Henderson to Forest on Loan

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Not always the most reliable of sources but the sun are reporting the club are willing to let him leave on loan in January even rumours they'd consider a loan move that runs for next season as well.

Finding any club that willing to pay his wages will be tough but Newcastle probably need a new goalie so they'd probably be happy picking up a guy like Henderson if he's willing to go there.

Bigger picture for him the only top side who are probably due a keeper change is Spurs as a I think Lloris is out of contract this summer most of the other sides seem unlikely to change their number 1 any time soon. West Ham might be another one not sure how long Fabianksi will still be around for.

Hard to say if he went on an 18 month loan and looked great and De Gea's contract expires they could bring him back but he needs to be playing every week now he can't sit around at Utd waiting.

He's already seen people jump ahead of him in the England squad.

Reports are he's trying to get a loan move for the rest of the season as he wants to play more regularly he's told the club he wants to go as he doesn't think he's been treated fairly this season.

Utd apparently don't want to let him go on loan in case De Gea gets injured.

Going out of the league cup so early really screwed Henderson as De Gea is back at somewhere near his best form he's not going to get a chance to rotate unless De Gea's form goes off a cliff or gets injured.

World Cup in 12 months he's already seem Aaron Ramsdale jump ahead of him in the England setup he needs to go and play.

If Newcastle stay up they'll need to buy a keeper we really should be looking to cash him in to them as he's more than good enough for what they need as they look to buy a squad that can move them up the table.

Apparently he's in talks with Newcastle.

For me I think we cash in with him Ramsdale went for around £30m last summer Utd should be able to get something similar for this guy.

I think United should keep Henderson and have him as the #1 next year.

Look De Gea has had a great year. He's been either the best or second best United player. But he always is when the team struggles. When he's kept busy and he's having to make a lot of saves he's very good. But when he's quieter he struggles. And his ability to come off his line and his ability to build from the back is going to be a major issue.

I think get rid he's clearly shown he's not happy being a number 2 let him move on with his career as from what we saw he wasn't obviously better than De Gea.

Use the money from the sale to strengthen the areas where we are weak.

I don't think either will be here in 18 months.

All that talk of the deal to Newcastle basically being a sure thing seems to have been scrapped apparently he's not on their radar as a potential signing this summer.

Nottingham Forest are interested according to the rumour mill today their current keeper apparently fell out with the club and wants a move.

loan with an option to buy is what's being talked about.

Risky deal for Utd because obviously if they get relegated they won't be buying him.

Looking down the premier league table there probably aren't many clubs who you'd think are in the market for a number 1 keeper. Palace, Newcastle and Southampton are the only ones who I think would be looking for a keeper outside of the promoted sides. Everyone else seems to have a pretty established number 1.

If Utd are smart they'll drop the transfer fee and include a buy back option or sell on clause that way if he does well and develops we have an option to bring him back. Sell for £10m buy back at £15m something like that.

Henderson is probably going to have to accept a pay cut to as no club is going to match what Utd pay him.

I guess their current keeper Samba has rejected a new deal so it kind of makes sense. He definitely needs a move away so this could be a match made in heaven. Don’t see too many opportunities elsewhere apart from Newcastle I guess.

I don’t like these fixed obligation to buy fees though. £20m has been quoted as the fee - but if he has an absolute stormer of a season he could be sold for double that.

I guess their current keeper Samba has rejected a new deal so it kind of makes sense. He definitely needs a move away so this could be a match made in heaven. Don’t see too many opportunities elsewhere apart from Newcastle I guess.

I don’t like these fixed obligation to buy fees though. £20m has been quoted as the fee - but if he has an absolute stormer of a season he could be sold for double that.

Unless it's an obligation to buy it's not really worth anything you're better off not having the figure in the deal as it just becomes a negotiating position and like you say the deck is against you as you can't increase his value but they can try to decrease it. Villa did it with Coutinho they had a £30m option they ended up paying £15m as Barca were that desperate to get him gone.

A loan is a good move for Henderson I don't think he'd want to make it permanent he won't want to end up playing in the championship.

He's running out of places to go.

Southampton/Palace have both signed new keepers already and looks like Newcastle are going to land Pope.

That move to Forest might be his only option at this rate.

There was a few noises that Schmeichel might leave Leicester this summer so that could become an option but pretty much everyone currently has an established number 1.

He's gonna be kept busy at Forest with their defence that's for sure, so who knows he might still have a chance to make the World Cup squad if he performs, which was surely United's idea after agreeing to the loan with no obligation to sell.

Good opportunity for him think Utd probably hope a decent season with them on loan then cash in next summer.

He's reached the point where he needs to be a number 1 somewhere.

Been reported no option/obligation to buy included in the deal.

Think it's a good deal for all parties hopefully he does well and Utd can get a decent transfer fee for him next summer.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back