If not Solskjaer, then who?

Here's a question for United fans... Does it worry you that a club like Villa are in some ways showing more ambition than united? Look Gerrard would never have joined united and I'm sure no united fan would have wanted him either. But that's besides the point, the point is Villa were struggling and so they acted. They sacked Smith and then went after a (for them) top target who could have stayed put where he's in a good position right now. I think that's real ambition.

You mentioned 12 names. I'd have had one of them.

You're gonna have to explain a few of them to me. Because I can't work out when they were good enough.

When did Sven do well and we should have gone for him?

Koeman? He got sacked by Everton?

Allegri? Got sacked by arsenal?

Ranieri? Sacked by Chelsea and Leicester and now managers Watford.

That's your list of managers you'd want at United?

Lopetegui? Got sacked by Spain and Madrid.

To be fair you lost me when you mentioned Sven. Who was only available when Sir Alex was United. He'd already entered league 2 football before that.

Gerrard's feats in Scotland are less impressive than Ole's feats in Norway. Gerrard will be found out and we will enjoy watching that cnut explode on the touchline, and hopefully Villa gets relegated with him.

You mentioned 12 names. I'd have had one of them.

You're gonna have to explain a few of them to me. Because I can't work out when they were good enough.

When did Sven do well and we should have gone for him?

Koeman? He got sacked by Everton?

Allegri? Got sacked by arsenal?

Ranieri? Sacked by Chelsea and Leicester and now managers Watford.

That's your list of managers you'd want at United?

Lopetegui? Got sacked by Spain and Madrid.

To be fair you lost me when you mentioned Sven. Who was only available when Sir Alex was United. He'd already entered league 2 football before that.
Those were just a list of names that were relied on when clubs or national sides were in trouble. Maybe none of them are great but yeah I would take any of them over Rodgers. My main point was that there didn't even seem to be a proper search, they just stopped at Rodgers for no reason.

I don't think sacking a manager as your spiralling towards relegation is showing much ambition it's just a necessary decision to make for a club that finished a season poorly and started the next one poorly. Like us with Ole they gave Dean Smith plenty of time to sort it out because he's popular amongst the fans and has done a good job but there comes a point where you have to say enough is enough.

I think we're past that point as well but we are always slow to act as a club and made baffling decisions around management.

Moyes and his 6 year contract.
Hired LVG off the back of a good world cup should have sacked him at Christmas instead we stick with him to the end of the season missing out on top 4 again but credit to the man he won a cup final.
Hired Mourinho off the back of a real messy exit from Chelsea. Absolutely shafted him in summer 2018 not giving him the players he needed to really go after City and the whole thing imploded in a complete mess.
Gave Ole the interim role which is fine then made a snap decision to give him a permanent deal because he made a good start things then tailed off massively.
Gave Ole a new deal when he didn't need one despite a pretty dissapointing end to the season we kind of drifted to second never really near City or worried about anyone coming up behind us, quarter final exit of the FA Cup and losing the final of the Europa League to a pretty average side.
Now we're leaving Ole in charge probably because we're to afraid to make a big decision in case we get in wrong again.

Until the people who are above the manager show that they are able to make smart decisions any manager is facing an uphill battle because eventually everything goes back to them.

As expected about 20 people turned up to that protest today one of the people supporting it who’s one of these fancam divs said he thought he could get 10,000 there. Get back in your box mate!

In the video I saw mostly young lads plenty wearing this seasons kits holding a green and gold scarf and another lad with a megastore bag.

These idiots really don’t get what they are protesting against.

Much like the transfer rumours until you start getting a consistent story across the board being reported assume it's all nonsense.

As it stands everyone is reporting that Ole still has the full support of the club despite the recent run of bad results and there are no plans to make any changes.

From what's being reported by the people who are likely to do a bit of digging before they put a name to something it seems like Pochetinno is a guy they've liked for a long time and Rodgers seems to be the other one who they do like.

The links with Zidane seem to be purely based on the fact he managed two of our current players at Madrid there's almost no substance behind it as Zidane doesn't really give much away to the press, plenty in France have doubts about him ever returning to management. He only really did it first time around due to a bit of a crisis at Madrid from memory when he took over he was in some sort of director role having done a bit of coaching with the B team. It seemed like he was destined to go into the more administrative side of things rather than be on the field.

Depends on how you lose if it's a tight game that they edge should he lose his job?

Obviously if we get walloped like we've been in recent games the pressure to act grows but if you are going to base it on results he should already be long gone from his job.

The performances are vital now yes he needs results to go with them but this next run of games we need to see proper team performances where the players are clearly going out with plans that make them competitive against any opponent. Good performances with the quality of players we have should lead to good results.

