Glazers to consider selling a minority stake in Manchester United

Cruella ne Ville

Lol. There’s no way the Glazers sell for 3.75bn. I mean; “It remains to be seen whether such a figure would be palatable to Britain’s richest man and United supporter Jim Ratcliffe, who failed with a recent bid for Chelsea.”

Palatable for a man who bid 500m MORE for Chelsea?

Thankfully it’s The Mail because I want no part of a Dubai Investment strategy.

jsp

Lol. There’s no way the Glazers sell for 3.75bn. I mean; “It remains to be seen whether such a figure would be palatable to Britain’s richest man and United supporter Jim Ratcliffe, who failed with a recent bid for Chelsea.”

Palatable for a man who bid 500m MORE for Chelsea?

Thankfully it’s The Mail because I want no part of a Dubai Investment strategy.

Chelsea was sold for £2.5bn.

The rest was a commitment by the consortium to invest in the club in the future.

£3.75bn for all their shares would be a lot more than Chelsea got.

It wouldn't just be Jim Ratcliffe anyway it would be him and many others building a group to buy the club.

Mr C

I don't see them selling to be honest. They just pumped 200m into the playing side.

they need to sell, JR would be ideal, but really you want someone like Elon Musk who will pump money into the side and the ground/training without necessarily worrying about what he's going to get out of it in the sort term.

A few articles last week said they were refusing to talk to JR so this report is contrary to that.

RVN

I don't see them selling to be honest. The club just pumped 200m into the playing side.

they need to sell, JR would be ideal, but really you want someone like Elon Musk who will pump money into the side and the ground/training without necessarily worrying about what he's going to get out of it in the sort term.

A few articles last week said they were refusing to talk to JR so this report is contrary to that.
Edited for you ;)

Cruella ne Ville

Chelsea was sold for £2.5bn.

The rest was a commitment by the consortium to invest in the club in the future.

£3.75bn for all their shares would be a lot more than Chelsea got.

It wouldn't just be Jim Ratcliffe anyway it would be him and many others building a group to buy the club.
He was willing to pump 4.25bn into a much smaller club capable of less return. Don’t think he’d scoff at 3.75bn for the second biggest club in the world.
Regardless, a big no thanks to any investment corporation, US bank or dodgy petrol state.

jsp

He was willing to pump 4.25bn into a much smaller club capable of less return. Don’t think he’d scoff at 3.75bn for the second biggest club in the world.
Regardless, a big no thanks to any investment corporation, US bank or dodgy petrol state.

He was part of a group looking to buy Chelsea he wasn't putting up the full amount himself and a lot of the money will be borrowed it just can't be loaned directly to the club in the way the Glazer debt was.

If he decided to buy Utd it's almost guaranteed that he'd have some sort of investment fund alongside him with other smaller investors backing him but bit like Boehly he'd be the figurehead of the bid.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now