Harry Maguire incident in Greece

That'll be Bruno captain next season then.

If you give Bruno the armband and bypass Pog you can kiss goodbye to a new deal I'd say,

Pogba’s already been stripped of the captaincy he knows he isn’t getting it back.

maybe with a new deal. Certainly Maguire will have to lose it.

Think he should be anyway shouldn't he?

See no reason to strip Maguire of the captaincy before this incident if he has punched a police officer he's in big trouble and that will lose him the captaincy and probably get him a big fine off the club can't see it going down to well with Southgate either.

Report is he's involved in a fight the police step in things get very heated verbals and resisting arrest and one of the 3 man party has hit a police officer.

We don't know the full story either has all the hallmarks of a drunken brawl you see every night in the bars on these islands.

Sounds like, on initial reading, fight broke out, he resisted arrest.

Not sure he can remain club captain really, if it was our fans at an away match the club would condemn them.

It doesn't sound like much, but I don't think he can remain captain. IF the initial reports are true.

Aye, and their police are good at making up police assault charges and throwing you in the slammer when too much alcohol is involved

We weren't there we don't know what happens lets see what if anything he gets charged with but now the story is out he'll probably lose the armband no matter what happens unless he comes up with a good cover story.

Good news is in a few weeks it'll probably have all blown over so Ole isn't really forced into a press conference to talk about it.

See no reason to strip Maguire of the captaincy before this incident if he has punched a police officer he's in big trouble and that will lose him the captaincy and probably get him a big fine off the club can't see it going down to well with Southgate either.
Well besides the fact that he's really not that good and I don't think worthy captain for a club like United.

The idea he’s not that good is ridiculous.

Please go and watch the first leg of the league cup semi against City.

The reality is he’s our best defender comfortably and in the top 3 defenders in the league.

I'm not sure how good you are is a factor, he seems like a good leader to me.

But, if the initial rumours are true then he needs to be stripped of the arm band

Why should he be stripped of the captaincy? He isn't generally an abrasive character, and even if he has done something silly everybody is entitled to some leniency for a first offence. We have never heard of him being out of order before in his career.
Total nonsense to be talking of taking the armband of him at this point.

Why should he be stripped of the captaincy? He isn't generally an abrasive character, and even if he has done something silly everybody is entitled to some leniency for a first offence. We have never heard of him being out of order before in his career.
Total nonsense to be talking of taking the armband of him at this point.

It's just the done thing though at these levels if he gets charged and has to pay a fine in the court of public opinion you're damaged goods to an extent. It's a bit more than the usual drink driving charges you get from a footballer if he has hit a copper that's pretty serious stuff.

Part of being the captain is being a role model on and off the pitch representing the club 24/7 getting caught up in this means you probably lose that privilege.

Obviously if he gets released without charge then he's probably fine.

It's a shame as I think he was doing a good job.

Well besides the fact that he's really not that good and I don't think worthy captain for a club like United.

Lets put this to the test name me 10 centre backs in world football right now you think are better than Maguire.

Forget fees and all the other nonsense outside of his control purely on ability name be 10 centre backs you'd rather see starting for Utd.

Oh oh, Greek police have opened a case against him AND accused him of attempted bribery :(

Not sure who’s been accused of what just says one of the group threw a punch at a copper and that started a fight.
There ye go

Lets put this to the test name me 10 centre backs in world football right now you think are better than Maguire.

Forget fees and all the other nonsense outside of his control purely on ability name be 10 centre backs you'd rather see starting for Utd.
Bonucci, Alaba, Skriniar, Boateng, Pique, Laporte, Koulibaly, Ramos, Varane, Van Dijk, Ake, Mings, Evans, Coady, Egan, Basham, O'Connell, Azpilicueta, Dunk, Evans.

Numerous of those aren’t even CB’s.

I assume Coasy, Basham, Egan, Azpi, Dunk and Evans are a joke. And I don’t know O’Connells. Bonucci is ready to retire. Alaba is out of his depth at CB, Pique is also past it at the top level. As is Ramos. Try doing a list on current ability as opposed to what these players were.

Ake and Mings are laughable. For me I’d give you on that list Van Dijk, Varane, Laporte, Kouilbaly as realistic options. Skrinier I also don’t know enough about.

As for Boeteng he really thrived when he played for City didn’t he?

Umm... OK...

Laporte, VVD, Ramos, Koulibaly, Varane, Soyuncu, Upamecano, Gomez, Bonucci, Chiellini, Silva, de Ligt, Skriniar, Pique, Tarkowski. I'd take Ake over him to be honest.

Of course you can argue some of those but it's also my opinion.

I’d give you Tarkowski all day long by the way. For me why we don’t sign him to partner Harry I don’t know.

Is that the Gomez that plays Liverpool? Can’t give you Bonucci, Cheillini, Ramos, De Ligt, Pique. Most are past it. De Ligt was awful last season. If it’s the Liverpool Gomez it’s one of the worst footballing shouts I’ve ever seen.

Numerous of those aren’t even CB’s.

I assume Coasy, Basham, Egan, Azpi, Dunk and Evans are a joke. And I don’t know O’Connells. Bonucci is ready to retire. Alaba is out of his depth at CB, Pique is also past it at the top level. As is Ramos. Try doing a list on current ability as opposed to what these players were.

Ake and Mings are laughable. For me I’d give you on that list Van Dijk, Varane, Laporte, Kouilbaly as realistic options. Skrinier I also don’t know enough about.

As for Boeteng he really thrived when he played for City didn’t he?
I assume your diehard defense of Maguire is a joke.

I don’t die hard defend him. Just say it as I see it. You can’t say he’s worse than a player 3 or 4 years past their best.

As I said go and watch the league cup semi and then reevaluate your opinion. After one season you’ve already come to take him for granted.

Umm... OK...

Laporte, VVD, Ramos, Koulibaly, Varane, Soyuncu, Upamecano, Gomez, Bonucci, Chiellini, Silva, de Ligt, Skriniar, Pique, Tarkowski. I'd take Ake over him to be honest.

Of course you can argue some of those but it's also my opinion.
Honestly I believe if at least 2 thirds of these actually played for united they would be absolutely crucified by fans after about a month.

Honestly I believe if at least 2 thirds of these actually played for united they would be absolutely crucified by fans after about a month.
Perhaps they would. But as a neutral I just don't see it with Maguire. Is he good? Yes. Is he really good? Sure. But top class? Not a chance.

Personally I don't think his positioning is that bad. He is comfortable on the ball. I would like him to be a bit quicker on the turn.

Personally I don't think his positioning is that bad. He is comfortable on the ball. I would like him to be a bit quicker on the turn.
Look at the first goal the other night... It's not his mistake necessarily but the whole time after Lindelof makes the error he's in no man's land.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back