Is it time to bring Ole back as caretaker Manager?

I don't know, maybe 6 months of "Ole's at the Wheel" is what the Doctor would order(well if you could get to see him/her!)

I think purely for Ole’s own health and well being he should never be allowed near that job again.

It broke him and he shouldn’t be put through it again.

I think purely for Ole’s own health and well being he should never be allowed near that job again.

It broke him and he shouldn’t be put through it again.

It wasn't the job that broke him more the moronic element of the fan base.

It wasn't the job that broke him more the moronic element of the fan base.

The only moron is the man who handed him the permanent contract, an idiotic chief exec allowed himself to get swept up in a wave of momentum that fizzled out the moment Ole signed on the dotted line.

As for the fans dealing with them comes with the territory.

The only moron is the man who handed him the permanent contract, an idiotic chief exec allowed himself to get swept up in a wave of momentum that fizzled out the moment Ole signed on the dotted line.

As for the fans dealing with them comes with the territory.

Which was driven by the fans, and you can't say it wasn't. I've better things to do with my time than searching the forum archives so I don't know what the general feeling was on here, but elsewhere the majority were calling/demanding Ole was given the gig full-time. What's the CEO to do, he listens when fans turn on Managers and want them sacked so obviously he was going to go with the fans wishes - but then you know that.

Which was driven by the fans, and you can't say it wasn't. I've better things to do with my time than searching the forum archives so I don't know what the general feeling was on here, but elsewhere the majority were calling/demanding Ole was given the gig full-time. What's the CEO to do, he listens when fans turn on Managers and want them sacked so obviously he was going to go with the fans wishes - but then you know that.

I don’t think he ever had any more than 50% of fan support most enjoyed the ride but we all knew we’d massively road our luck in some of the wins. Most fans were shocked when he got the job full time.

A CEOs job is to block out the noise and manage for the long term not the short term. Ole wasn’t going to take a job elsewhere he had time on his side he could have waited until April to make it permanent if he felt Ole was still the right man after the defeats started coming and the buzz died down.

Utd never had a strategy under Woodward so when manager changes were needed they delayed until the last possible moment then went for the complete opposite to the previous manager. Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho to Ole every time rip up the squad and start again it was a disaster that cannot be repeated. There was never a plan for what do we do if this doesn’t work and we have to change it.

Ole was never the right man for the job. He did well as caretaker but that should have been that. We should have said thank you but we need someone to take us to the next level.

The team under Ole was built by individual moments. We had some brilliant comebacks which were very exciting at the time but he was never going to last.

The fact he hasn’t had a gig since says it all really.

People never gave him a chance because he didn't have pedigree as a manager, fat lot of good that did in the other managers.

Only Jose, and at the moment ETH have better win % and ppg

I don’t think he ever had any more than 50% of fan support most enjoyed the ride but we all knew we’d massively road our luck in some of the wins. Most fans were shocked when he got the job full time.

A CEOs job is to block out the noise and manage for the long term not the short term. Ole wasn’t going to take a job elsewhere he had time on his side he could have waited until April to make it permanent if he felt Ole was still the right man after the defeats started coming and the buzz died down.

Utd never had a strategy under Woodward so when manager changes were needed they delayed until the last possible moment then went for the complete opposite to the previous manager. Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho to Ole every time rip up the squad and start again it was a disaster that cannot be repeated. There was never a plan for what do we do if this doesn’t work and we have to change it.

Hang on a minute I might have to take my socks off for this one ....

So you are admitting he had 50% of fan support, it was a damn sight more than that, nearer 65%, but we'll go with your % for ease of calculating, but you also say most(which implies at least 51%) of fans were shocked he got the job full-time - how does that actual work - I've often wondered why folk say player 'A' gave 110% out there today, maybe they had the same Math teacher as you ;)

You can't possibly know that, nor could the club at the time.

Not that nonsense again, those three Managers all had a similar philosophy ie. be disciplined, be hard to beat and counter at pace, funnily enough that was what Ole was trying to do .... But I suppose if the gobbiest among us say something loud enough and often enough it's eventually taken as Gospel which is weird because football is such a simple game, overcomplicated by the unintelligent ....

The Doc to Dave Sexton to Big Ron was going from one extreme to another, but don't recall us fans at the time saying the CEO hasn't got a clue what he's doing, but then the was before the internet and all the brainwashing ....

