Harry Maguire to West Ham | Fee Agreed

The problem is, we cannot replace him until he leaves. So it's double bad.

Two words - Eric Bailly. ;)

Maguire isn’t a bad defender by any means but his confidence is shot at this club, he’s a bag of nerves every time he steps onto the field. That’s not even a main dig at him because the idiotic fans who get on his back are also very much to blame.

If we were down to the bare bones then yes we would have to play him but Lindelof and Shaw would be my picks ahead of him right now.

Wow, just wow, so i'm guessing you are playing Dalot at left-back, or are you promoting one of the clubs promising youngsters @jsp or @IDFD (both talented but wet behind the ears) and hoping they don't embarrass United or themselves?

Onana
AWB Lindelof Shaw Dalot/AN Other

That's enough to give anybody nightmares!​

Wow, just wow, so i'm guessing you are playing Dalot at left-back, or are you promoting one of the clubs promising youngsters @jsp or @IDFD (both talented but wet behind the ears) and hoping they don't embarrass United or themselves?

Onana
AWB Lindelof Shaw Dalot/AN Other

That's enough to give anybody nightmares!​
Or Malacia maybe?

Or Malacia maybe?

We won't see much of Malacia this side of Christmas apparently due to injury. And even if he were to made a miraculous recovery at 5' nothing is he really who you'd want when it's all coming on top?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If the club can find a replacement and a buyer he'll leave in January, he isn't going to win his place back under ETH.

I did hear a fairly reliable journalist claim on a podcast that the move to West Ham was blocked by Utd in the summer. He was never given permission to talk to them even after the fee was agreed because Utd had to find the replacement first.

West Ham eventually got tired of waiting and pulled out.

Banging on about his win percentage isn't going to help him with Utd fans.

Last season his record when starting was
Europa League - started 3 games lost 3 games
FA Cup - started 3 games won 3 games
EFL Cup - started 2 games won 2 games
Premier League - started 8 games won 6 lost 2.

So he started 16 in total won 11 and lost 5.

Most of the games he started that we won were against teams that finished in the bottom half of the table.

Think it's good that he's come out and said the deal to West Ham was never really on because of Utd, it wasn't him rejecting the move or demanding pay offs from Utd that stopped it happening.

Few clubs rumoured to be in for him in Jan

Dilema, we want to sell him, but with our current injury list, not sure we can let him go. Lindelof is always on the verge of injury.

I think we'd need a replacement, rumoured to be chasing Guehi

To me the solution here is you buy a young centre back who's ready to replace Varane either in January or in the summer. We can't keep messing about with his injury problems.

Then bring in another squad player for the summer. Maguire, Varane and Evans probably shouldn't be at the club next season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back