How long do we give Solskjaer?

Unless City pump us on Saturday he’s going nowhere.

There is absolutely no signs of improvement.

He doesn’t trust his system and when Varane went down why not just stick with 3-4-1-2 and put on Telles move Shaw into the back 3.

Second half we ended up 4-2-4 with no one on the left, 2 centre forwards and Bruno man marked out the game.

Defence is just a horror show we have no shape

I think we're gonna get pasted by City. Without Varane we're relying on Bailly to have 90 minutes of professionalism and not the usually 70 plus 20 minutes of madman on the loose. We go 352 and we've got a fighting chance. Pogba gets to watch from the stands. We're looking like glass cannons right now: we can strike lethally but you tap us once and we shatter. The fact that Ronaldo had to come up with two fecking beauties to salvage a point against Atafuckinglanta says that thing are not right. We were an absolute mess today. How many times did we cheaply give the ball away with shitty passing or shitty decisions? Has to be 15 or 20 times. We have no cohesion. Ole is a lovely dude and I wish him well but this team is not coached in the fecking basics. Our shape went out the window and at times you could have thrown a hat over half our team, we were so close to each other. Individual Brilliance, Jailbreak FC is not the way forwards. Ole, you're a legend, but your coaching staff are fecking clueless.

Strongest U-turn I've ever seen. He's going nowhere. If he was we'd have swooped in yesterday.

Board are fully waiting on Potter in the summer ;)
Ha, it is a U-turn, but this season has been terrible, the results too. There is no way he is going to turn it around. He doesn't seem to know what to do with this group of players.
I'm gutted, but he's got to go :(

He won’t be sacked on Saturday unless it’s another heavy defeat. Even then the results against Spurs and Atalanta has probably saved him.

I'm hoping beyond reality that somehow he snaps out of this run and we go on one of those 10 game winning streaks. But ultimately this season is in likelihood his last as I can't see us hitting 85 points now. However I do think he'll get the season because if the board were going to make the change it would have happened after losing 5-0 whilst Conte was available.

I'm wondering if they do have someone in mind at this point though or are actually that inept they haven't even discussed with anyone.

If they don't suddenly find out how to play together, it will be another heavy defeat. Even against decent sides City have a huge amount of ball, I just can't see anything but a mauling.

I won't be able to watch or listen unfortunately, got other commitments.

If they don't suddenly find out how to play together, it will be another heavy defeat. Even against decent sides City have a huge amount of ball, I just can't see anything but a mauling.

I won't be able to watch or listen unfortunately, got other commitments.
That will probably be a blessing :)

I'll probably be in the car during the City game as we're travelling to see family that 12.30 kick off really stitched me up.

For me the tell tale signs are the performances as much as the results. I think in all comps it's now 15 games and I'd say Utd have put in a really good 90 minutes performance twice away to West Ham and away to Spurs. Think in both games Utd were comfortable despite going behind vs West Ham to a fluke goal and them missing a last minute penalty I felt Utd played well and deserved to win both those games. The Leeds and Newcastle games were a bit odd as both were quite open but we had a short spell where we just ripped them apart but these are two of the worst teams in the league. Atalanta at home I actually don't think we were too bad that day made two silly errors but created loads of chances to win that game comfortably. Young Boys I felt we dug in that night and should have got the draw with 10 men after playing for nearly an hour with a man less but Lingard made a howler that cost us.

So if I'm being generous that's 5 games out of 15 where I think you can say Utd have played well and deserved to win that game that is very alarming and it was a similar thing last year as well with all the comebacks.

That's really why I just don't see going anywhere and the sooner it's changed the better but the board clearly don't want to make a change so we'll be stuck going round and round with Ole for another 6 months.

There's just absolutely nothing about them that makes you think this is going to get better.

As I said yesterday I was playing poker. Simon Jordon is saying on talksport that when Varane got injured Ole asked Ronaldo if he should switch to a back 4 or stick with a 5.

Anyone else notice this? I assume he's just talking rubbish but thought i'd see if anyone else could verify they also noticed it.

