Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that the link up between Lingard, Martial and Rashford has shown promise. I just don't see us being anywhere near the title debate next season with Lingard as the first choice right sided attacker. I know it's harsh but week in and week out he's just not got the consistency and overall quality.

Yeah to be honest I would imagine the plan would be to strengthen the attack with a number 9 and right winger, maybe even a centre attacking midfielder too so that would probably leave Lingard as a squad player. The competition wouldn't be a bad thing though, still sense with Jesse that he can develop further, even at 23.

See I think a right sided midfielder is very likely. A striker also very likely or a central attacking midfielder but I don't see all 3.

Rooney should be given a free role and if he is and can continue the way he has played since he returned then there's your central attacking midfielder.

I'd rather we sign a striker to be honest as I really don't want to see Rooney as the main striker unless we are desperate.

Lingard can definitely still develop but I just don't see him ever being a truly top player. He will have a good career and may even play a big role for us but that will be as a squad player.

I've seen people say he can't dribble bast players but has that ever been his game? His movement and link up play is what creates openings. He should be a good squad player for us.

For me he's an all rounder. He can go past people, pick passes out and score goals but he doesn't Excel at any one thing. He's a very balanced player who brings good movement and creation to our attack.

No I've given several reasons why he's a well balanced player but for me he's not good enough to play every game. Good player to have but not good enough to take the club back to where they want to be.

People place too much emphasis on age. Where was Vardy at 23? Some players develop early, some later. 23 is still young, I think Lingard can play a similar role to Park, pretty much did that against City the other day when he was asked to follow Fernandinho around all day. Finishing needs to be worked on but has shown in loan spells that he is very capable of scoring plenty, just not consistent enough at the minute.

Crystal Palace 1-2 Manchester United - 21st May 2016

Go on Jessie lad!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What a goal to win it! Delighted for him as he gets a lot of criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back