Is EtH on borrowed time?

I think the answer to the question in the thread title is now answered.
I think both EtH and the team now come out the season with a fair bit of Kudos. Top 4, a trophy, and potentially another trophy if we can win our second cup final of the season.
Given our squad limitations and the injuries that came with such a full on programme, I think that is as best as could have been hoped for.
Mind you, I do wonder if we may have created some sort of record by getting CL with such a miserly goal difference? Cant be bothered doing the digging to find out, I am sure @jsp will tell us in the morning ;)
Big Weggy didn't work out to help us with the goals and I think we actually need to be signing 2 strikers in the summer. 1 proven hit man and an understudy/potential. Sort out the goals and we will see further progression next season. I am optimistic about the future.
Bring on the sale. Bring on next season.

I think both EtH and the team now come out the season with a fair bit of Kudos. Top 4, a trophy, and potentially another trophy if we can win our second cup final of the season.
Given our squad limitations and the injuries that came with such a full on programme, I think that is as best as could have been hoped for.
Mind you, I do wonder if we may have created some sort of record by getting CL with such a miserly goal difference? Cant be bothered doing the digging to find out, I am sure @jsp will tell us in the morning ;)
Big Weggy didn't work out to help us with the goals and I think we actually need to be signing 2 strikers in the summer. 1 proven hit man and an understudy/potential. Sort out the goals and we will see further progression next season. I am optimistic about the future.

Hasn't got T4 yet.

Don't know who Liverpool are playing in their last match, and can't be arsed to look, but we are quite capable of losing our last two matches and letting them in, Chelsea though having a piss poor season have always been a bogey side especially at Old Trafford, and if Fulham and Mitrovic still have a beef with United after the FA Cup match, well .....

Saying that expecting two boring 1-0 wins.

In 2019/20 Chelsea finished 4th with a GD of +15, Utd’s is +11 with 2 games still to play. I didn’t go back into the 00s.

Sorting out the goals has been on the agenda for a decade. in the last decade Utd have only scored 70+ goals in a season once which was under Ole in 2021/22 which was the season played behind closed doors.

Can you mention Ole without saying, behind closed doors :p

It does provide some context as that season was just weird.

We lost 6-1 at home to Spurs but beat Leeds 6-2 and Southampton 9-0 and went unbeaten away, it was all a bit strange. We even win a game after the final whistle blew due to VAR giving us a penalty for an incident just before the whistle went.

Hasn't got T4 yet.

Don't know who Liverpool are playing in their last match, and can't be arsed to look, but we are quite capable of losing our last two matches and letting them in, Chelsea though having a piss poor season have always been a bogey side especially at Old Trafford, and if Fulham and Mitrovic still have a beef with United after the FA Cup match, well .....
yer arse!

In 2019/20 Chelsea finished 4th with a GD of +15, Utd’s is +11 with 2 games still to play. I didn’t go back into the 00s.

Sorting out the goals has been on the agenda for a decade. in the last decade Utd have only scored 70+ goals in a season once which was under Ole in 2021/22 which was the season played behind closed doors.
Yes, I wasn't suggesting it was a new thing, but it is now a serious crisis, and with signs we are making good ground in other areas it really needs some smart investment this summer. I trust EtH to sort it out.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting it was a new thing, but it is now a serious crisis, and with signs we are making good ground in other areas it really needs some smart investment this summer. I trust EtH to sort it out.

Looking at our goals scored stats over the last decade is tough reading, goal scoring is a long standing issue.

Even the season I mentioned I reckon there was a lot of penalties in that season. That was back when VAR was giving pens for any contact in the box and the handball rule was very strict on defenders. It was summer 2021 when they agreed to start allowing a lot more contact and since then the number of penalties has gone down.

In 2020/21 we scored 10 of 11 pens in the last 2 seasons combined we’ve scored 5 of 7.

75 points and 3rd spot which is our second highest points total of the last decade. 17 points better off this season compared to last season.

ETH took more points in his first season than all the managers post Fergie and only Mourinho who finished with 82 in his 2nd season had a better points total.

Whatever happens at Wembley it has been a huge step forward under Ten Hag and let’s hope the forward momentum carries on and he can sort out the awful away form and push City a little closer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, it looks like we may have equalled the record in regards to Top 4 but probably made the record for 3rd.

Well, it looks like we may have equalled the record in regards to Top 4 but probably made the record for 3rd.

To get that many points with a goal difference that poor is quite an achievement.

3rd lowest scorers in the top half, most clean sheets but also let in more than a goal a game. Those big score lines at Brentford, City and Liverpool really skewed some of our stats.

Back