Harry Maguire incident in Greece

I wouldn't disagree but based on the initial trial I would not be confident that these guidelines would be followed. Lose the appeal and I imagine he could be looking at jail time, not that I have any idea on Greek law, if they indeed have any.

Put Greece on the quarantine list so as all Brits dont go. That will give them something to think about.

I mean Mykonos can wave goodbye to footballers for a long time.

He hired a top lawyer but it was clearly a fit up you can’t charge, try and sentence someone on bribery charges in under 24 hours.

Should there not be repercussions from the club though?
Seemingly not - just read that he has the support of the club and will remain captain.

United probably understand the trial was one big sham. Like jsp you can’t roll over the case in 24 hours! It was crazy how fast it went!

It's a tricky one. Because clearly something happened. But united normally do stick by their players, eg. Cantona.

He's stupid, a multi millioniare footballer, captain of Man Utd, out drinking with the plebs. Even I don't like mixing with people, get a private villa next time mate.

But it is begining to sound like a fit up

It's a tricky one. Because clearly something happened. But united normally do stick by their players, eg. Cantona.

He's stupid, a multi millioniare footballer, captain of Man Utd, out drinking with the plebs. Even I don't like mixing with people, get a private villa next time mate.

But it is begining to sound like a fit up

Plebs? He’s at a bar with friends and family they’ve hired a VIP area and spent over £60k on food and drink. The sort of people hanging out drinking in these places are far from plebs and Mykonos has been full of footballers this summer because the usual places like Vegas, Ibiza and Dubai have been off limits due to quarantine rules.

He gets two weeks a year to let loose and enjoy himself if you believe the story about his sister being drugged then he’s done nothing wrong he’s actually the victim. Of course we don’t know if his version of events is the truth or not. The lesson here is the lesson for any tourist keep your wits about you as you can quickly find yourself in bother with the local constabulary if they take a disliking to you.

His appeal has been accepted and the whole case will be retried in a more senior court which means under Greek law he is once again a free man with no criminal record. The new case will likely not be heard for a few months.

Another saga as ridiculous and will get as boring as the Sancho signing

Only gets ridiculous if you let it until they set a trial date nothing will really happen now as he’s not going to talk about it in public and neither will the club.

Same with Sancho until you get everyone saying bid accepted assume everything you read about a transfer is tomorrow’s chip paper.

I think that would be petty. He had a night out that ended in a fight. Let him pay the fine and move on.
You may be right. I may be looking at it with a bias view as I'm not a huge Maguire fan and don't think he's a true United captain. He's a very good player but I am not a huge huge fan and I do think that he's overrated.

Does Southgate/FA look stupid now for dropping him?

I think the club have to take time and gather the facts then make the decision.

Maguire I think has shown fantastic leadership skills through the season haven’t seen our players so United (no pun intended) in a long time, carries himself well in interviews, played through pain for months to help the team, was fantastic during the pandemic. Key figure in getting players to donate money towards NHS charities.

Does Southgate/FA look stupid now for dropping him?

I think the club have to take time and gather the facts then make the decision.

Maguire I think has shown fantastic leadership skills through the season haven’t seen our players so United (no pun intended) in a long time, carries himself well in interviews, played through pain for months to help the team, was fantastic during the pandemic. Key figure in getting players to donate money towards NHS charities.
Probably not, regardless of anything else he now needs to get his head straightened out taking him out of any pressure areas I think is the right thing to do.

Probably not, regardless of anything else he now needs to get his head straightened out taking him out of any pressure areas I think is the right thing to do.

Why include him in the first place?

Dropping him was a reaction to the verdict which is now being recognised as somewhat dubious in a court.

Feels to me like the call came from above him from the men in blazers at the FA.

Why include him in the first place?

Dropping him was a reaction to the verdict which is now being recognised as somewhat dubious in a court.

Feels to me like the call came from above him from the men in blazers at the FA.
That's probably right

That's what I meant. Even if you don't really like Lingard and think he's not very good, who cares if he got in a fight in Greece while in a private capacity.
Umm... I mean perhaps it's unfair but yeah I think fans should care? Maguire is representing United whether he likes it or not and he's also the club captain. But hey it looks like it's all a load of rubbish and all rather dodgy anyway.

If the reports that his sister has been the subject of abuse and Harry hasn’t thrown the first punch are true then I see no reason to throw him under the bus. You’re entitled to defend yourself when attacked.

If the reports that his sister has been the subject of abuse and Harry hasn’t thrown the first punch are true then I see no reason to throw him under the bus. You’re entitled to defend yourself when attacked.
I don't dispute that hence why I said about it all seeming rather dodgy.

Plebs? He’s at a bar with friends and family they’ve hired a VIP area and spent over £60k on food and drink. The sort of people hanging out drinking in these places are far from plebs and Mykonos has been full of footballers this summer because the usual places like Vegas, Ibiza and Dubai have been off limits due to quarantine rules.

If you're in a bar with albanian gangsters and opposing fans chanting at you you're in the wrong bar. Go back to your villa with load of booze and enjoy your time with your friends.

And I imagine that is what he'll do in the future.

He has given an interview and says he was in fear of his life!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have not listened to the interview. Although, I think he should have waited to do this following the court hearing.

I have not listened to the interview. Although, I think he should have waited to do this following the court hearing.
Dont think the interview is actually available to listen to yet but they say the appeal likely wont be heard for at least 18 months, some say 3 years due to a backlog in the Greek courts.
IF you are feeling somewhat aggrieved that's a long time to wait to give your side of the story and you can bet he had the clubs blessing to speak out prior to doing so.
It's likely Harry will have the full might of United's legal team behind him and if there are gaping holes in the prosecution they will likely lose their nerve and drop the charges before they become laughing stocks.

There is no way his legal team would have let him do that interview without knowing he was the innocent party.

On that note. Tonight I had a knife pulled on me by a woman. She’d been going on all night and eventually left. Came back 2 hours later and come at me with a knife. Now most people in the pub had seen the start of it and her being abusive for no reason but those that didn’t still thought the man was the one in the wrong even though she was a complete stranger that kicked off for no reason. It’s important to get both sides of a story. I hope we 100% stand by him until we hear a reason not to.

There is no way his legal team would have let him do that interview without knowing he was the innocent party.

On that note. Tonight I had a knife pulled on me by a woman. She’d been going on all night and eventually left. Came back 2 hours later and come at me with a knife. Now most people in the pub had seen the start of it and her being abusive for no reason but those that didn’t still thought the man was the one in the wrong even though she was a complete stranger that kicked off for no reason. It’s important to get both sides of a story. I hope we 100% stand by him until we hear a reason not to.
Wow, glad you’re okay. You never know how dangerous some people can be in certain situations.

I felt his genuine emotion in the interview and he probably is innocent. Also now his top defence team can mount a proper case no doubt it’ll be thrown out.

I’m sure his legal team were all over that interview they would have determined what questions can be asked and gone through the responses with Maguire to make sure that it couldn’t be used in court by the prosecution.

I think he had to do something as this story will rumble on for years my guess is now he will remain totally silent on it and so will the club.

what had you been arguing about?

One of my friends called Kim Kardashian an ugly slapper. This woman took offence (we were just talking amongst ourselves she was nothing to do with it). Was just a crazy bitch and once she come back with a knife I was taking no chances. That Old St for you!

As for Harry I do hope he manages to clear his name. I imagine with appealing if found guilty he’ll be looking at prison time. You’ve got to think this will effect his form. A horrible thing to have hanging over

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back