Harry Kane

Sideshow Bob

Kane turns 30 in the summer. His contract expires in 2024. His movement has deteriorated but his ability to link play is top notch and he fits the mould for Ten Hag. What are your thoughts on a potential summer move?

Not for the money being asked. Besides, we need a CF who plays in the box, not another attacker dropping deep to create from midfield.

You'd think his big chance at trophies was going to City a few years back. That ship might have sailed, which honestly would be a shame considering how good he was/can be on his day.

Still a great player and I think he’d be perfect with our wide players but it all depends on what Spurs would want. £40-50m and a 4 year deal is big money but I think he’s worth it.

I trust the boss to pick the right man.

A non-starter for me. Spurs would want crazy money and he wouldn’t be worth anymore than £40m like jsp said. However Spurs would still want £70m plus and that’s just not happening.

He’s also not what we need, as times are going by he is inclined to drop deeper to create but it’s not like we need anymore creative forces. We need someone who is going to be in the box for the most part scoring the goals.

He’s also not what we need, as times are going by he is inclined to drop deeper to create but it’s not like we need anymore creative forces. We need someone who is going to be in the box for the most part scoring the goals.
I agree that's how he currently plays, but in a team designed to get the ball into the box for him, I think he'll play more like a traditional centre forward.

If the price wasn't silly, I'd take him.

To me it’s a bit like the RVP situation the gamble is how many good years do you get from him. I think there’s still 3-4 good years in him and at Utd he could be rotated a bit and managed through seasons.

The guy is quality and could be the perfect partner for Rashford my only worry is will he get in Bruno’s way.

Don’t see Spurs selling him at any price they’ll keep him to the end of his contract and prey that he changes his mind and stays. Selling him to another PL side would not go down well with fans.

Harry Kane could win us the League next season, he's that good, as long as he has pace either-side of him, and an 8½ that's prepared to run beyond him(and we have both, in abundance)he would score for fun at Old Trafford ....

If we can get him for £75/80m we must, though he's probably gonna have to push for the move for Spurs to okay a deal at that price.

£40m, what the

Levy isn't selling Kane, and he certainly isn't selling to us. Hypothetically though, he drifts into midfield far too often for my liking. I feel like we need a striker who occupies CBs and spends most of his time in and around the penalty spot. As a finisher, the RvP comparisons are apt, and I'd rather chances fall to him than Martial.

Sell Kane and Spurs might as well just cease to exist. Without his goals, they'd be lower mid-table.

I think at Spurs the better he has got the more some of his teammates are intimidated by him, it's get the ball to Kane at all costs to the detriment of the team at times, at a bigger/better club with better more technical players they'd only look for him when he was the better option.

At this point and given the fee's that would be involved I dont think Fergie would have signed Kane. Thats good enough reason not to.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems like a good fit for both parties, he needs to leave and we need a proven striker when they are few and far between at the moment.

There was talk of something in Sesko's contract which meant he was getable.

If not then Kane would be my next pick.

All comes down to price as much as I love him we can’t afford to pay 100m for him and Spurs I think will hold on to him until that contract expires. They will never get a striker as good as him for a decade again.

Seems like a good fit for both parties, he needs to leave and we need a proven striker when they are few and far between at the moment.

There was talk of something in Sesko's contract which meant he was getable.

If not then Kane would be my next pick.
Think United should buy two centre forwards in the summer. One experienced, one youngster. Kane and Sesko would fit the bill, although I’ve seen little of the latter to properly judge.

I don’t think Sesko is going to join a club where he isn’t going to be number 1 but I agree we need 2 centre forwards this summer a first choice and a backup with Martial heading out the door.

Also, think Sesko has already signed for Leipzig this summer to replace Nkunku who’s off to Chelsea in the summer.

Do we not have anyone coming up through the youth teams?
I can’t see anything special from any of the strikers in the youth teams to be honest. The best two guys are McNeill and Hugill but they are definitely not ready yet and would probably both benefit from loan moves. They also both need to improve their physicality as it’s a huge jump from the youth teams to the first team.

There was a lot of hype around McNeil but it doesn’t looks like his progress has stalled a little bit and is struggling at the U21 level having moved up from U18.

It is a big jump you probably stand a better chance if you can also play wide like Rashford, Greenwood and Garnacho. You need to be some player to come through as a centre forward and you will likely need some time out on loan like Welbeck had before he got a chance in our first team.

It worked with RVP

The problem is, there just aren't many knocking about and he would score us 20 goals a season. We're so lacking we need a deal like this unfortunately

If the rumour about Sesko's deal is true I'd like us to explore that

Kane would transform this current team from League possibles to League probables overnight, he is that good.

like Van Persie he’s hungry for that league title but the gamble is can you get 3 or 4 good years out of him or will 1 season burn him out.

Benzema and Lewendowski have kept going well into their 30s and like Kane they’ve never relied on speed.

He’s scared of it. Hasn’t got the balls to leave Tottenham and risk it going wrong for him.
Well in his comfort zone and staying there!

do we want to waste the summer doing the Levy dance?

Not really.

If we get top 4 and they don't I think this could happen as that leaves a big gap in the Spurs budget and if he says he's not signing a new deal the have to cash in on him and use that money to rebuild.

The only worry I have is if you sign Kane then the spine of your team De Gea, Varane, Casemiro, Kane are all the wrong side of 30.

In terms of the options available he is the obvious choice I think as an all round package he's still the best centre forward in the league.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back