Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

It's no secret James Rodriguez is not a happy man in Madrid at the moment. The Colombian international has often been left on the bench since the appointment of Zinedine Zidane as Real Madrid manager, and has been jeered by fans.

A few days ago, Spanish newspaper Marca suggested the future of James Rodriguez and Isco could be elsewhere, as the La Liga giants doubt their commitment towards the club.

Marca also claimed Manchester United are interested in signing James Rodriguez, which could be the biggest transfer of the summer.

Rodriguez was given an end of the season deadline to convince Zidane, but it appears things haven't changed much, and the Colombian international is now left very frustrated at the club.

Spain's El Confidencial say it'd be a big surprise if Rodriguez stayed at the club beyond the summer, and the club wants to sell him.

His agent, Jorge Mendes, is already looking for potential buyers, but it seems Real Madrid have made it clear they want to recoup his transfer fee of €80m.

The rumours of James Rodriguez quitting Real Madrid in the summer are starting to gather pace, but it remains to be seen if Mendes can find a club willing to pay his huge transfer fee, or Real Madrid keep him for another season.

Jorge Mendes is close to Manchester United, and that definitely gives them an advantage, should the claims they're interested hold any truth.

We've said it several times in the past, El Confidencial are quite reliable in Spain, and it does seem Rodriguez could be switching clubs in the summer. This is similar to how their Angel Di Maria exit stories started, and we all know what happened with that.

Signing James Rodriguez would provide Edward Woodward with a Galactico deal, but it could be a case of buyer beware, there's been much criticism of him in the Madrid media and, unlike with Di Maria, a lot of it looks deserved.

If Mendes is on the mission El Confidencial claim he is, then Manchester United is a very likely option for him to try.

Woodward Galactico deal, Mendes finding new club for winger, Man United a likely option

Hey I'd take this... Despite his struggles at Real he's still a quality player who would add a lot to our attack! Would take a big bid to get him but that's what you have to do when you want the top players. My only concern would be about his physicality and whether he could cope with that in the Premier League? Plus being South American they have mixed results due to various reasons.

Maybe not but sometimes when a player of this quality becomes available you have to go and get them. It's always best to have lots of quality options and I'm sure we could find a place for him in the team.

I've said that before in the past but don't agree with that anymore, shouldn't buy players for the sake of it, should buy players that fit in with the way we want to play. Described recently as lazy along with Isco, fantastic technically gifted fooballers but they're not so good that they can get away with not putting in the hard work too. He'd be another expensive passenger in my view. Not that quick, doesn't work hard. We need wingers, not attacking midfielders. Signing him would show that we've learned very little over the past 3 years, transfer strategy has been poor. We should buy players to fit the way we want to play. Since 2013, we've lost our way on and off the pitch, we've forgotten what made the club great. Maybe we'd lost confidence in the way we used to play, and tried moving towards a more continental style with attacking midfielders like Kagawa and Mata but it's not worked. Leicester have shown this season that it's still possible to win with 4-4-2 and maybe we should go back to that ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back