Ole was never the right man for the job. He did well as caretaker but that should have been that. We should have said thank you but we need someone to take us to the next level.

The team under Ole was built by individual moments. We had some brilliant comebacks which were very exciting at the time but he was never going to last.

The fact he hasn’t had a gig since says it all really.

Or it says nothing. He took the Cardiff job as a favour for a close friend and he was never going to turn United down. He's probably financially secure living the life of Reilly back home in Norway with his family and doesn't feel he needs the hassle of Management. Good luck to him.

But if United called again ....

Hang on a minute I might have to take my socks off for this one ....

So you are admitting he had 50% of fan support, it was a damn sight more than that, nearer 65%, but we'll go with your % for ease of calculating, but you also say most(which implies at least 51%) of fans were shocked he got the job full-time - how does that actual work - I've often wondered why folk say player 'A' gave 110% out there today, maybe they had the same Math teacher as you ;)

You can't possibly know that, nor could the club at the time.

Not that nonsense again, those three Managers all had a similar philosophy ie. be disciplined, be hard to beat and counter at pace, funnily enough that was what Ole was trying to do .... But I suppose if the gobbiest among us say something loud enough and often enough it's eventually taken as Gospel which is weird because football is such a simple game, overcomplicated by the unintelligent ....

The Doc to Dave Sexton to Big Ron was going from one extreme to another, but don't recall us fans at the time saying the CEO hasn't got a clue what he's doing, but then the was before the internet and all the brainwashing ....

So if I don't think he ever had more than 50% then that is the absolute maximum he ever had at any point, it can be entirely possible that at the point where he signs the contract he only had 49% support and therefore the majority at 51% were shocked. It could also be that this entire argument is 100% pointless because the numbers were entirely my view of where I felt the fans where at the time with Ole.

Do me a favour. It was his dream job he wasn't going to take another job while there was any chance of getting the Utd job, he even . That man would do anything for the club he was never going to shaft the club by taking another job elsewhere and he was still under contract with Molde. If you recall we had him on loan... how weird was that btw?

Moyes and Mourinho play without the ball and LVG plays with it. You've got two managers who believe in solid defensive structure and counter attacking vs another who believes in having total control of the game through possession. They are very different. I watched all the games under those 3 managers you can't say that LVG's way of playing was anywhere near what Moyes and Mourinho were trying to do.

Did that run of change deliver great success or did we remain stuck in the Liverpool shadow? The change came when they got in Ferguson who was a genuine genius manager and they stuck with him as he totally rebuilt the club from top to bottom and it took him years.

So if I don't think he ever had more than 50% then that is the absolute maximum he ever had at any point, it can be entirely possible that at the point where he signs the contract he only had 49% support and therefore the majority at 51% were shocked. It could also be that this entire argument is 100% pointless because the numbers were entirely my view of where I felt the fans where at the time with Ole.

Do me a favour. It was his dream job he wasn't going to take another job while there was any chance of getting the Utd job, he even . That man would do anything for the club he was never going to shaft the club by taking another job elsewhere and he was still under contract with Molde. If you recall we had him on loan... how weird was that btw?

Moyes and Mourinho play without the ball and LVG plays with it. You've got two managers who believe in solid defensive structure and counter attacking vs another who believes in having total control of the game through possession. They are very different. I watched all the games under those 3 managers you can't say that LVG's way of playing was anywhere near what Moyes and Mourinho were trying to do.

Did that run of change deliver great success or did we remain stuck in the Liverpool shadow? The change came when they got in Ferguson who was a genuine genius manager and they stuck with him as he totally rebuilt the club from top to bottom and it took him years.

You prattled on not realising what you were trying to say, it happens. Own it.

Not that weird, the two seasons only overlap for two short periods of the season. It was great PR for Molde.

82 crosses v Fulham(or whoever it was) without the ball, maybe he was the right man for us after all.

What has that got to do with the price of snuff? Disturbing how often you get Liverpool into your posts ....

You prattled on not realising what you were trying to say, it happens. Own it.

Not that weird, the two seasons only overlap for two short periods of the season. It was great PR for Molde.

82 crosses v Fulham(or whoever it was) without the ball, maybe he was the right man for us after all.

What has that got to do with the price of snuff? Disturbing how often you get Liverpool into your posts ....

Put the fishing rod down that isn’t worthy of a bite.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back