Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Manchester United 0-0 West Ham United - 5th December 2015

Solid enough debut.

I hope he is given an opportunity instead of a makeshift right back.

Bags of pace too. He can possibly be for us what Bellerin has been for Arsenal.

A couple of nervy moments which was to be expected but I thought he has done well.

Wolfsburg 3-2 Manchester United - 8th December 2015

Encouraging second half performance. I thought he was exposed in the first half and had little support from Lingard.

Like the look of him. Looks like he'll be keeping his place too given the injuries.

Not afraid it seems but defensively he looks not good enough. Deserves his chance and whether he takes it not is now up to him. At his age it is time to step up now or not making it a top player.

Don't think he was better than darmian. Still has a long way to go. But if our back line that finished the game plays, then we are in for some exciting defeats.

Bournemouth 2-1 Manchester United - 12th December 2015

Shakier performance.

Derby County 1-3 Manchester United - 29th January 2016

Solid defensive performance. Did well.

Very good performance from him. Infact both the full backs put in a very mature performance.

Manchester United 5-1 FC Midtjylland - 25th February 2016

Superb. Great play for Rashford's second goal.

We said in the Varela to Genoa thread that the next few games could be huge for him and his United career.

Well he was really positive tonight. Kept getting forwards throughout and as you point out @Sideshow Bob he did so well to create Rashfords second goal.

Deserves to keep his place even if Darmian is available for Sunday.

The cross for the second Rashford goal is a thing of real beauty! The way he turns back and just puts it on a plate. Old Becks would have been proud of that one!

Given how torn apart Darmian was in the last game against arsenal I'd be inclined to agree... Varela has that pace to combat Sanchez. Mind you it's a risk... Sanchez is such a good player he could tear most players apart on his day. And then you're left possibly with a young player who's confidence is destroyed.

His performance was really good. He was attacking all the time and on the few occasions that midgetland tried to break away he coped well defensively too. Should keep his place against Arsenal. But must keep his attacking instincts in check a little against them.

I think he's more exciting because he likes to run with the ball and get forwards.

Darmian is far more cautious and will hold back a little bit from completely bombing on.

Certainly if Varela can continue to play well and improve he will put Darmian under a bit of pressure. But let's not forget he's only played against two poor teams in the last two games.

I think he's very good. Just hope the club do too, surprised it took so long for him to get his chance.. and the talk of a move away is also surprising. But hopefully these kinds of performances justify him having a future here.

Manchester United 3-2 Arsenal - 28th February 2016

He was good after a poor start.

Having someone who can be dangerous going forward is a bonus.

Lucky those injuries occurred, probably would have lost him otherwise. Played very well after early yellow.

Was very good today. Had a tough task keeping Sanchez in check but coped with it admirably.

Thought the way he kept going was actually really encouraging.

There were a couple of times where he got done and yet he kept going. A lot of their attacks first half came down the right and so in the second half he tightened up a bit. But throughout the game he was getting forwards and his head didn't go down.

Let's not forget he was up against a top top player who destroyed Darmian earlier in the season. In fact for a while after Darmian was a shadow of the player he had been.

Was very impressed again. He was walking a bit of a tightrope on the yellow but did very well on Sanchez and was a great outlet going forward - excellent first time cross in the lead up to Rashford's first goal.

For the most part he really kept Sanchez quiet. There were a couple of times where he was exposed but he didn't let it get to him. He kept going and was causing real problems going forwards. Played a key part in both the first and second goal which is something Darmian really doesn't contribute.

First call up from Uruguay.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Has potentially saved us buying in this position again in the summer. In fact a lot of the young players coming through have given pause for thought on that front. Big and good investment in the core of the team could be enough.

Yeah I'd agree with that mate. If he can continue to perform then I don't think we need a right back. We don't need a left back because of the emergence of Borthwick-Jackson. We definitely need a quality centre half, central midfielder and attacking player. It's too early to say for sure that we don't need a goalscorer. I think we all hope Rashford can do that but it's still early days.

Definitely need more goals. I think more goals can come from what we've already got mind. Martial could more than double what he's got this season. Memphis is capable of much more. Whether we'll see either do that next season is another thing mind. CB, CM and CF needed for me. Lukaku would be my personal preference upfront. Icardi or Kane other options. Would love a Pogba return in midfield although a Kante would maybe provide a better balance to our midfield, 2 midfielders certainly not out of the question though anyway because of doubts over Carrick and Fellaini, also Schweinsteiger's questionable fitness. I'd prefer a 4-3-3, so another midfielder to play alongside Schneiderlin and Herrera. CB; i'd like Stones, one for the future, lot to learn though.

Manchester United 1-1 West Ham United - 13th March 2016

One of, if not our best player today.

I really like this kid. A lot like Borthwick-Jackson he doesn't mess about and when he gets a chance in gets the ball in the box. He'll have a quick look up and then just get it in to the mixer. Thought he played really well yesterday and for me is a better overall option than Darmian as he brings more balance.

Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool - 17th March 2016

His first poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back