It's all so quiet???

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Is this the first time in a very long time where Utd aren't being splashed across the papers being continuously linked to a player?

From Sniejder to Sancho there always seems to have been a story that just wouldn't die about Utd being interested in a player but for the last few months it's all been very quiet.

because they can generate clicks talking about the manager.

Maybe that is it.

There's another story in town to link Utd's name to.

I thought De Ligt and De Jong rumours might surface with Ten Hag

Ziyech will be next.

De Jong did look to be on the way out at Barca but sounds like he’s started looking better under Xavi but they do need to raise money.

Is this the first time in a very long time where Utd aren't being splashed across the papers being continuously linked to a player?

From Sniejder to Sancho there always seems to have been a story that just wouldn't die about Utd being interested in a player but for the last few months it's all been very quiet.

Eh? I see Rudiger and Rice linked almost daily.

Eh? I see Rudiger and Rice linked almost daily.

I dunno where you've looking but they are names that do the rounds but it's far from the speculation we've seen before.

I think everyone kind of knows there's no chance we're signing either of them this summer.

I dunno where you've looking but they are names that do the rounds but it's far from the speculation we've seen before.

I think everyone kind of knows there's no chance we're signing either of them this summer.

I don't have to go looking, in the last few days alone we've had Rice will now cost £150m, and he favours a move to Chelsea, similar stories with Rudiger, signing on fee et etc.

I'd like to think most United fans know we have no interest whatsoever in 95% of the players the press continue to link us to, but they still do it for clicks, same as it ever was.

I don't have to go looking, in the last few days alone we've had Rice will now cost £150m, and he favours a move to Chelsea, similar stories with Rudiger, signing on fee et etc.

I'd like to think most United fans know we have no interest whatsoever in 95% of the players the press continue to link us to, but they still do it for clicks, same as it ever was.

International week though so got to fill the columns/websites with something.

Rice has been a steady link but it's not like daily updates on it just pops up every few weeks with a new number on it.

International week though so got to fill the columns/websites with something.

Rice has been a steady link but it's not like daily updates on it just pops up every few weeks with a new number on it.

Just a shame United couldn't use their club channel to put out a live bulletin at say 21:00CET daily to deny that days transfer rumours/club news that patently isn't true, that would soon put a stop to the Hit, Miss, Miss, Miss journalism overnight, or 21:00 whichever comes sooner. :)

What happens when they don’t deny a link to a player though?

I think their ignore everything policy is the way to go.

What happens when they don’t deny a link to a player though?

I think their ignore everything policy is the way to go.

The more intelligent among us would then know we held an interest in said player.

Why keep us in the dark, it's not as though they'd be offering up State secrets.

Because they are in negotiations they won't be wanting to be putting in public what they are up to as we all know football negotiations are a massive game of bluff between all parties.

Because they are in negotiations they won't be wanting to be putting in public what they are up to as we all know football negotiations are a massive game of bluff between all parties.

You are not bluffing anybody if you say at the outset you have no interest in player 'F'

It would stop other clubs players using United's name to get themselves better terms for starters, and it would save us from the 100's of posts/tweets dissing United's coaches/scouts/negotiators for failing to close a deal and watching the player go elsewhere when we had no interest in said player whatsoever.

You are not bluffing anybody if you say at the outset you have no interest in player 'F'

It would stop other clubs players using United's name to get themselves better terms for starters, and it would save us from the 100's of posts/tweets dissing United's coaches/scouts/negotiators for failing to close a deal and watching the player go elsewhere when we had no interest in said player whatsoever.

what if you do then become interested?
what if you want that story to cast doubt in the mind of the club of a player you do want?
what if you are keeping an agent onside by not rubbishing false news?
what if these rumours help your website get clicks as fans look for news?

I think it’s just easier to not comment on any of it do your business as quiet as you can.

It’s not in any reputable sources but seen a few links with Milinkovic-Savic with us again this morning. He could be an option if Pogba does leave and I would say he’s a better option in a midfield two as well.

Although saying that he’s been linked away from Lazio for years now, and if it was going to happen I feel like it would of by now.

For me we already replaced Pogba the moment we signed Bruno.

This summer is about building a midfield that works with Bruno in it.

what if you do then become interested?
what if you want that story to cast doubt in the mind of the club of a player you do want?
what if you are keeping an agent onside by not rubbishing false news?
what if these rumours help your website get clicks as fans look for news?

I think it’s just easier to not comment on any of it do your business as quiet as you can.

I know a lot of fans think the club is run by incompetents, but how likely is that?

10/15 years ago maybe, but agents/scouts talk all the time, there are no secrets nowadays.

Well if it's Mino Raiola and the like probably best not to bother.

So you're okay people making money telling blatant lies?

Again 10/15 years ago i'd agree, 19/20 you'd know instantly if there was any truth in a rumour, but not now with 24hr news and numerous websites/forums for negative ninnies to do their thing, it's tiresome, far better to nip it in the bud, preferably within 24 hours.

Just ignore the ones telling lies. Are you really going to take someone to court over a false transfer story?

You know when a transfer is actually happening because all the big reporters who don't comment on transfer gossip start reporting it's on and quoting the same sort of numbers and they all do it at the same time. At that point you know the club have given them all the nod.

I think if you start commenting on certain stories you risk giving credibility to it Utd will just ignore the transfer junkie type reporters deal with the big hitters who they need to keep onside and make sure that when there is something they want out there that they give it to them.

Who said anything about taking anybody to court?

It's just a game to the press, 95% of the time they haven't get a clue who the club(s) are targeting, the Sun will give one name, the Mirror another, the Star will mention somebody else and so on, and if some young player who is making his way in the game and is happy as a pig in sh*t at his current club and has no intention of moving suddenly starts getting abused by his own fans on social media/or to his face, or members of his family get abuse, for thinking he's bigger than their club, so be it eh?

I've just been reading we are after Antony.
Guess those links to Ajax players are going to pop up now we are after Ten Hag! I’ve seen us linked with Gravenberch, Onana, Antony and Timber over the last few weeks.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back