Jadon Sancho | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

Man Utd 0-1 West Ham

Another 6 out of 10 really a few flashes but still not really making the impact you'd expect from a big signing.

Ronaldo's arrival is a blessing for him because if Ronaldo hadn't come he'd be the focus of a lot more attention.

Another 6 out of 10 really a few flashes but still not really making the impact you'd expect from a big signing.
He's a player that thrives off of combinations though. He needs time to settle with the players he will be regularly playing with.

I'm sure he'll be fine it's a new league played at a quicker pace with much better defenders will just take him a bit of time to work it all out.

I'm sure he'll be fine it's a new league played at a quicker pace with much better defenders will just take him a bit of time to work it all out.
Haven't seen him play 90 yet. Living in Oz we don't get the League Cup or much German, but really like what I hear about him. I would like to see him on the right with vdB playing just behind.
Would have really liked to seen Trippier make up the right sided trio, but sadly that chance has gone

Hearing rumours of a move for Kalvin Phillips. Top quality. Everyone knew of Leeds' interest in D. James (christ knows why?) Why didn't we just offer him plus cash for Phillips?

Haven't seen him play 90 yet. Living in Oz we don't get the League Cup or much German, but really like what I hear about him. I would like to see him on the right with vdB playing just behind.
Would have really liked to seen Trippier make up the right sided trio, but sadly that chance has gone

Think he benefitted a lot from having a full back that bombed past him and he developed a great understanding with Haaland as the centre forward but Bundesliga matches always seem really open and end to end you don't have teams parking the bus very often.

PL is different most games that he plays in teams will be sitting off us and leaving no space.

Also, he doesn't look fully fit to me yet he was ill and missed all of pre season so hopefully he will be back up to full speed soon could do with him being in the next England squad and getting some games. Think all of the lads from the England squad this summer have looked a bit sluggish.

Think he benefitted a lot from having a full back that bombed past him and he developed a great understanding with Haaland as the centre forward but Bundesliga matches always seem really open and end to end you don't have teams parking the bus very often.

PL is different most games that he plays in teams will be sitting off us and leaving no space.

Also, he doesn't look fully fit to me yet he was ill and missed all of pre season so hopefully he will be back up to full speed soon could do with him being in the next England squad and getting some games. Think all of the lads from the England squad this summer have looked a bit sluggish.
Yeah well, I'd just like to put to u, childish point perhaps, but outside england, it's known as the EPL, the most exciting and exuberant football comp in world football. But, being a Jock living in Oz, somehow EPL sounds grander coz there is a lot of support worldwide
Btw still think it's competing with the SPL on status!

Yeah well, I'd just like to put to u, childish point perhaps, but outside england, it's known as the EPL, the most exciting and exuberant football comp in world football. But, being a Jock living in Oz, somehow EPL sounds grander coz there is a lot of support worldwide
Btw still think it's competing with the SPL on status!

It's the PL just like it's the FA in my book.

We're English we don't need to put our name before such silly things we invented the game I'll have you know. Haha!

Yeah, u did indeed. U also gave us jellied eels, Coronation St. and big Sam Allardyce
U look north and we gave the world golf, bank of engalund ( Google Adam Smith) and haggis.
Then there's old Paddy Crerand, Martin Buchan, big McQueen, wee Strachan, the bold Joe Jordan, the football brain of McClair, the class of Fletcher and of course, my childhood idol, wee Luigi!
Not gonna mention deep fried mars bars, too many calories.
Then there's also another 2 Glaswegians that Betty Windsor was quite fond of. Their names r on the tip of my tongue and their statues stand proudly outside the Theatre of Dreams?
Oh yeah, that's it, Busby and Ferguson.
We've played our part in establishing and cementing the name of MUFC brother and have been very proud of doing so!
I'll tell u a well quoted incident that occurred when MU put in their bid for old Pat ( i believe it was a UK record price at the time, still think it was a steal) Paddy spent half the next day in the office of the late great Jock Stein, crying his eyes out, pleading " but I don't want to leave boss!"
Money makes the world go round, esp in the football world. That's why I think seeing Phillips wearing the Red shirt next season is a definite possibility.
Anyway, that's me had my say on our homelands rivalry! Let's get back to discussing the magnificent Epl!!!

Improved performance from him last night, just needs one to bounce in off his backside, or an under hit cross to catch the wind and drop over a goalie and he'll be up and running.

Thought he was unlucky to be subbed looked sharper so hopefully a sign that he's getting up to full speed still working out how to link with his team mates.

