Glazers to consider selling Manchester United? Official: Ratcliffe Acquires 25% of United shares

Like @jsp said, a solid valuation won't be made until bidders see the books which will inform their actual bid price. Nick Harris of Sporting Intelligence does a good job of breaking down the issues surrounding both the Sheikh Jassim and the Jim Ratcliffe bids. Thankfully Phil keeps his mouth shut for most of it.

While there are legitimate and serious concerns with either party owning our football club, I think the one thing we can all agree on is that some form of Elliot/Apollo/other dodgy investment fund backed Glazers is the worst possible outcome.

Yep the only reason the Glazers will want to keep it is to squeeze more money out of it over the next decade. They'll take on more debt that will be dumped on the club for the fans to repay it cannot be allowed to continue.

They need to go and sadly we might have to accept selling our soul to another form of the devil to move on from them.

At this point I just want people who will be serious about making the club the best it can be rather than running it into the ground.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The FT reporting that both bidders have been told that the offers don’t meet the owners valuation andto reconsider their offers.

FT reported the Qatar bid valued the club at $4.5bn the share price values the club at $3.8bn. The offer includes the debt which would remain on the club. $4.5bn would pocket the Glazer family $3.15bn to share amongst themselves.

Why cnat tehy jsut FCKU FFO

Because they are parasites.

They don’t care what we think about them, they never have and never will they are here to milk as much out of Utd as possible for as long as they can.

It seems pretty clear 2 of the brothers don’t want to sell, the other 4 siblings seem keen to shift it.

This whole sale could have been a way to establish true market value for that the 2 brothers could make the offer to buy the others out. Based on the Qatar bid this would take around $2.1bn to do.

The rumours are Avram is attending the cup final today I hope the Utd fans make sure he knows how we feel about him for the duration of the game.

It can't be coincidental that FSG put Liverpool up for sale around the same time we hit the market. Henry has recently pulled them back, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Glazers follow suit.

I'm not sure if floating the club without a genuine desire to complete the sale would be a wise idea. The end game is to sell eventually, so if Joel and Avram intend to get cash from the banking equivalent of a loan shark to temporarily prop them up, they're going to need to maintain relationships with the limited number of people/groups with a few extra billion kicking around. Using Qatar/Ratcliffe to establish valuation could leave them without a buyer when they are legit about selling.

I really worry for this club if the Glazers stay on. It will wilt and die eventually. They have no interest apart from their own pockets.

There have been a lot of reprts over the last few days indicating that the Glazers are edging towards not selling.

I don't think a lot has changed to be honest.

The Glazer camp has been split for years 2 want to stick it out and 4 want to sell. The 2 that want to stay haven't got the money to buy the others out.

I think they've probably been caught out because they expected a lot more interest than they actually got, maybe a reality check over what the club is actually worth in the current climate.

The statement went out was a message to the market that under the current ownership the can't fund the necessary investment in the club to take it forward. Simply put they aren't willing to dip into their own pockets and the leveraged debt they used to buy the club along with the recent transfer spending means they can't borrow more from the bank to dump on the club.

I suspect these stories are likely being leaked to try and get one of the bidders to up the offer when they submit their next bids.

these bloody leeches, putting a decision off until the end of the season.

I dont use hate often, if ever. But I hate the Glazers.

Anybody listening to the Beeb's "How To Buy A Football Club" podcast? It's about the potential sale of United, but I'm not sure if it's worth my time or contains anything new that isn't already common knowledge.

All the outlets I've seen suggest it's full steam ahead with the sale.

The bidders are all coming over to Manchester for meetings in the next 2 weeks before being asked to submit full offers.

It won't be done by end of March but once the next round of bids are in they'll likely enter exclusive negotiations with the preferred bidder.

Sky sports have said that the Qataris are contemplating walking away as the price isn't right as the Glazers are demanding $6bn

Elliott Management have made it through to the second stage of the Manchester United sale process.

Elliott helped finance the €740m takeover of AC Milan by Li Yonghong in 2017. Elliott took control of the club a year later when the Chinese businessman failed to make repayments on his €300m high-interest loan. Elliott sold AC Milan to investment firm Redbird in a $1.2bn deal last summer.

Feels like a bit of a non story to me they aren't making a bid for the club just offering finance to potential bidders.

The Glazers wouldn't work with Elliot as they'll have to put the company down as collateral it's huge risk for no reward.

I wonder (hope) if the Elliot involvement is being reported to create the idea that the Glazer's don't need to sell in an attempt to increase their leverage and drive the sale price up. If Qatar and SJR actually do walk away, the club is screwed.

Representatives of Sheik Jassim expected in Manchester tomorrow with Sir Jim Ratcliffe's representatives expected on Friday.

A lot of noise from noise making accounts on twitter saying the Qatar bid is practically done. Take with a truckload of salt.

The Glazers aren't going to rush into a deal until they have met everyone.

This is all about maximising the price and their profit there's no reason to take an offer when you still have a second offer on the table. If they'll pay £6bn today then no doubt they'll still pay it next week.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back