How long do we give Solskjaer?

Say we sack Ole, bring in Conte and he wins the league next season. Then what? He comes with the same toxicity as Jose and when he leaves after the following season, we’d be right back where we started when Ole took over.

This works at Chelsea bc their owner wants to win and is willing to improve the team when necessary. At United, Conte would be told to deal with what he’s got and coach better.

I was there today as always and it was absolutely woeful playing two defensive midfielders against Villa FFS. Lots of people want Ole out but that aint the way forward at this point. Its a rebuild and don't forget where we were a few seasons ago. Joses rubbish signings is not Oles fault ( Fred and Lindelhof to name two) and he is still contending with that. Get two decent Midfielders in then see how we go

What has he done to sort the midfield out though?

At some point someone has to look at the management and say the performances are not up to scratch and haven’t been for a while even if results have been decent. Far to often Utd are conceding the first goal in games you can’t keep doing that in football matches.

Ole has done a great job and deserves more time to prove he can carrying on moving us forward but I do worry he’s hit his ceiling as I’m not even sure what he wants from his team.

Say we sack Ole, bring in Conte and he wins the league next season. Then what? He comes with the same toxicity as Jose and when he leaves after the following season, we’d be right back where we started when Ole took over.

This works at Chelsea bc their owner wants to win and is willing to improve the team when necessary. At United, Conte would be told to deal with what he’s got and coach better.

I don’t think we will ever have managers lasting decades again and if Conte wins who says things turn toxic at Inter it ended because the owners pulled the money he didn’t want anything to do with that. Had the owners remained committed he might have stuck around who knows?

Not calling for him to come in but he is the man waiting in the wings for any club that sacks their manager.

I think any manager would love to work with this group of players we all know where the weakness is.

He has to go - a couple of good results papered over the cracks again but we lost to Young Boys, then West Ham in a cup (they played a B team as much as we did) and now this. Can't see us getting a good result in midweek. Sorry but Ole wasn't good enough for Cardiff - what more needs to be said?
Could not agree more brother!

I'm still puzzled at our major signing who can't even get a game in the starting X1?
When a club pays over 70 million quid for a player, surely he must be 1 of the key men instantly? What's happening with Sancho?

I'm still puzzled at our major signing who can't even get a game in the starting X1?
When a club pays over 70 million quid for a player, surely he must be 1 of the key men instantly? What's happening with Sancho?

Same happened with Havertz last season he looked poor for 6 months before getting up to speed in the league.

The Ronaldo one is the potential issue as he clearly wasn’t part of the plan until the very last moment

I was there today as always and it was absolutely woeful playing two defensive midfielders against Villa FFS. Lots of people want Ole out but that aint the way forward at this point. Its a rebuild and don't forget where we were a few seasons ago. Joses rubbish signings is not Oles fault ( Fred and Lindelhof to name two) and he is still contending with that. Get two decent Midfielders in then see how we go
You could get all the midfield players you want but if we don't have a system of play then it makes no difference. From the outset it has been clear we still do not have a defined way of playing. Even if you don't have the players, you start implementing a method of playing so all the current players are clear on their roles and responsibilities, and buy players to suit the system.

I don’t think we will ever have managers lasting decades again and if Conte wins who says things turn toxic at Inter it ended because the owners pulled the money he didn’t want anything to do with that. Had the owners remained committed he might have stuck around who knows?

Not calling for him to come in but he is the man waiting in the wings for any club that sacks their manager.

I think any manager would love to work with this group of players we all know where the weakness is.
He had just won the Scudetto with his current squad. Fair enough if he kicked off when they were gonna sell everyone not bolted down, but that wasn’t the case at Chelsea, and things were toxic by the end despite winning the league and the FA Cup.

The thing is, the argument against Ole is that a manager who is all about the tactics and shape and setting out his side will get results out of this squad. In reality, LvG and Jose tried that and it was a disaster. These players don’t respond to that style of management, nor do they want to be told how kick every ball. Part of Ole’s successes have been his man management abilities, that somebody like Conte lacks. Chelsea is a club without history or pedigree. Their fans don’t expect a certain style or a side to play a certain way. They want trophies, however they are able to get them. The players they’ve attracted aren’t usually youth players who have an affinity yo the club. They’re mercenaries who think they’ll win there. United, for better or worse, isn’t like that, and this squad has been assembled differently. A manager like Conte wouldn’t fit with the squad, or the ethos of the club, something we’ve all felt has been brought back under Ole.

Sack Tuchel. 0 shots on target. Remove Klopp conceding 3 to a newly promoted side.

As I've said previously it seems many just want a name they like instead of realising the football those managers play. Conte? At United? The same people criticising Mourinhos football really calling for that?

He had just won the Scudetto with his current squad. Fair enough if he kicked off when they were gonna sell everyone not bolted down, but that wasn’t the case at Chelsea, and things were toxic by the end despite winning the league and the FA Cup.

