If not Solskjaer, then who?

His reputation was mainly built by building the foundations for all the Red Bull football stable, not just in terms of sporting achievement, but in corporate structures as well. The guy is probably one of the best footballing business brains out there.

Yeah he's also sort of considered the creator of the German pressing style. Red Bull were kind of setup as a production line rather than trying to be a dominant force when it comes to football their model seems to be a business one to develop players and sell them on for profit. They are obviously able to dominate in Austria with Salzburg but they've sort of hit a bit of a ceiling with Germany.

He's done a fantastic job but Utd don't need a build from scratch approach we need a steady hand to guide the ship as the Glazers are never going to handover control. As good as he is at his job I just don't see it working at Utd.

Ten Hag is my favourite but he is a huge risk, didn't De Boer look good at Ajax and flop in the prem? But he did win again in the CL last night.

Poch is probably the safe option, not sure we will anything with him though, he can't seem to win those big matches.

I do hope they have at least tried to talk to Flick.

Yeah De Boer did well with Ajax think he won the league 3 or 4 times before moving on and he was awful in the PL but that was a terrible decision by Palace. From memory they went from Allardyce or was it Pulis to De Boer the players were nothing like the sort of players he'd worked with before.

It's hard not to be impressed by Ten Hag he had it tough at Ajax at the start plenty of the old guard didn't like his modern methods and style but he stuck to his guns and his Ajax team have matched their domestic dominance with some strong performances in Europe as well.

Saw one reporter who is based in Spain suggest he's exchanged messages with Luis Enrique who ruled himself out wants to stick with Spain I feel like Flick will be the same.

He's done a fantastic job but Utd don't need a build from scratch approach we need a steady hand to guide the ship as the Glazers are never going to handover control. As good as he is at his job I just don't see it working at Utd.
See I disagree. Look I agree that the Glazers are not going to handover control but I do think United need a start from scratch build. Not because they don't have some pieces in place but the structure of the club is a mess. The structure is not set up for success from top to bottom. It is in large part why their managers struggle and why they have not competed for the last few years.

The club is like a middle aged man stuck in his ways, it was much better in my day, as the world passes him by.

See I disagree. Look I agree that the Glazers are not going to handover control but I do think United need a start from scratch build. Not because they don't have some pieces in place but the structure of the club is a mess. The structure is not set up for success from top to bottom. It is in large part why their managers struggle and why they have not competed for the last few years.

I meant really from scratch the red bull thing was starting from absolute zero.

As a club Utd need reform to modernise the operation which is what Murtough is there to do. Utd have a very successful academy, a vast network of scouts, state of the art training facilities, I can only assume the top medical and data analysis departments. This is what Murtough is really there to oversea make sure all the support structures are in place to drive performance on the pitch. All this stuff was out dated when Fergie left but I believe since Ole came in this is where the club have really made some progress the support structure around the manager is way better than it was. It took to long to get all this in place but based on a few things I've read it's pretty much all there now it just needs the people in the key positions to really deliver the results.

Where I think it's been lacking in the last 3 years is we haven't had a top manager and first team coaching setup that has been able to install a cohesive system into this squad of players. Some of these players just need to go as they either lack the talent or attitude to thrive in a modern elite club where demands have to be set sky high and then maintained at that level. I don't think Ole could really see what he wanted as the end outcome on the pitch of all the work he was doing.

As a club I think we've become to obssessed with the individual first it was Pogba, then Bruno now it's Ronaldo all that needs to stop the new manager needs to build a team. You watch the top teams now they are like machines the players are programmed to do certain things that means when one player is out the team still functions. This is what a Fergie side had it didn't really matter who played because everyone knew the jobs they needed to do so as long as the jobs were done the Utd team would be a match for anyone. This is what we've got to get back to stars can still exist within the team but the team comes first and there are no passengers.

Just watch that City vs PSG game last night on paper two pretty evenly matched sides but one group work together and enhance each others ability and the other doesn't.

I think with Rangnick if you appoint him as an interim he can certainly lay the foundations of a modern playing system within the next 6 months but you'd then need someone with very similar principles to him to then come along to carry it on. That might work well with a guy like Ten Hag but I think the likes of Murtough/Fletcher in these new roles probably deserve a chance to pick a manager and be judged by their decision.

Got to say, I'm surprised about the lack of leaks coming out of the club about what's going on.

Well 5 names were put out there yesterday as the apparent short list for the interim role. These apparently are the people who've expressed an interest in the role that the club are willing to consider as options.

The club generally keep things pretty hush these days there's only a few people who really know what's going on when it comes to the key decisions so not surprising that things are being kept under wraps.

I'd say most of the stuff that gets leaked to the press about the club will be coming from players or more likely their agents finding out what the men at the top are up to I imagine is way more tricky.

The Athletic are reporting it's done. Ragnick. 6 months as manager and then 2 years in another capacity ('consultancy role')

Yeah he's also sort of considered the creator of the German pressing style. Red Bull were kind of setup as a production line rather than trying to be a dominant force when it comes to football their model seems to be a business one to develop players and sell them on for profit. They are obviously able to dominate in Austria with Salzburg but they've sort of hit a bit of a ceiling with Germany.

Until the Glazers go, this saga will never end, it was the saddest day ever when they took control. I know names are out there for certain people to become coach, l would just like to say l am not keen on Pochettino looks good at PSG but lets be honest it is an easy league

Interesting. The two year consultancy could be more useful than his stint as manager, though he needs to do a pretty great job at that if we're to finish top four. Would be great though if he could once and for all put in place a proper management structure.

The Athletic are reporting it's done. Ragnick. 6 months as manager and then 2 years in another capacity ('consultancy role')
Would say this is absolutely ideal. He will instil some fresh ideas into the club and lay a good foundation for the next guy.

