Jadon Sancho | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

Premier League: Chelsea 1-1 Man United

Good composure for the goal today, obviously it was very easy in the end but when you’ve got so much time to think, it can sometimes become harder. Obviously was a tough game for him in the first half, like it was for all the attackers but this week has done his confidence the world of good.

Premier League: Chelsea 1-1 Man United

Good composure for the goal today, obviously it was very easy in the end but when you’ve got so much time to think, it can sometimes become harder. Obviously was a tough game for him in the first half, like it was for all the attackers but this week has done his confidence the world of good.
He also worked really hard to track back and help AWB.

Quiet game, you'd have thought after his recent goals he'd have been up for it, but back to being predictable, or playing safe. "skin him"

Bit odd that he was picked on the left. Involved in two of the goals.

He’s like a more dynamic Mata. He will thrive by playing nearer to the opponents penalty area under the new manager.

Bit odd that he was picked on the left. Involved in two of the goals.

He’s like a more dynamic Mata. He will thrive by playing nearer to the opponents penalty area under the new manager.
Yeah was a bit odd but I guess perhaps they liked the match up on the left? I thought he was really lively and created openings so I guess it worked.

He had trouble besting the Gunner's fullback. At least on the right he'd have been able to play balls inside earlier in his stronger foot.

Still, can't complain about his application last night.

Quiet again in a dominant team performance, early days but maybe the stage is too big for him. And maybe he's better away from home when rival fans are giving him dogs abuse.

Think that's his first quiet game in a while isn't it?

New system playing a bit more inside where it was congested rather than out in space but give him a chance to learn the role.

Not surprised he was first hooked but having watched it again he was involved in some tidy linkup play drifting left from central areas. Seems to have a good understanding with Fred as well, be interesting to see how that develops.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-1 Burnley - 30th December 2021

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sadly currently been given as an own goal it took a small deflection but not sure you can say for sure that the shot wasn’t on target hopefully they give him the goal on the review.

Still seems to be playing well within himself, he definitely has another gear to go up. He is tentative in possession at times but when he does flick that switch he can be devastating.

Not saying he had a bad game last night, I thought he was good but I think he has another 10-15% to give to really establish himself in the line up.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-1 Wolves - 3rd January 2022

Poor. I would like him to play with greater urgency and belief. He appears timid.

The same could be said for a lot of our players sadly. So many are timid with the ball and look for the safe option.

I have no doubts Sancho will come good but he is playing with a bunch of lemons. It’s hard to fit into a team as a new player with the team in such disarray and lacking in direction.

Felt he was crowded out today Semedo had his number.

All his touches and flicks were under hit.

Far from his best but for me nailed on he starts the next game.

I do think we are starting to see the best from him now.

Been our best player in the last two matches looks fitter and sharper his skill in one vs one situations is incredible lets hope we see more of the end product.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Southampton - 12th February 2022

Starting to see some real quality from him. He does have a tendency to fade in games and will need to work on his stamina but is getting there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think we are seeing the player we expected now looks up to full fitness and he’s terrorising defences.

starting to score and assist as well.

Got a message for Leeds United, Jadon Sancho is coming your way soon, be afraid, very afraid.

So glad he is not showing what he can do. He was very much devoid of confidence earlier in the season but now he really is performing well.

His skill in a one on one situation is world class. His finishing needs some work but all the signs are good. Just needs some help from his team mates.

If Bruno, Pogba, Sancho and Ronaldo all click into gear the same time then we could be brilliant. However, it just isn’t happening at the moment, although performances have been better.

He’s going to be a United legend - that I have little doubt on.

Has taken his time to settle but his general play is absolute quality. He isn’t the quickest but his skill on the ball shines through. Plus he’s still only 21. So all in all, he’s going to be a star for many years to come.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back