That's some pure BS from Simon Jordan one of the many reasons I don't listen to Talksport. Unless he's spoken to Ole, Ronaldo or one of the coaching team he shouldn't be speculating on what might have been said. There's no way he's the only person who's spotted this the man is talking out of his hoop as per usual.

Pretty sure the game restarted for a short spell with us down to 10 as we prepared the sub so we were briefly 4-4-1 before Greenwood came on. Varane limped off and at that point I don't think Utd had decided who was coming on so the ref restarted the game next time the ball went out Greenwood came on.

Assuming any conversation even happened it's likely Ole was getting a message on to Ronaldo and others that we are changing the formation and to get the message to the rest of the team.

As I said yesterday I was playing poker. Simon Jordon is saying on talksport that when Varane got injured Ole asked Ronaldo if he should switch to a back 4 or stick with a 5.

Anyone else notice this? I assume he's just talking rubbish but thought i'd see if anyone else could verify they also noticed it.
I must admit when I was watching, the camera did point to Ole and sure I saw him mouth something about a back four as Varane was walking off. Not sure if it was aimed to a player or one of the coaches.

There is a huge difference in telling your players you're going to a back four and asking them!

It has to be BS.

I'm hoping beyond reality that somehow he snaps out of this run and we go on one of those 10 game winning streaks.
I know you're being realistic bud and I know that deep down you want Ole to succeed but ultimately you realise that perhaps he's just not going to. But surely you don't want them to snap this run and go on one of those 10 game winning streaks? Because at this point it is a vicious cycle. They struggle for form, his job appears in the balance and then they go on a run. That's not going to win major silverware or compete for the title.

Well I'd love United to win every game we play and that'll never change. I'm never going to go in to a game hoping we don't win in the hope my child hood hero gets sacked.

Well I'd love United to win every game we play and that'll never change. I'm never going to go in to a game hoping we don't win in the hope my child hood hero gets sacked.
And I get that I really do. But surely you can see the pattern that keeps emerging?

If we win out next 10 it'll mean we've beat City and Chelsea. And will be right in the title race.

I'll take it.

I think he's a dead man walking but I'll continue to hold out hope.

Ajax beat Dortmund tonight

4 wins from 4. He's got to be the guy we're looking at

Dortmund been down to 10 most the game though.

He's my second option though.

However I'm gonna use this post to abuse PSG. We used to have a cu*t thread on an old forum. They'd be firmly in it. Cost me a 400/1 Acca.

Conceded in the 92nd minute and I wasn't paying attention because I'm playing poker again and last I looked Ajax wern't winning.

10 league matches between now and the winter break/end of the year, with predictions:
Man City L
Watford W
Chelsea L
Arsenal W
Crystal Palace W
Norwich W
Brentford L
Brighton D
Newcastle W
Burnley D

5W 3L 2D overall league record would then be: 10W 6L 4D.
Would that be enough to keep Ole in the job? Maybe we can turn those draws into wins, and turn one or two of those losses into draws or better. What is the margin for error? If Watford and Arsenal turn up that would be 4 losses in a row, and 8W 8L 4D is a pretty dismal record. That is about what Everton and Spurs are on, with number of wins and losses being equal.

Looking at the fixtures and the opponents, it really seems like it's going to be the manner in which we are destroyed by City and Chelsea that will determine Ole's fate. Will Pep show mercy like Klopp did? I'm trying to see it from the board's perspective. Do they see it out to the end of the year?

The time to make the switch was before the Man City game. Turn that one and the Chelsea one into wins, and probably figure out a way to beat Brentford's press. If the board wait until after Chelsea, they might as well wait until the end of the year because the remaining matches are among "lesser" opponents and Ole should be expected to get results against them.

We/Ole have to turn the matches against top 5/6 opponents into Wins, and I don't see how that's going to happen with our defense in total shambles and our midfield falling apart. The 352 might help, but now with Varane out for a month and Lindelof also injured, we are short.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back