Until the Glazers go, this saga will never end, it was the saddest day ever when they took control. I know names are out there for certain people to become coach, l would just like to say l am not keen on Pochettino looks good at PSG but lets be honest it is an easy league

Well it can end it just needs them to take things seriously and put a decent structure in place the money side of things pretty much takes cares of itself now as long as the football side of things is being run properly I think most fans will be content to just get on with the way things are now.

If the rumours are true actually allowing someone like Rangnick into the club seems like a big step for them not so much for his role as the coach this season but the role he could play after that in terms of organising things so that the owners can get the best out of the money that the club spends.

Poch doesn't look good at PSG far from it he's really struggling to get them to play as a team similar issues to the ones Emery and Tuchel had the players run the show at that club and can basically do what they want when they want.

I agree there has not been any structure at the club for years, fingers crossed things will change dramatically. New defence and midfield is needed desperately.

I don't really get the appointment to be honest, I don't think we have the players to play his style, and for only 6 months. His management record isn't great.

I would see him better as a DoF

My guess is they are clearly waiting for someone else you'd have to assume Poch or Ten Haag from what's being reported neithers current employers will be to happy losing them mid season.

So they must see Rangnick as a guy who can almost pre programme the squad to the style of play that the next manager wants to play. Rangnick then moves aside into whatever the new role is in the summer.

Really for us now it's just about making sure we get that 4th CL spot and see where we go in the CL and FA Cup there's still a very talented squad of players there so lets see if he can whip these boys into shape.

The more entitled among us will have their work cut out if they've only got 6 months to hound him out.

Good luck Ralf, you're gonna need it.

Doubt any top club has ever appointed a guy that had lost two top flight matches 9-0 but can see United going after Ralph Hasenhüttl in the Summer if he continues to improve Southampton. The Alpine Klopp with Rangnick mentoring might be just what the Doctor ordered.

The more entitled among us will have their work cut out if they've only got 6 months to hound him out.

Good luck Ralf, you're gonna need it.
This holier than though rhetoric of yours is getting very tiresome.

I supported Ole from the start, was my choice of manager since the day Fergie retired. But it didn't work out, he wasn't a good or strong enough manager to take us to the next level. He did a lot of good work, but the main role should be improving and winning with the first team. And that's where he fell down. Sad for Ole, I would have loved for it work out for him, and he is still great ex player and man.

Doesn't mean I am going to hound out the next manager. Ole had my support for most of his time at the club, but the last few months he lost it. And rightly so, he was out of his depth. I didn't want Jose, but supported him right until the end, hated LVG appointment, struggled to support him to be honest but I did.

As for the next manager, I would think we need someone who is going to take on Ragnicks style. I guess Poch does like the press. But I worry about whether he can coach at the highest level.

It's going to be interesting to see this team try and impliment the press, will Ronaldo keep his place? what are Fred and Mctom going to do, what formation and how long will it take. Are they even fit enough? I did read in the past he's said Shaw isn't good enough, will he keep his place.

Will be interesting he's certainly got a very specific idea of the way the game should be played and if he manages to get these lot playing it they should be exciting to watch but you can already see the obvious problem areas for him.

Ronaldo up top, how will defenders like Lindelof/Maguire fair when asked to defend on the half way line, if they're on the half way line De Gea might actually need to step off his goal line a few times. Should be a fresh start for everyone in the squad though there will be no favourites those that grasp the system and adapt will play those that don't probably won't.

6 months is not a long time to get your message across and I think Utd play something like 10 games in the next 40 days so there won't be much time to get all the team together for training sessions.

Doubt any top club has ever appointed a guy that had lost two top flight matches 9-0 but can see United going after Ralph Hasenhüttl in the Summer if he continues to improve Southampton. The Alpine Klopp with Rangnick mentoring might be just what the Doctor ordered.
I mean you do talk a whole lot of drivel, but this might not be a bad shout.

This holier than though rhetoric of yours is getting very tiresome.

I supported Ole from the start, was my choice of manager since the day Fergie retired. But it didn't work out, he wasn't a good or strong enough manager to take us to the next level. He did a lot of good work, but the main role should be improving and winning with the first team. And that's where he fell down. Sad for Ole, I would have loved for it work out for him, and he is still great ex player and man.

Doesn't mean I am going to hound out the next manager. Ole had my support for most of his time at the club, but the last few months he lost it. And rightly so, he was out of his depth. I didn't want Jose, but supported him right until the end, hated LVG appointment, struggled to support him to be honest but I did.

As for the next manager, I would think we need someone who is going to take on Ragnicks style. I guess Poch does like the press. But I worry about whether he can coach at the highest level.

It's going to be interesting to see this team try and impliment the press, will Ronaldo keep his place? what are Fred and Mctom going to do, what formation and how long will it take. Are they even fit enough? I did read in the past he's said Shaw isn't good enough, will he keep his place.

Not sure why you've put yourself forward as the champion of the 'entitled' as there's nothing in your first two paragraphs that would make me think you were/are one of that group.

I personally would have given Ole more time(and it might be because he's a club Legend, I don't know that as it's not a conversation i've had with myself yet, but no doubt I will when the dust settles) but I can fully understand why for some the recent set of results(especially the 0-5) has tipped many to think change was needed.

Well have to see how the rest of the season goes, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ragnick gets a say in who follows him he'll recommend Managers none of us have heard of. Or demand to stay on as Manager.

Ronaldo will be fine, we'll just start the press behind him, Ronaldo will be asked to target the fullback nearest to him and stop his man with cute tactical fouls if the opponents beat our first-press.

And I think Ragnick will love Fred, he'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet, he might even make him Captain.

Let's be honest he's right about Shaw, he's quite possibly the worst world-class fullback i've ever seen.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back