Glazers to consider selling Manchester United? Official: Ratcliffe Acquires 25% of United shares

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe Elon wasn't joking.

When the shares went up 17% he thought he'd say it was a joke or it would cost him more..... here's hoping.

I bet if he did take a minor stake it wouldn't be long before he'd take over.

Maybe Elon wasn't joking.

When the shares went up 17% he thought he'd say it was a joke or it would cost him more..... here's hoping.

I bet if he did take a minor stake it wouldn't be long before he'd take over.
Exactly, there is no way he would not want to be in control of the club.

I’ll believe it when I see it but the club needs new investment problem I see is will the proceeds of sale of these shares stay in the club.

If I was an investor part of the terms of that deal would be the money stays in the club and I get a voice that actually has some weight behind it.

If the club wants to invest in the stadium or training ground it needs an investor to help reduce the existing debt levels.

I tried listening to his podcast a few weeks ago i stopped listening years ago was just him and another guy arguing with each other but they were actually arguing the same point he just couldn’t see it because he had to be right.

I just don’t think he has an inside scoop and is particularly in the know everything he gets as much wrong as he gets right but he’s very active guess he’s just doing his best to make a living.

I tried listening to his podcast a few weeks ago i stopped listening years ago was just him and another guy arguing with each other but they were actually arguing the same point he just couldn’t see it because he had to be right.

This is exactly why I can only take him in small doses, and usually only when I’m angry about something because I know he’ll feed into it. Apparently he’s got connections within the club though.

I like what he says, and it all sounds feasible, but anyone can say I heard the club is for sale. Instant clicks

Sir Jim Ratcliffe is interested in buying a stake in Manchester United, his spokesperson has said, with a view to taking full control of the club.

At last!

This is exactly why I can only take him in small doses, and usually only when I’m angry about something because I know he’ll feed into it. Apparently he’s got connections within the club though.

That’s when I think he’s at his worst just chatting jibberish nothing constructive or insightful.

Talk of the devils by the athletic is probably the best one around on Utd currently.

I think he claims he has connections but he never seems to get the scoop first which suggests to me he doesn’t.

I’d agree that TOTD is definitely more intelligent all around, and better sourced, but there are times when I don’t want Mitten/Whitwell’s reasonable and responsible journalism. I want somebody throwing a flaming #%+* sandwich at the wall for 20 min…which is about all of Phil Brown that I can stand. Lol

Also, Ratcliffe adding his name to the mix has tempered my skepticism, but there is a protest planned for the upcoming match, right? Just saying…

Disclosure: I'm a Leeds United fan.
However, unlike many of my fellow Leeds fans i harbour no hatred for Manchester United.

Should the Glazers sell a minority shareholding? in my opinion no. I'd much prefer to see them sell lock stock and barrel because something seismic has to change in order to arrest the farcical situation this mighty club finds itself in. Selling a minority shareholding is simply not going to cut the mustard, at best it will be akin to tinkering at the edges.

Musk net worth $272 billion.
Ratcliffe net worth $13 billion.
Mansour $17.5 billion.

With Musk in the hot seat i'm pretty sure that Manchester United would very quickly become the premier club in world football. But the chances of him actually buying Man U are of course miniscule.

A Ratcliffe buyout could be good, it could be very good being that he's home grown, self made, and a genuine supporter.

this news has really bouyed my mood.

No way any of these are buying a minority share, these boys arent going to sit by and let the Glazers do what they want.

Judging by Arnolds pub meeting, this is what they want to do to raise money for the ground and training, but I just can't see a Billionaire doing that. I think they want to sell a minority to a group of American investors.

But these Biliionaires can smell blood and are going for the lot. I hope one of them wins.

Joy was short lived.

Joel and Avram have no will to sell their stakes and want to keep control. Looks like some American consortium is going to happen :mad:

I think things are picking up pace and I think in the next few months United will be sold. I think the Glazers realise that actually long term the money will dry up and that's all they care about.

I just can't see anyone investing that sort of money in the club. It's not the cash cow it was when the Glazers took over and why would you throw money at a firepit. Where's the upside?

Looking to sell a minority stake to a private equity firm called Apollo according to reports they will still maintain control but will have a partner.

Ratcliffe finally putting his head above water is important making his interest known he doesn’t want to miss out.

Yeah, I think he needs to force them into a sale somehow...pleeeeeease. Sounds like all the Glazers bar Joe and Avram want out.

They’re like the Glazers, except more so. FFS

there might be a conflict as one of the people at Palace is involved with Apollo

there might be a conflict as one of the people at Palace is involved with Apollo

I suspect they’d offload their share in palace to get a share in Utd.

They were also part of one of the bidders for Chelsea.

Expect all the takeover talk will go quiet once the transfer window shuts they’ve got no intention of selling up still plenty of milk left in their cash cow.

I think ( desperately hope) well have new owners next summer. Or we're doomed!

Just don’t see it unless a consortium come with a huge offer Ratcliffe seems interested and he’s the sort of man who could pull people into making a big offer.

The Denver Broncos (NFL) were just sold for $4.65bn that’s just shy of £4bn that is the biggest sale of a sports team on record Chelsea went for £2.5bn.

I suspect the Glazers would want a new record set and on top of that the new owners then need to finance the stadium and training ground projects which is another £1bn which they would obviously borrow as long term debt.

I just don’t see them ditching it but with everything there is a number that makes it happen.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back