IFAB looking at proposals for 25 minute half times

jsp

One of the reasons is it will allow enough time for "half time shows" like the super bowl.

I mean literally who want this? You go to the match to watch the football not to see the black eyed peas or Pitbull perform it always seems to be these guys that get rolled out at finals. Bet they'll be sticking another £20 on the ticket price for the privelage of this half time entertainment.

You watch it on TV then half time is basically 10 minutes of adverts and a quick summary of first half action which I'm fine with I don't want another 10 minutes of filler if you give me 25 minutes I'll probably switch the channel during half time.

25 minutes would give you enough time to actually use facilities at half time but not sure fans who go to matches are actually asking for the half time break to be made any longer than it already is. It's a winter sport no one wants to spend more time standing outside in the freezing cold than they need to.

Surely this would only be for finals? The normal NFL half time breaks are only 12 minutes. At league 1 it wouldn't be Pittbull are they going to get the local busker to come down and perform at half time?

Nonsense where the bodies have forgotten the lower levels of the game are supposed to live by the same rules. I could get it for one off games but I wouldn't like it we aren't there to watch these music performers we want to watch the sport.

Who knows?

IFAB always seem to be exploring a few crazy ideas very few of them actually get through.

I mean at the lower levels not sure you even get 15 minutes for half time sunday league was normally 5-10 minutes quick drink then the ref was giving you the hurry up to get back out there and everyone was happy to crack on. Was only really the half decent saturday level where you might go back to the changing rooms for half time and get the full 15 minutes.

They're always moaning about short attention spans of audiences making the game longer surely goes against that?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back