Had a great chance to put us ahead just after the equaliser but slipped at the vital moment after the heavens opened in true Manchester style.

Premier League: Man Utd 1-1 Everton

Amongst the mediocrity this was quite an impressive little cameo from him today.

Yep I think he’s looking up to speed now.

Needs a run in the team but with Rashford back will he get it as Greenwood is in form.

He played well and looked like he's starting to settle in now. Had a good chance that he did fluff though.

He played well and looked like he's starting to settle in now. Had a good chance that he did fluff though.
Looking back at his Dortmund days, a 100% confident Sancho swings that it into the net and we go home happy.

Think from that angle it would have needed to be a special strike to beat Pickford but it was a very tame effort.

The bit where he just roasted the full back down the line was good and I think he now looks fully fit and was unlucky not to start today.

Premier League: Leicester City v Manchester United - 16th October 2021

Solskjaer doesn’t know how to use him properly.

He should be on the right, greenwood in the middle, Rashford left. Which I assume was the plan prior to the marketing team wanting Ronaldo

He should be on the right, greenwood in the middle, Rashford left. Which I assume was the plan prior to the marketing team wanting Ronaldo
I would be very happy to see that at some point. This was one of the reasons I was unhappy we pissed away the Carabao cup.

Solskjaer only knows one way; direct fast counter attacks. He doesn’t know how to utilise the likes of Sancho.

Solskjaer only knows one way; direct fast counter attacks. He doesn’t know how to utilise the likes of Sancho.
He wants to play on the counter but he doesn't have the players to do it. And those are mostly the players that he's signed.

Sancho is being considered as a right wing back, according to Laurie Whitwell of The Athletic.

Great lets turn the most creative player in the bundesliga into a sodding wing back.

That on it's own should get these lot sacked.

Are we sticking to the back 3 then because it's worked once? In the 3 games since Spurs that system has been ditched by half time as it's as useless as the 4-2-3-1 system.

sad thing is, I'm not surprised. DVDB and Sancho are a good advert for young players to avoid signing for united.

As well as the terrible football.

Didn’t see the whole game yesterday but though he looked good in the second half stuck in a few decent crosses from the right.

Didn’t see the whole game yesterday but though he looked good in the second half stuck in a few decent crosses from the right.

He was good in the 2nd half till he tired, but he must have got a rocket at half-time because he was piss poor in the first-half.

Champions League: Villarreal 0-2 Man United

Best game in a United shirt for sure. He is looking brighter and brighter with every performance and wrapped it off with a goal. Number one on that right now for me, needs an extended run of starts.

Yep felt the performances were coming before the international break and tonight he was the danger man put in some nice crosses and had two good chances one which he took.

Think he’s looking fully fit and sharp now first few games this season he didn’t look great got wonderful balance

Great lets turn the most creative player in the bundesliga into a sodding wing back.

That on it's own should get these lot sacked.

Are we sticking to the back 3 then because it's worked once? In the 3 games since Spurs that system has been ditched by half time as it's as useless as the 4-2-3-1 system.
Ha! I mean what a freaking joke.
The coaching staff should be fired just for considering it.

Sir Matt and SAF did similar many a time in training. It's no big deal.

It's one of the two pieces of advice Sir Matt gave Alex Ferguson when he first joined the club(1)don't read the press, period, and(2)never be afraid to mix it up in training/on matchday, if it doesn't work it's better to have tried than not.

Sir Matt and SAF did similar many a time in training. It's no big deal.

It's one of the two pieces of advice Sir Matt gave Alex Ferguson when he first joined the club(1)don't read the press, period, and(2)never be afraid to mix it up in training/on matchday, if it doesn't work it's better to have tried than not.

There's a difference between mixing things up in a training session and giving serious consideration to using it in a match.

The issue with this idea was we spent £70m on this lad clearly to use him as a winger in a position we were really struggling with in previous seasons yet before we'd even played him in his best position there was rumours he was being converted to a wing back.

There's a difference between mixing things up in a training session and giving serious consideration to using it in a match.

The issue with this idea was we spent £70m on this lad clearly to use him as a winger in a position we were really struggling with in previous seasons yet before we'd even played him in his best position there was rumours he was being converted to a wing back.

Who said we were seriously considering it, and if we were so what?

SAF knowing we had to find a replacement for Bryan Robson chased Paul Ince for 18 months, yet after his first few games for United he(SAF) told the worlds media that Ince would never be a 'midfielder' and proceeded to play him at right-back for the next 4 or 5 games.

It happens at all clubs all the time - it's a none story from the shit-stirring press.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back