The thing is, the argument against Ole is that a manager who is all about the tactics and shape and setting out his side will get results out of this squad. In reality, LvG and Jose tried that and it was a disaster. These players don’t respond to that style of management, nor do they want to be told how kick every ball. Part of Ole’s successes have been his man management abilities, that somebody like Conte lacks. Chelsea is a club without history or pedigree. Their fans don’t expect a certain style or a side to play a certain way. They want trophies, however they are able to get them. The players they’ve attracted aren’t usually youth players who have an affinity yo the club. They’re mercenaries who think they’ll win there. United, for better or worse, isn’t like that, and this squad has been assembled differently. A manager like Conte wouldn’t fit with the squad, or the ethos of the club, something we’ve all felt has been brought back under Ole.

With Conte you just have to accept he’s very demanding at Chelsea it fell apart because he didn’t get the players he wanted after delivering the title. He wasn’t happy that the club allowed Matic to leave and replaced him with players like Drinkwater and Barkley he wanted to try and take on Europe but didn’t get the backing he wanted.

The flip from LVG to Mourinho was a sign of the times at Utd obsession with looking at past success flipped from one style of play to almost the complete opposite and it was a disaster. It was clear that at the very top the club had no idea about the game and no intention to move with the times and look for a more modern approach to the game.

I think jumping from Ole to Conte would be a gamble but one thing you can say about a Conte is he’s a winner he won’t accept failure he demands the best from his players maximum effort for maximum reward. If these players can’t handle a manager that expects them to be at their best every minute of every day then they don’t belong at Utd as Ole will have the same demands of them.

Conte would quickly work out the best way for this lot to play to get the results he’s shown this ability at multiple clubs and with Italy let’s not forget he’s never took over a club that was already on top.

Again not saying this is the change we have to make now but if Ole doesn’t sort out the performances and results quickly he won’t be at this club much longer.

I wouldn't want to say ole out and to a degree he hasn't really done anything to be sacked over. He has done lots of good things for this club including getting them stable again after Jose. He shouldn't be sacked at the moment but ultimately I think he will be. I don't think he will take us to the next level.

Pretty much how I feel.

With Conte you just have to accept he’s very demanding at Chelsea it fell apart because he didn’t get the players he wanted after delivering the title. He wasn’t happy that the club allowed Matic to leave and replaced him with players like Drinkwater and Barkley he wanted to try and take on Europe but didn’t get the backing he wanted.

The flip from LVG to Mourinho was a sign of the times at Utd obsession with looking at past success flipped from one style of play to almost the complete opposite and it was a disaster. It was clear that at the very top the club had no idea about the game and no intention to move with the times and look for a more modern approach to the game.

I think jumping from Ole to Conte would be a gamble but one thing you can say about a Conte is he’s a winner he won’t accept failure he demands the best from his players maximum effort for maximum reward. If these players can’t handle a manager that expects them to be at their best every minute of every day then they don’t belong at Utd as Ole will have the same demands of them.

Conte would quickly work out the best way for this lot to play to get the results he’s shown this ability at multiple clubs and with Italy let’s not forget he’s never took over a club that was already on top.

Again not saying this is the change we have to make now but if Ole doesn’t sort out the performances and results quickly he won’t be at this club much longer.
I don't think if Conte's side were knocked out of the ELC, at home, he would give his match summation as " well, we gave it a go! "

He has to go - a couple of good results papered over the cracks again but we lost to Young Boys, then West Ham in a cup (they played a B team as much as we did) and now this. Can't see us getting a good result in midweek. Sorry but Ole wasn't good enough for Cardiff - what more needs to be said?
No more needs to be said. Almost 3 yrs in charge with no end results. Ole acolytes and disciples, of which there r many, constantly scream of 'improvement' Where exactly?
Can't use yesterday's shambolic display as an example!

I was quite fond of Fergie's ethos. Win silverware

You think he’s getting players if he wins the league with United? The Glazers rarely invest then they make top 4.

If they sack Ole, it’s because they believe he’s the thing holding the squad back, ergo, the players are good enough, but the manager isn’t. If Conte wins something, that belief is only solidified, and they aren’t giving Conte what he or any other manager would want.

Ole gets so much more leeway than any other manager at United would because of who he is. I've said for a long time that they won't win major silverware under him and I stand by that. That doesn't mean he's done a bad job it just means he's reached his limit in my opinion. And nothing that he's done so far has suggested or hinted to me that I'm wrong.

Ole gets so much more leeway than any other manager at United would because of who he is. I've said for a long time that they won't win major silverware under him and I stand by that. That doesn't mean he's done a bad job it just means he's reached his limit in my opinion. And nothing that he's done so far has suggested or hinted to me that I'm wrong.

You may have said it for a long time but it isn't true. If Ole looks like he's failing to reach the targets set by the owners he'll be sacked. He's just hit the targets set by them every season so far.

