and placement for the goal. Feel like he has started growing in confidence after each game.

This goal is like what Thomas MĂĽller said in an interview at the World Cup. Precision over Power.

Fantastic first touch makes it. Van Gaal said post-match that he had to tell Lingard in training during the week to take a touch first before shooting. Seem to recall a similar story about Herrera last season.

Manchester United 0-0 PSV - 25th November 2015

His finishing is letting him down at the moment.

Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester United - 12th January 2016

Nice goal. His general play was offish and easily brushed off the ball. Crucial miss.

That was a very poor finish for what would have been his second. The finishing for his goal was exquisite. Was better than Mata has been throughout this season.

Liverpool 0-1 Manchester United - 17th January 2016

He was poor. Men against boy to be brutally critical.

He was poor today but generally I like how positive he is. When he gets the ball you can see he wants to go at the full back and I really like that about him. He and Martial are really the only ones who seem willing to drive at people. OK his end product isn't there a lot of the time but he's young. And OK today he wasn't great but he's young and we've got to take some anonymous performances sadly.

Derby County 1-3 Manchester United - 29th January 2016

Other than the assist he was fairly poor.

Manchester United 3-0 Stoke City - 2nd February 2016

despite the goal still a bit too anonymos. Should be involved more and lose the ball less. Great to see academy products combine for the opener!

He does all the right things, we should need somebody that does them a bit better I think.

Not sure I understand what he's done wrong to warrant the criticism he's been getting. Promoted from the U21s to a struggling side, doing well in my opinion. Don't think he's been much worse than his more experienced colleagues. Yes we do want better but he can play a similar squad role that Young and Park have played in the past.

It wasn't really a criticism. Like I said he plays the role quite well, probably the best we can hope for atm. I just think we need somebody better. He isn't the only player in this team I feel like that about.

Wasn't talking about you booth. Seen loads of nonsense on twitter, calling him abysmal and things like this, we've had worse players stay at the club for long periods and do well. It's his first full season in the Prem. We can't have a squad full of top players, because they'll get unhappy, you've got to have players like Lingard who are happy to do a job and be a squad player.

He is a good player. He plays his position well. Works hard. Always looking to score goals. I see no reason why he can't contribute to the squad. We do however need some better players in that position and others.

Not saying he was bad but he has room to improve. Also still searching for consistency. Quite sure he has a Future in the squad, not so sure regarding first Eleven on a regular Basis.

I think he's done well so far but there's more to come for sure.

Perhaps the issue is that actually yes he's done well but long term is he of the required standard? If we want to return to the top is Jesse Lingard really a player who will help us achieve that? I'm not saying he's not that's a genuine question!

I like Lingard and I think he's done a good job in difficult circumstances. The way we play doesn't suit our attacking players but he's one of the few who try to make things happen. Yeah he loses the ball a bit but he's young and at least he's trying.

As I said, we need better in the starting XI of course, we should always be looking for better. My comment was not aimed at anyone on here, just seen a lot of people writing him off already as a United player, of course he might not have a future here and that may even be his decision in the end if he wants to be playing more regularly, if he's happy with playing more of a squad role in the future though I think he's good enough for that role.

As I said, we need better in the starting XI of course, we should always be looking for better. My comment was not aimed at anyone on here, just seen a lot of people writing him off already as a United player, of course he might not have a future here and that may even be his decision in the end if he wants to be playing more regularly, if he's happy with playing more of a squad role in the future though I think he's good enough for that role.

Sorry mate my post wasn't meant to come across as arguing with you. I agree that he has received some perhaps unfair criticism this season when actually he's been one of the few players trying to get things going.

I like Lingard and think he could be a good squad player for us. Plus he's young so he will continue to progress you'd think... Given what we've got in the squad right now he's one of the best options that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back