Harry Amass

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty sure players under 18 are only allowed to sign 3 year deals unless that rule has been scrapped somewhere along the line.

Don't know him but we can't continue wasting money in this window.We need all the money we have to improve the senior team.

Don't know him but we can't continue wasting money in this window.We need all the money we have to improve the senior team.

There's a separate budget for the first-team, Academy/Reserves, and the Ladies teams.

Agreed to sign three months ago but there was always the fear Chelsea would do what Chelsea do and gazump at the eleventh hour, they tried but ....

Opera-Snapshot-2024-02-04-120117-www-stretfordendarising-com.png

The tick is the issue. I had the same issue when I tried to quote your original message.

I wonder if Amass could get a look in now Shaw is out. He’s like a Shaw clone with his play on the ball but obviously defensively you sometimes worry for a young kid especially one at 16 (nearly 17).

Not sure I can bring myself to watch Lindelof at left back and how it stunts our balance!

If we weren’t going to bring in a loan striker then there wasn’t much sense sending Reguilon back unless it was player/Spurs driven.

I wonder if Amass could get a look in now Shaw is out. He’s like a Shaw clone with his play on the ball but obviously defensively you sometimes worry for a young kid especially one at 16 (nearly 17).

Not sure I can bring myself to watch Lindelof at left back and how it stunts our balance!

If we weren’t going to bring in a loan striker then there wasn’t much sense sending Reguilon back unless it was player/Spurs driven.

There's more chance of you getting a look in.

He wasn't very good, he was nowhere near match fit and at the point we sent him back both Shaw and Malacia were due back. I think he was only ever a 6 month solution because Shaw got that injury they were never going to extend that loan deal.

My guess is it'll be Lindelof at left back and just getting by until Wan-Bissaka is fit and he'll probably come in at right back with Dalot moving over to the left.

Don't think they'll put a young kid in but they might put him on the bench for the upcoming games just in case there's a chance to put him on for 10-15 minutes.

He wasn't very good, he was nowhere near match fit and at the point we sent him back both Shaw and Malacia were due back. I think he was only ever a 6 month solution because Shaw got that injury they were never going to extend that loan deal.

My guess is it'll be Lindelof at left back and just getting by until Wan-Bissaka is fit and he'll probably come in at right back with Dalot moving over to the left.

Don't think they'll put a young kid in but they might put him on the bench for the upcoming games just in case there's a chance to put him on for 10-15 minutes.

That's just not happening, and It'll either be Evans starting at LB, or Dalot at LB with Lindelof or more likely Kambwala at RB, even Amrabat on the bench as an option at LB.

That's just not happening, and It'll either be Evans starting at LB, or Dalot at LB with Lindelof or more likely Kambwala at RB, even Amrabat on the bench as an option at LB.

FA Cup game next week was one I was thinking they might look at but I tend to agree he'll look to fix it with senior players rather than chuck a kid in unless he feels that kid is ready.

He's 17 next month that feels very young to be a premier league footballer and he doesn't look like he's one of these man child types where Rooney looked about 25 when he was 16.

FA Cup game next week was one I was thinking they might look at but I tend to agree he'll look to fix it with senior players rather than chuck a kid in unless he feels that kid is ready.

He's 17 next month that feels very young to be a premier league footballer and he doesn't look like he's one of these man child types where Rooney looked about 25 when he was 16.

Huh? That will be brutal, a high intensity for 95+ minutes, and Forest front three are all rapid, hardly the game to be experimenting with the defence - I will not be surprised if we got knocked out, it's a horrible tie - probably win 0-4 now

And in the unlikely event EtH decides to stick a young LB on the bench Sam Murray is ahead of Amass and by quite some distance because of his game-time with the 23s.

Huh? That will be brutal, a high intensity for 95+ minutes, and Forest front three are all rapid, hardly the game to be experimenting with the defence - I will not be surprised if we got knocked out, it's a horrible tie - probably win 0-4 now

And in the unlikely event EtH decides to stick a young LB on the bench Sam Murray is ahead of Amass and by quite some distance because of his game-time with the 23s.

Meant on the bench for that game, I reckon Forest will be putting out the B team for that one if the game is comfortably won you could maybe stick him on for 10 minutes.

That scenario is very unlikely given how our lot close out games.

ETH I think will know if he's ready for it if he doesn't think he is then there won't be any scenario where he puts him in, I think he's got a good head for these young players.

Meant on the bench for that game, I reckon Forest will be putting out the B team for that one if the game is comfortably won you could maybe stick him on for 10 minutes.

That scenario is very unlikely given how our lot close out games.

ETH I think will know if he's ready for it if he doesn't think he is then there won't be any scenario where he puts him in, I think he's got a good head for these young players.

I knew you meant on the bench.

It's our only chance of winning a trophy this season and with the way our defenders are dropping like flies EtH will want as much defensive experience on the bench as he can. So there might not even be room for Kambwala who has already proved he's physically up to it,

If Amass is on the bench I will eat my head,

I think if we were going to take a chance on a young left back, I think Amass would be ahead of Murray in the race. Don’t rate Murray at all, he’ll be moved on before he gets anywhere near the first team.

When I posted I didn't think he'd make it at United in the thread above it was partially because of the number of players ahead of him for his position, Shaw, Malacia, Williams, Fernandez et al, than his unsuitability for the position.

None of them are currently ahead of him and fit though, and Murray having had a season playing 23s football just has the drop on Amass if one of them were to step up, though Amass has a significantly higher-ceiling ....

If Amass gets picked it's as likely to be he of the two of them did a better job cleaning EtH's car, or brought him a shinier apple.

Yeah he definitely is the next in line if you are going through the ages but doesn’t always work like that I guess when young players are promoted - ala Rashford.

I suspect Murray will ultimately move on but like to say Amass does has that higher ceiling. Not saying Murray doesn’t have anything about him, he’s talented because he’s got that U23 spot but I don’t rate his chances of breaking through. Excited about Amass though and his future.

Two 18-year olds James Nolan and Habeeb Ogunneye have been training with the first-team alongside Amass the last few days, and that's probably the order they will be considered for a place on the bench until AWB is back, even though Amass is the only one who plays on the left.

It's a good video, should maybe be in the Sam Murray thread.

Sam is quicker, stronger in the tackle and better in the final third than Amass, but Amass is a better baller ....

I guess it’s so hard to break though anywhere let alone one of the biggest clubs in the world. Sometimes it takes some luck with Rashford who was drafted in because of an injury crisis and never looked back. Or just pure raw talent like Mainoo and Greenwood.

You would have put your money on players like Gribbin, Morrison, Petrucci, Mitchell etc making significant breakthroughs but for one reason or another it didn’t happen. Granted injuries didn’t help on that little selection but you could go on and on about youngsters who looked destined for something but didn’t get through.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back