It would take a huge turn around in the mentality of the coaching staff to play well and beat Chelsea and even Arsenal.

I imagine Brendan, ZZ and Poch will be watching closely

I dunno Chelsea can be a bit toothless in games but they are really hard to score against and Arsenal despite a good run of results haven't been breath taking they've just cut out a lot of the basic errors. I don't really see any reason why Utd couldn't come through this next little run of games with some good results but they've got to cut out the stupid mistakes that players are making.

This really is where it's got to start for Utd stop making so many individual errors especially in defensive areas and almost gifting our opponents goals. These are basic things that have crept into our performances really in the last month since that Leicester game some of the individual mistakes have been ridiculous.

Where Ole I think has made mistakes himself is he hasn't taken players who are making these mistakes game after game out of the team injuries may have played parts in these decisions but for me Maguire and Shaw should not have been starting together after that Liverpool game. One of them had to be dropped to send a message. How bad must Telles be that he won't play him?

Lose to Chelsea and he's gone, no matter what the board say

That's clearly not true.

Today's reports are the board have decided it's time to move on but will wait until the season ends to get the man they won't. Enrique Zidane and Rodgers in the mix.

Surely if they’ve got a chance on Luis Enrique you get him now if he’s going to ditch Spain before the World Cup it’s better he does it now with qualification secured and the tournament 12 months away. Especially after what happened at the last World Cup.

If he's dependent on losing one game then he's already a goner. At this point it very much is a case of when not if. It isn't going to be before Christmas though unless they lose the next 2/3.

according to IDFD above, they've decided to change manager, but are waiting until the end of the season, which is insane.

I don't think they've decided anything they are prepared to wait and see how the season plays out.

Really, the board of one of the largest sporting clubs in the world haven't made a decision and are playing it by ear? Lets just see wha happens?

Unreal, miss top 4, the manager they want might not come, certainly palyers won't come. In fact, I doubt any player of the quality we need will come to united at the moment, under this management. You spend any time watching this team play and there is nothing to encourage you to come.

If a decision hasn't been made then it's unforgivable. But expected from this board.

Well they have made a decision the decision is back Ole to the point where he doesn't meet the minimum target which is top 4.

The moment that starts looking seriously at risk is when they act.

You could argue that had they acted sooner with Moyes, LVG and Mourinho they might not have missed out on top 4 finishes in those seasons.

What concerns me is the target this season was to challenge for the title so really not challenging for the title after 10 games should be getting him the sack.

So Laurie Whitwell who writes for the athletic is reporting that the response when agents have approached Utd about their candidates taking over has remained that the club are committed long term to Ole. They view the recent results as a first blip in the 3 years since he came.

I mean are we just ignoring all the other blips.

2018/19 - Utd finish the season really poorly which costs us a top 4 finish.
2019/20 - Utd get off to a shocker and rely on a Bruno Fernandes inspired comeback in the second half of the season to claw themselves back up to third.
2020/21 - Utd lost 3 home games early in the season and went out of the CL in the group stages in the first half of the season then really just coasted through the rest of the season into 2nd place nowhere near the title winner and no one really putting pressure on us from behind.
2021/22 - Well lets just agree it's not been good.

It may well be that they're keeping things close to their chest in terms of a decision to change Ole and don't want anything leaking out but if they believe this is the first tough period they are deluded it has happened every season with him in charge. With Ole the high's are massive as are the low's there's never really been a dull moment but he's never cracked consistency we don't seem to be able to put a bad result behind us and move on.

Gerrard putting Potter off the list thank God, Rodgers lost again.

Do it's down to

Enrique, who isn't going to leave before the WC
Ten Hag
ZZ
Poch
The only one free now is ZZ

Graham Potter is the choice.

Carrick is the guy that gets it until the end of the season.

Really? Carrick is part of the problem as well - the whole coaching team is.

We might have the new Klopp, Pep or Tuchel sat alongside Ole for all we know, but until we get a squad of players that take responsibility on the pitch and can do the basics under pressure we won't find that out.

I can't find anything about who they've got lined up. Surely a business this big planned for this outcome.

If they get Rodgers it will show a complete lack of planning. Leicester lining up Lampard apparently, not because United are after Rodgers, but because of their form

I can't find anything about who they've got lined up. Surely a business this big planned for this outcome.

If they get Rodgers it will show a complete lack of planning. Leicester lining up Lampard apparently, not because United are after Rodgers, but because of their form
This actually is the major issue. There has been mismanagement from the top down for many years. The genius of Fergie hid that mismanagement for a few of those. Ole is not and in truth never was the guy to win us leagues, however under this ownership I am not sure anyone could do it. They never have a plan, let alone a plan B.

"Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season."

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back