Harry Maguire | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, last two league games he's done well. So has Lindelof, in fact the back four seem better. I wonder will happen when De Gea comes back in.

Some article at the weekend said we're going to bid for Pope

Yep defence has been doing well recently another clean sheet in the bag.

Will be interesting to see what happens with De Gea he's now back in Manchester isolating and may even be available vs Milan if he clears his Covid tests.

They are both playing well at the moment. But the stats do highlight who the clearly stronger defender is in every area. A lot of this JSP went through before but just thought I'd post at they're up to date.

Think having a keeper who is happy coming off the line helps as he deals with some of the balls in behind rather than our two CB having to run back to deal with it.

I know not everyone agrees but I think Maguire since he joined has knocked spots off Lindelof in terms of how he defends and maintain as a centre back there really aren’t many better in this league. Also, look at the minutes he plays it’s ridiculous that he hardly misses a game but he will never live up to his price tag because he will never be an 80m defender.

I think getting the right partner for him next season will be vital.

Man Utd 3-1 Burnley

he will be disappointed with the goal got bullied by Tarkowski one of the few players in the league that can physically do that to him but also had a tough time with Woods as Burnley put us under pressure with a lot of direct play.

Aston Villa 1-3 Man Utd

Left the ground with a protective boot on his ankle the club haven't said much yet as it's to early to tell my guess is he'll be getting scanned today.

Europa Final is only 2 weeks away plus the euros to follow a really bad time for the skipper to get injured.

Hopefully it's nothing serious and he doesn't miss the big games as he deserves to play them even if he's not to everyone's liking I think we're going to miss him if he's not available.

100% I wouldn't expect to see him against Liverpool either.

Didn't realize he'd played every league minute since his arrival. Chain him to the physio table until the final. No sense making it worse.

Ole confirmed he’s damaged ankle ligaments no break and no surgery so he’s got a chance of making the final in 2 weeks but I’d say it’s got to be touch and go at this stage.

You only notice how good he is when he isn't playing.

The most under rated player in the league.

Anyone want to put together an analysis of the goals we conceded. Embarrassing how bad we are without him.

He's not perfect but he's better than our other options and I think that has shown in recent games when he hasn't been available.

Going to be fit for the final apparently, although it didn't work out too well for Jonny Evans yesterday

He's now walking without the protected boot on but Ole pretty much ruled him out of the final said he needs to prove his fitness by Tuesday if he wants to play.

Could be mind games but you don't recover from an injury like that this quickly he's got to be now seen as a doubt for the Euro's as well this summer.

Such a shame because it's a freak accident injury and the bloke has been so reliable for us from a fitness point of view.

I think if there is any doubt, he shouldn't play, no matter how awful the Bailly/Lindelof partnership is.

It's hopeful he was up and about at the premier.

Think there's a big difference between walking and running/turning/jumping with these sort of things.

I'm sure we've all had ankle sprains before you can sort of walk about with them in not to much discomfort.

I agree if he isn't 100% he shouldn't start the game the chuckle brothers will just need to get their act together and get by without the skipper.

I'd trust a half fit Maguire over the mess that is Bailly and Lindelof. Hopefully Ole is just playing mind games.

I'd like us to do away with McFred and go attacking, just go after them, I don't want some edgy final. If we concede so what, just score more.

When it comes to a final all that matters is the result no one really remembers how you played in 10 years time all that matters is getting the win at the end. We weren't exactly free flowing vs Ajax in 2017 but we were well organised and punished their lack of experience on the night got the win and lifted the trophy had basically an entire starting XI on the sidelines on crutches that night as well if memory serves me right.

I think Villareal are missing their quick winger for the final he's picked up an injury and the striker is quite old but very clever so you'd hope two international centre backs can handle that on the night. Maybe Ole needs to play them both at the weekend to give them another 90 minutes together but knowing our luck one or both will get injured.

There's 5 subs so if he's close you probably can risk it because if it goes early you can just make a change and still leave yourself changes for later on but it's a big gamble to take especially if it cost you a goal because he can't run properly. He's not exactly rapid when he's fully fit is he?

If you gamble on Maguire you can't also gamble on Rashford.

I think to play in a final I'd want to see him playing like there's nothing wrong with him in training to consider putting him in the side if there's any doubt you have to leave him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back