The club are in a tricky situation to be honest. As I said yesterday he hasn't done much wrong. He has changed the mood of the club, he has brought in some better players, and he has got rid of some deadwood. He has improved our league position pretty much year on year. Plus had Bruno scored that penalty I think we would have been too of the league. How ridiculous does the club look sacking somebody who has done that.

Unfortunately he hasn't brought in any silverware in those three years, even something minor to keep the wolves from his door, which was why I was annoyed after the West ham game. His in game management, whilst not as bad as maybe Twitter suggests, can be pretty suspect.

Ultimately I don't think he has the capability to move us to the next level and will be sacked, but to do that right now would probably be harsh

Whoever suggested Conte needs their head looking at. He'll just destroy all the good work of Ole

There is no stand out candidate around. Ole needs to get his arse in gear get rid of McKenna and get some decent back up. It's too early to burn the project but some kind of cohesiveness needs to shine through soon.

The problem with sacking McKenna is we are only really guessing that he is the problem based on his lack of experience and quickfire promotion. I would assume he has a way back into academy football if he so wished as he was very successful there. But he could be the best assistant in the league, we just don't know. Same applies to Carrick

You taking 13th and the FA Cup this season? Bc that’s what Fergie did in his 4th season.
The FA Cup would certainly go down well. No, I reckon OGS's biggest achievement this season is if he can somehow help entice Haaland to OT.
Only reason I can think of for him still being in the job?

Last 2 games at OT. 55 shots at goal, no goals scored. Astonishing!
But still Ole's acolytes see improvement?
Depends who u put 1st. OGS or MUFC?

Whoever suggested Conte needs their head looking at. He'll just destroy all the good work of Ole

There is no stand out candidate around. Ole needs to get his arse in gear get rid of McKenna and get some decent back up. It's too early to burn the project but some kind of cohesiveness needs to shine through soon.

No one suggested Conte I just highlighted he’s the free man on the market right now for any club that wants to make a change but there’s plenty of issues that come with him. He is an excellent manager one of the best around currently but unlike Ole away from the pitch he’s a handful for any owners as he’s always demanding more.

Not sure why people look at the coaching team we have absolutely no idea what they do. Ole is the manager he is responsible for performance pointing fingers at the coaches to me is just a way of not looking at the real problem he’s had plenty of opportunities to make changes in that department and he hasn’t done it so we must assume he’s happy with his coaches.

He needs to sort it out because once again the tide is turning on him after a poor run of results but we know how football works two wins in the next two games could start swinging it back his way.

Last 2 games at OT. 55 shots at goal, no goals scored. Astonishing!
But still Ole's acolytes see improvement?
Depends who u put 1st. OGS or MUFC?
I'd say it's the other way around. Do you put United first or your baseless hatred of Ole first?

You've seen improvement year on year but pretend to be blinkered and like it isn't true the club had improved with him around.

Not sure why people look at the coaching team we have absolutely no idea what they do
If it's not coaches coaching the team then they can go anyway
Ole is doing well as manager, looking at team play, it's the coaching where the problems lie

Can't find any actual quotes, but reports of players not liking his coaching and methods, lacks experience etc, which is a bit how we play

Good grief! That's an incredible stance
Not really. You’re basing an argument about how bad Ole is on how many shots we’ve had without scoring.

Need to take those Ole out tinted spectacles off for one moment and have a coherent argument.

I'd say it's the other way around. Do you put United first or your baseless hatred of Ole first?

You've seen improvement year on year but pretend to be blinkered and like it isn't true the club had improved with him around.
Im not pretending to be blinkered buddy
Also!!! I do not hate Ole. I just do not think he is up for the job. Hatred is a venomous state of mind, which I play no part in!!!
I want to see MUFC back where we belong which is the upper echelons of world football. Now, not after another 3 or 4 years of 'improving'

You may have said it for a long time but it isn't true. If Ole looks like he's failing to reach the targets set by the owners he'll be sacked. He's just hit the targets set by them every season so far.
It is true though. Right now he's done nothing to prove my thoughts wrong.

Not really. You’re basing an argument about how bad Ole is on how many shots we’ve had without scoring.

Need to take those Ole out tinted spectacles off for one moment and have a coherent argument.
Ok, how many decent performances in this season? I would suggest 1. Against Leeds. Since then, mainly mediocre.
When a manager of 1 of the world's biggest clubs with fantastic resources at his disposal can't, or won't, work out how to change things around i.e. a Plan B, I'm concerned.
When a manager who seriously sets his sights on winning, not just challenging, the EPL title, yet can possibly think that a McFred midfield combination can help achieve this, baffles me

My issue is that I have the same complaints as I did 1-2 years ago. His improvement is minimal. The performance against Young Boys should have had alarm bells ringing for even his staunchest supporters.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only non-Ole disciple aboard. We all love Ole but in what capacity is the most pertinent question?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back